AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2008-06-28, 13:18   Link #721
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
I think the issue was that Haruhi is much, much more popular than FMP, as are several other series. Because of that, Kyoto would be idiots to ignore those more successful franchises to spend time on FMP right now.
when do you think they'll do a new FMP
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 02:20   Link #722
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

i can figure out why haruhi is so popular, but i still cant figure out why stuff like clannad is popular... and for this reason i got several bad marks on my reputation in the haruhi forum lol

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 12:29   Link #723
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

I'll tell you why. Because Haruhi has a funny coreography and likeable characters, and Clannad is the tipical romance story which every male in the world dreams about: being sorroundend by 5 or 6 nice school girls who love you for no aparent reason

Then I insist! We need to send KyoAn something funny, easy to sell and popular to put in FMP! so that they see a better chance of selling XD
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 17:30   Link #724
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
when do you think they'll do a new FMP
I don't know.

Once the new Haruhi wraps up they'll still have another season's or so worth of material left for it. Clannad I'm not familiar with, but I -thought- it was due to finish some time late this year. Plus there are a couple more shows in the works.

My best (un)educated guess would be spring next year at the earliest, if it doesn't get sidetracked by the Next Big Thing. Much later than that and any chance of a new season can probably be kissed goodbye, the fanbase will have moved on.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 18:11   Link #725
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Clannad I'm not familiar with, but I -thought- it was due to finish some time late this year. Plus there are a couple more shows in the works.
Yup, that is probably what will happen. Clannad was split into two seasons due to the length of the game/story. It's about five times bigger than Kanon. It looks like the Clannad ~After Story~ DVDs will hit the stores this winter, so it'll probably air this fall. I don't know if KyoAni will try adapting Planetarian into anime, but I'm expecting Little Busters to be animated sooner or later. Add to that, like you said, two additional seasons of Haruhi and the upcoming Lucky Star OVA and we've got ourselves a busy schedule.
Old 2008-06-30, 20:41   Link #726
Subzero00

I just finished FMP second raid and am a bit down as there's a big chance there won't be another anime. Anyone else feel the same?
Old 2008-07-03, 22:58   Link #727
sainclaire
This space for rent.

Send a message via AIM to sainclaire
Well, I just finished TSR and I feel the same way as you subzero. I really enjoyed these last two seasons; terrific job on the part of KyoAni.

Are you sure there's a big chance? I hope not.
sainclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 19:09   Link #728
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainclaire View Post
Well, I just finished TSR and I feel the same way as you subzero. I really enjoyed these last two seasons; terrific job on the part of KyoAni.

Well, all they've really said (apparently) is that they're currently busy with the more popular shows, that being Haruhi and anything based of Key's visual novels. And there's also the fact that the novels after TSR all end with cliffhangers, and as such, they don't have anywhere to END the next season. So while I do believe that there will be another one, it will propably take a while.
Old 2008-07-05, 13:18   Link #729
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainclaire View Post

Kyoani has lots of other shows which are ALOT more popular then FMP and they are busy with those. The problem is they'll always be busy they have to make time.
Old 2008-07-05, 21:37   Link #730
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
I just finished FMP second raid and am a bit down as there's a big chance there won't be another anime. Anyone else feel the same?
i would say that it is very unlikely for kyoani to NOT finish FMP, there are still more novels to cover, new shows they are workin on, etc. just because it isn't out RIGHT NOW, doesn't mean it wont be finished... DON'T BE A NEGATIVE NANCY!!!!! xD

it will be finished, but like i said earlier, not till late 2009 early 2010.
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 01:38   Link #731
FrostWolf

maybe it's the case where Gatoh finishes the novels and then they start making the new series...do you here me KyoAni
FrostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 00:15   Link #732
Major1138

At this point, given how it looks like the main storyline will wrap up with the next novel or so, they might as well wait for it all to be finished before deciding how best to approach it. It's not like they're lacking for material otherwise.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 11:26   Link #733
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
At this point, given how it looks like the main storyline will wrap up with the next novel or so, they might as well wait for it all to be finished before deciding how best to approach it. It's not like they're lacking for material otherwise.
thats right they ain't lacking material but all the certian novels end with a cliff hanger so they haven't got a proper ending. i think if the do a new series it will be once all the novels are done and they have an ending
Old 2008-07-08, 19:22   Link #734
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
thats right they ain't lacking material but all the certian novels end with a cliff hanger so they haven't got a proper ending. i think if the do a new series it will be once all the novels are done and they have an ending
yes this is true, cuz they could have made a series by now no prob, they dont want to drag it out too long which i know sounds ironic cuz what is going on now... they are dragging it on, but for the right reasons. when it is finished it will be FINISHED for real and no more waiting.

so basically all this waiting will be worth it cuz we wont have to do it in intervals, we just have to stomach this wait and then IT WILL BE DONE!
Old 2008-07-09, 01:35   Link #735
king_joker

Unhappy

ok so far i'm reading the novels....kinda bored and anxious and what not cuz i'm really into fmp right now XD....

and so far i've been tryin to get fmp sigma manga and there appears to be only raws.....

i have only one comment in my mind that will bother me for the rest of my life as an anime/manga/anything related fan...

and that is....being unable to interpret the Japanese language ...I swear....one of my goals will be to study that language during my university years!!!!!!!!!!

IMO...the best place to live in(besides my home country of course [Philippines]) is in Japan XD...

anywho back to the topic....just finished TSR and the best scenes IMO would be:
1.) The scene wherein wraith and Chidori were left and she begins to cry over Sousuke not being able to be with her...(so sad )

2.) The scene where Sousuke gets depressed in Hong Kong () and Chidori epicly arrives and smacks Sousuke right in the face

3.) The scene where Chidori cries on Sousuke near the end... It was so funny when Sousuke nervously tried to put his arms around her then Chidori's friends just had to ruin the moment...damn they shudntv appeared XD...

well....after all of these....I really hope for a new season...I mean don't get me wrong the series was great and all but.....i dont like cliffhangers
(well in my case it was because I'm not going to be able to read all of the novels unless I w8 for them for a loooooooooooooooooooong [add more o's] time....damn i really hate the issue of not being able to understand nihonggo )
king_joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 18:55   Link #736
LemonMunchies

@king_joker

you can buy the english versions of the FMP sigma manga off ebay for like about 9 USD plus shipping
LemonMunchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 20:41   Link #737
king_joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMunchies View Post
@king_joker

you can buy the english versions of the FMP sigma manga off ebay for like about 9 USD plus shipping
ohhhh........but last I've seen it was only up til teh 2nd volume......i think....
Old 2008-07-10, 18:48   Link #738
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_joker View Post

anywho back to the topic....just finished TSR and the best scenes IMO would be:
1.) The scene wherein wraith and Chidori were left and she begins to cry over Sousuke not being able to be with her...(so sad )

()

This is by far the best scene in all of FMP in my opinion. the emotion was so unreal A++++
Old 2008-07-14, 02:58   Link #739
king_joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
This is by far the best scene in all of FMP in my opinion. the emotion was so unreal A++++
agreed
Old 2008-07-15, 05:57   Link #740
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
a third to that.. thats what raised TSR to another level for me. one of the best scenes ive seen in any anime
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!