AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-10-05, 11:39   Link #221
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The sword's a very good anti-enemy and anti-major weapon, especially if it matches up with their shield. And if you can get the drop on someone in Crucible it can cut them down in a single slice... provided you don't lag out or go up against a guy who somehow tanks 8 point-blank shotgun blasts to the face (yay cheating!). It also has a pretty damn good ammo supply once fully upgraded--56 for the legendary swords--and they can produce a shield that's effective against the other two elements you encounter.

Furthermore, each exotic sword quest will not rob you of the legendary equivalent. So yeah overall it's a really good weapon, though I wouldn't attack any Ultras with it... 'cept maybe the Darkblade.

As far as your light level goes, gear-type isn't nearly as important as the light level for where you're at. Up until 280-290 you can just use whatever has the higher damage/defense ratings so you can be effective at the recommended range for the task. There are people in the raid still using Rare gear and being just as effective as someone at the same light level that uses full legendary gear. I'd just recommend getting to the appropriate level for Vanguard Heroic Strikes (260) and just grinding those until you get your light level up to 290. You'll get several legendaries out of that as well, and possibly even some of the Strike-unique gear.
Old 2015-10-05, 13:12   Link #222
fiabundem1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
PvP is becoming a chore again if you're not good at it thanks to the new god-tier weapon, the Chaperone--a single slug-firing shotgun that can and will take you out in a single blow. If the whole enemy side has one you might as well just give up. And since it's acquired through an Exotic quest, pretty much everyone who's really good at close-in fighting in the Crucible has one.
really? i find the chaperone lacking. not enough impact to take you out unless point blank cause the range sucks. i also find that its not hard to deal with even if the enemy team has it. chaperone vs found verdict, felwinter, or even forth horse man it loses.
fiabundem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 16:07   Link #223
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We now have access to acquiring the Sleeper Simulant.

Fuck, I had shit I needed to do today.
Old 2015-10-08, 06:47   Link #224
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Huh so that's the relic fusion rifle I got yesterday. Well 1 relic down... 3 to go?

Also for example Xur idn't selling anything I want this week are those 3 of coins worth it? Also what is the most efficient way of using them?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 11:09   Link #225
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I guess they're worth it. I haven't really gotten anything out of them, but I have abnormally rotten luck anyway, while a lot of other people have gotten plenty of wealth from them. As for efficient use... I guess just use one before every Strike boss?
Old 2015-10-10, 01:12   Link #226
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay... can someone give me a basic run through of how to join/form fireteams in-game or via PSN? I'm fiddling around the dashboard and the menus and I'm simply befuddled on how seemingly hard it is to just form a squad. I'm thinking of using the lfg sites but I'm kind of blind to making and joining groups.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-10-10 at 04:30.
Old 2015-10-10, 05:34   Link #227
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yeah I never got into those lfg sites myself.

At first I tried it the less-reliable hit-or-miss way: I would random-invite people in the tower. But eventually as I formed more groups I got more friends on my friend list, and they in turn had more friends for me to be friends with, and the easier it became to form groups. Now I invite straight off my friend list, and even if I'm unsuccessful at building a full group, those friends have their own friends who they can send invites too.

Pro tip though, many people just use the plain invite function to invite people, but I've found it far more effective to send a regular message with the activity in the title. (so they don't have to go into their slow-loading menu to see it) For example, "crota raid?" "Vault of glass?"/"vog?"/"atheon?" "Poe?" Etc.
Old 2015-10-10, 05:45   Link #228
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm fine with using those lfg sites. I'm just confused on how to form these teams in PSN, outside of R3ing people on the Tower for invites.
Old 2015-10-10, 11:32   Link #229
勝利は単純な魂の中に

1. Set your fireteam privacy to public.
2. Create chat party in PS dashboard.
3. Invite LFG people to your party.
4. They join you by selecting your name in the party and choosing the 'Join Session' option.
Avatar of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 11:48   Link #230
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm fine with using those lfg sites. I'm just confused on how to form these teams in PSN, outside of R3ing people on the Tower for invites.
Alternatively:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fireteams/s...sort=new&t=all

1) Tag your post title with [PS4] (or whichever console you're using)
2) Specify in the title how many people you need (LF4, LF3... etc)
3) Specify in the title what event you need help with (Crota's End, King's Fall... etc)
4) Specify the difficulty level (Hard, Normal, etc)
5) In the body of the post write "Friend me and join fireteam"
6) Write down your PSN (or Gamertag)
7) Accept friend requests when you get them on your console
8) Wait for them to join your fireteam
9) Profit!

For example my LFG posts tend to look like:
Quote:
[PS4] LF1M King's Fall Fresh
Need 1 more player for King's Fall. Running it from the beginning. Friend me and join my fireteam.
PSN - ZOMGodzilla
If you're doing something relatively new (like King's Fall), you'll likely get friend requests up the wazoo in under a minute.
Old 2015-10-12, 21:35   Link #231
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So I recently tried an lfg site. Got invited through PSN and joined their chat session but for whatever reason I still can't get the people to appear on my fireteam list despite setting everything on public. Had to fiddle around like an idiot and I think they were getting annoyed before my connection thankfully (?) shit itself to save me the embarrassment of not knowing what the hell I was doing.

So apparently despite a PSN invite I'm still ignorant on joining a fireteam. Derp. Looks like I'm sticking to MM for a while. Seriously though I'm just lost on making a fireteam through PSN because even when they or I join the fireteam list isn't refreshing. Am I doing something wrong.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-10-13 at 00:02.
Old 2015-10-12, 23:09   Link #232
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Iron Banner starts tomorrow. Hopefully I can get good gear fairly quickly--I still have three raids to do, after all.
Old 2015-10-13, 11:18   Link #233
Chosen_Hero

The Carlton dance might just be the single best thing in Destiny i've ever seen.
Old 2015-10-14, 19:12   Link #234
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I've had it with PvP. Destiny multiplayer is just utter garbage. Poorly planned. Horribly imbalanced. And just pure unfun. Fuck PvP.
Old 2015-10-15, 01:30   Link #235
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well this is pretty neat.

https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-of-you/

I guess this page here will give you a customized promotional trailer for The Taken King... starring a character of your choice. Listing your personal achievements and your most lethal weapon, based on whichever character you choose, and assign you a unique title based off of it.

My Hunter is Unstoppable RDKateran, the Fallen Destroyer. Most Lethal Weapon: MIDA Multi-Tool.
My Titan is Unstoppable RDKateran, the Iron Knuckler. Most Lethal Weapon: Gjallarhorn.
My Warlock is Unstoppable RDKateran, the Fallen Destroyer. Most Lethal Weapon: Vex Mythoclast.

Apparently I'm in the top 1% of all players when it comes to Fallen Vandal kills and enemies slain with a Super.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2015-10-15 at 12:35.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 11:50   Link #236
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Goddamn the quest for Black Spindle is hard. Wiped there 7 times before I called it quits. 3 294s and we're getting creamed in the final room. We managed to make it there with 6min left every time and we still get rammed up the ass.
Old 2015-10-15, 11:50   Link #237
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

That link redirects to the regular destiny.com page.

Yeah, the Black Spindle fight is ridiulously hard. Tried 6 or so times myself with a full team of high-290s. We managed to kill the boss a few times, but never had anywhere near enough time to clear the room. The fight should just be over at killing the boss; that part can be hard enough as it is.
Old 2015-10-15, 11:59   Link #238
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm gonna give it one last shot after sleep and work. MAYBE I'll get it done before reset.

If not... well here's to hoping the quests for Sleeper Simulant is bit more... manageable.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-10-15 at 12:12.
Old 2015-10-15, 12:30   Link #239
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

The Sleeper Simulant is far easier to get than the spindle. Whil I'd recommend a Fireteam for the first mission, I personally soloed it. (though with some difficulty)
Old 2015-10-15, 12:38   Link #240
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Goddamn the quest for Black Spindle is hard. Wiped there 7 times before I called it quits. 3 294s and we're getting creamed in the final room. We managed to make it there with 6min left every time and we still get rammed up the ass.
Yeah, Black Spindle was aggravating to acquire. The real recommended light level is 300+ with raid weapons for an extra edge, and if you don't take out the spawns and blights very early you'll be very hard-pressed to win--as for getting there, you'll want to be extremely aggressive in killing enemies. Sleeper Simulant will help you kill the boss, though, so I'd recommend acquiring that--the only real difficult part on getting it is the first mission because it throws a ridiculous number of Hive and Taken Knights at you, which you're supposed to memorize the order of... but since it's a fixed pattern, you can find it online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That link redirects to the regular destiny.com page.
Sorry about that. Fixed the link; it should work now.