AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-19, 12:14   Link #2741
desrtsku
Nympholept

As expected, Satoha is quite the beast being able to easily pressure Yuuki in east round with nothing but pure skills (I like it when characters live up to their hype) ... and dat look on her face!!!
Seems like this vanguard match will be long ...

About, Shizu's ability. I bet it's something ridiculously funny (and I mean it) so I don't want to think about it too much, it'll ruin the surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Why? She graduated already.
Personally, I don't want to graduate with memories of myself being demolished by underclassmen or the likes ...
Old 2013-01-19, 12:25   Link #2742
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
So the secret to Shizu's skills might have been in front of us all along? It's like I'm watching angel beats again!

Also, here's a little something I just found. Not really sure if it's fanmade or not, though.

Spoiler for Relationship chart:
That chart is a bit off. The line between Shizu and Ako isn't pink so it's wrong!

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 14:55   Link #2743
Felyndiira

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Personally, I don't want to graduate with memories of myself being demolished by underclassmen or the likes ...
But she is the fourth place finisher in the inter-high National individuals tournament. Placing fourth there should really be considered a crowning achievement instead of something to look back on with disgust, underclassmen or not.

Plus, Teru has been the individual champion since she was a first year, so her winning is really just expected =p.
Felyndiira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 15:35   Link #2744
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post
But she is the fourth place finisher in the inter-high National individuals tournament. Placing fourth there should really be considered a crowning achievement instead of something to look back on with disgust, underclassmen or not.

Plus, Teru has been the individual champion since she was a first year, so her winning is really just expected =p.
Hmm ... Sera doesn't really approve your comment, you know.
It's a matter of perspective, making it to the finals and almost/practically not winning a single hand is not really something you should be proud of depending of your mindset ... and usually that's the case, since you would inevitably get hyped when you made it this far. It's like making it to the finals of a soccer tournament and losing 5-0 in the end. You generally don't remember that you're the runner up, you always remember that you missed your chance to be No.1 and it's even worse if you got trashed in the process. And in this case, it's not 1 but 3 people that destroyed you (if we assume she really did get destroyed), and the ones who did that to you are all supposed to be less experienced
Old 2013-01-19, 18:00   Link #2745
Felyndiira

Point taken, but we still don't know what happened in the inter-high finals. It's very well possible (especially given how Kei described Teru to Achiga) that it ended up being just another Teru rampage, and Kei/Satoha was just a bit better at protecting their points than the fourth place finisher. The match could have also been very close between Kei, Satoha, and the mysterious fourth place.

But I do see your point. Being trashed (by Teru) and losing -3000 to 110000 or something probably doesn't leave a good feeling .
Old 2013-01-19, 19:17   Link #2746
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Interesting. World Class Players. World Class tournament was being hinted already by the pros during the tournament but by the pacing the group battles are making. I'm expecting YEARS before we even lay our eyes on world tournament and if there would be a world tournament.

Who will you choose as members for it. The monster class are mostly 100% on the list.

I remember that Fujita-pro and Coach Kubo of Kazekoshi were in a selection committee of something... maybe the reason why Fujita-pro isn't on commenting duty is due to being busy going through the list of people in the inter-high selecting individuals who will be able to compete in the international tournament or something...

As long as they can get the Miyanaga siblings in one team then they just need three more people to fill up the remaining positions and they're good to go...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 23:22   Link #2747
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Point taken, but we still don't know what happened in the inter-high finals. It's very well possible (especially given how Kei described Teru to Achiga) that it ended up being just another Teru rampage, and Kei/Satoha was just a bit better at protecting their points than the fourth place finisher. The match could have also been very close between Kei, Satoha, and the mysterious fourth place.

But I do see your point. Being trashed (by Teru) and losing -3000 to 110000 or something probably doesn't leave a good feeling .
*nods* *nods*
But just as I said, it's a matter of perspective, well we won't know until we saw it ourselves
Old 2013-01-20, 16:13   Link #2748
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm sorry if I this was mentioned but.... there was a rumour floating around /a/ about Shizu's "ability" because of Achiga's PSP game coming out soon. 'course, it's only a rumour but...
Spoiler for Shizu's ability:
lol if this is true then my wild guess earlier would be somewhat correct, Shizu has something like a crisis aversion ability. It really does suit her personality IMO, since she is a genki that just keeps pushing forward and not succumbing to whatever she's facing. However, I hope there is a decent explanation on how it works.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 22:23   Link #2749
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
lol if this is true then my wild guess earlier would be somewhat correct, Shizu has something like a crisis aversion ability. It really does suit her personality IMO, since she is a genki that just keeps pushing forward and not succumbing to whatever she's facing. However, I hope there is a decent explanation on how it works.

Explanation you say... I've heard she made a contract at some shrine and she can barrow power from it but of course there's a condition... she should always be genki and full of energy... I mean always because if she ever show any sign of depression or sadness then she will forfeit her life automatically...

Seriously though, if her ability is some kind of crisis aversion then she'll need to use it always in the finals because of the amount of crisis she'll face with Saki and Awaii on the table... well, she need it now with the crisis of being on last place in Side A semi-finals...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 21:39   Link #2750
custardpie

http://www.saki-anime.com/special/interview2.php

In this interview, the director of Achiga explicitly says:
今まで穏乃は根性で立ち向かうようなキャラクターでしたが、そんな彼女がどんな能力を開花させるのかを楽し みに待っていて欲しいですね。
Which means (very roughly) something like, "Up til now Shizuno was a character who fought with sheer willpower. (I want) the audience to look forward to what ability she flowers."

Until now, I myself thought that the annoying-ness of Shizuno that Koromo mentioned was her spirit of never giving up, but I guess this means that she has a special ability. That doesn't necessarily mean she's a monster, of course, but at least she seems to possess some kind of ability. I just hope it makes sense, the whole fact that Shizuno hadn't been shown as a strong character at all or with any indication of having a special ability. I used to have faith in Ritz-sensei's character development, but some parts in Achiga decreased my faith...

Some in 2ch apparently believe her ability is kokushi musou. I don't know a lot about mahjong, so I wasn't able to understand the specifics of that argument, but it would be interesting if Shizuno could pull of a yakuman.
custardpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 23:42   Link #2751
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardpie View Post
http://www.saki-anime.com/special/interview2.php

In this interview, the director of Achiga explicitly says:
今まで穏乃は根性で立ち向かうようなキャラクターでしたが、そんな彼女がどんな能力を開花させるのかを楽し みに待っていて欲しいですね。
Which means (very roughly) something like, "Up til now Shizuno was a character who fought with sheer willpower. (I want) the audience to look forward to what ability she flowers."
So Shizu does have a power!? Or rather, she will? Awesome. I thought it was just a crack fan theory all this time. I wonder if it will be like something she's always had or is it just appearing now. I say it because of Kojaki's comment during Ako's match about not being sure whether she has an ability or not.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 14:32   Link #2752
Felyndiira

I'm almost wondering if Ritz is purposely making the Achiga manga characters worse than the ones in the main manga so that fewer people would comment on how quickly it updates =p.
Old 2013-01-26, 14:36   Link #2753
tsunade666

Achiga would probably ended up first than the main manga. Seeing that its already in the captain fight of the semi-finals while the main manga is still in vanguard fight.
Old 2013-01-26, 15:56   Link #2754
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
I'm almost wondering if Ritz is purposely making the Achiga manga characters worse than the ones in the main manga so that fewer people would comment on how quickly it updates =p.
I think you've got it reversed. The author made the side story characters inferior to the main story so that people won't complain much about how slow main manga progresses. Hack, I find the huge chapter of side story a great way to pass time while waiting for the main manga tiny chapter.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 03:29   Link #2755
Serperior

How wonderful! Episode 14 was just delicious! It's making me want to play mahjong again!

Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 03:56   Link #2756
teja208
Critical fanboy

In the manga when Akado appointed Arata the president role she described Arata being "reliable" but anime use "level-headed" instead which has totally different meaning. Why is that?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 14:13   Link #2757
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
In the manga when Akado appointed Arata the president role she described Arata being "reliable" but anime use "level-headed" instead which has totally different meaning. Why is that?
Dunno but they are always little differences between what the manga and the anime use.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 16:19   Link #2758
The Green One

Level headed meaning, always calm, collected, and in control. As president Arata represents the club's public face so what she does and how she acts reflects on the club as a whole.

One of the aspects of being reliable is being level headed. The flipside is also true.

Arata is a pretty serious girl so she fits the role quite well. Ako would be passable at the job but she couldn't pull it off like Arata could.

In this case reliable and level headed mean practically the same thing, so both are technically correct in this case.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 02:50   Link #2759
Peanutbutter

Exciting episode 14. Pretty smooth adaption though the mahjong was really too fast to follow easily.

Now then my prediction for the final match:

Spoiler for manga spoilers up to Achiga Chp 18:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 21:32   Link #2760
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Toki == Obi Wan?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri