AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-06-28, 11:51   Link #11461
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

1. someone remind me why lisana was resurrected again if Natsu is just going to keep tripping Lucy's flag?

2. Jade dragon, too bad he didn't get a chance to strip the princess. hope he makes a come back.
Old 2013-06-28, 12:24   Link #11462
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1. someone remind me why lisana was resurrected again if Natsu is just going to keep tripping Lucy's flag?

2. Jade dragon, too bad he didn't get a chance to strip the princess. hope he makes a come back.
1 - because lisanna return not was to be a "love rival" was just because someone from anime/manga team asked him to bring her back along with the fans, because their liked her character in the flashbacks.

2 so sad who zilcconis not will remain in this timeline i also want see him come back.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 12:58   Link #11463
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
...I am preparing my feels for next week. Meredy will be inconsolable for a while if Ultear's current state manages to stick.
im guessing instead of sacrificing her life, all her magic will be gone instead
Old 2013-06-28, 14:06   Link #11464
gloh79
Sashimi Lover

I'm am just wondering as to why Zirconis did not recognize his nickname as the "Jade Dragon" when the princess was conversing with him and the ghost version that Wendy summons introduces himself as the "Jade Dragon"???....or am I misreading the translation...
gloh79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 14:12   Link #11465
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
2 so sad who zilcconis not will remain in this timeline i also want see him come back.
I was hoping he would have one last laugh by taking a quick puff at the princess before he vanished. Giggity

This arc was rather disappointing, so much build up for so little pay off and use of time traveling was really messy. In the end I think this arc just served as a foreshadowing of things to come. I'm curious where things will go from here.
Old 2013-06-28, 14:17   Link #11466
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloh79 View Post
I'm am just wondering as to why Zirconis did not recognize his nickname as the "Jade Dragon" when the princess was conversing with him and the ghost version that Wendy summons introduces himself as the "Jade Dragon"???....or am I misreading the translation...
He got that nickname later in time...or maybe Hisui just gave it to him, so when he died after going back to his time, he kept it because it's cool! ....ugh, time travel stuff.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 17:32   Link #11467
xellos2099

In case you guys didn't notice, even after the dragon and evil rouge disappear, the damage in the city remain. Therefore, any damage and death result from the dragon will remain. Therefore, I think ultear is still dead from her magic. Therefore, IF ultear didn;t use her magic at that moment, Gray would still be dead.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 11:22   Link #11468
Casshern

I hope mashima brings her back anyway, or at least brings the edolas version of her into the story.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 12:46   Link #11469
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
....did future lucy return to the future? or go to the afterlife?
The afterlife. There are a number of clues. Levy for example is not apparent among those waiting for Lucy, and we know Levy was still alive in that future. Lucy waking up in a random field all "where am I?" instead of in the city, or in transit, with virtually all of Fairy Tail grayed out waiting for her is extremely peculiar, and not something that's likely to normally happen. Dragons and people vanished in the order that they came through the gate, but the present itself shows no signs of changing. Natsu's still injured, Lucy's still in an outfit from the stellar spirit world, they're still surrounded by rubble, etc. So with damage inflicted not reversed, Future Lucy will still be dead.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 12:47   Link #11470
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

I agree with xellos and I think a whole lot of people are misinterpreting what happened. Time was not rewritten and nothing that has happened in this arc was changed. The only thing destroying the gate did was send the future and past characters back to their proper timelines. Hence, any damage done or deaths (Ultear) are not going to be undone.

Future Lucy is dead, as are all of the future timeline FT. Time has been restored for them and they all are meeting up in the afterlife to continue their journey. I thought it was a pretty beautiful scene as was the last part with Lucy and Natsu. Some may find it corny or whatever, but it is part of why I like Fairy Tail. There are always lots of nice moments and I need them to balance out watching Attack on Titan , etc lol!

Plenty of things to cover still:

1. Zeref
2. Acnologia
3. Top 5 members of the magic council
4. Lumen Histoire
5. More on rest of dragons and dragon slayers
6. Frosch/Rogue

There is plenty to be explained about those topics and more!
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 14:32   Link #11471
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
I agree with xellos and I think a whole lot of people are misinterpreting what happened. Time was not rewritten and nothing that has happened in this arc was changed. The only thing destroying the gate did was send the future and past characters back to their proper timelines. Hence, any damage done or deaths (Ultear) are not going to be undone.

Future Lucy is dead, as are all of the future timeline FT. Time has been restored for them and they all are meeting up in the afterlife to continue their journey. I thought it was a pretty beautiful scene as was the last part with Lucy and Natsu. Some may find it corny or whatever, but it is part of why I like Fairy Tail. There are always lots of nice moments and I need them to balance out watching Attack on Titan , etc lol!

Plenty of things to cover still:

1. Zeref
2. Acnologia
3. Top 5 members of the magic council
4. Lumen Histoire
5. More on rest of dragons and dragon slayers
6. Frosch/Rogue

There is plenty to be explained about those topics and more!
I think a few chapters ago, it was demonstrated via some chart that whenever history is altered, it breaks off into a new timeline while the original still exists, like the filmmakers' explanation of the 2009 Star Trek movie. So there's a new timeline where Future Rogue never came, but we'll still be following this timeline. And if that's not the purpose of the chart, it's still what I believe as a result of reading it.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 18:24   Link #11472
Yye1
Wide Right

Ugh, I am not that interested in anymore of Rogue and Frosch, but I am curious as to the nxt arc, probably a few chapters of celebrations? Kinda miss the job hijinks of earlier fairy tail arcs

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 18:34   Link #11473
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Ugh, I am not that interested in anymore of Rogue and Frosch, but I am curious as to the nxt arc, probably a few chapters of celebrations? Kinda miss the job hijinks of earlier fairy tail arcs
next arc will probably a campaign to keep ZiegJellal, Meredy and Ultear (if still alive) out of prison and joining FT.
Old 2013-06-29, 18:46   Link #11474
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I actually like the ending page (the part in afterlife), it looks pretty emotional to me. It's a bit anti-climatic though, I'll give you that.

Also
Quote:
So, let me get this straight. By (abruptly) destroying the gates, Future Rogue as he is now won't exist. If he doesn't exist, doesn't that mean he'll never be able to go back from his own time period to bring the dragons to the present, which would erase the need for Ultear to sacrifice herself, which would render the past two chapters, and pretty much all the buildup in this arc to something ominous that wasn't already rendered completely pointless, completely pointless?
Didn't realize this but the town doesn't seem to repair itself yet because the gate is gone? Does that mean not all calamity will be resetted?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 21:27   Link #11475
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
next arc will probably a campaign to keep ZiegJellal, Meredy and Ultear (if still alive) out of prison and joining FT.
Ultear and Jellal joining FT? Thats awkward...
Though for some reason I have enjoyed Meredy and Juvia interactions

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2013-06-30, 10:16   Link #11476
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
but the town doesn't seem to repair itself yet because the gate is gone? Does that mean not all calamity will be resetted?
If all calamity would be restored it would end up in a loop, since it was a dragon that caused it all.

(don't think too much into it, artistic license on time travel physics basically)
Old 2013-07-02, 11:04   Link #11477
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Yeh, Future Rogue turned out to be the most uninteresting villain in all of FT's run >_> I actually expected more from him when he first showed his bad-ass self to the Rescue Team. Turns out its all just for looks. I didn't enjoy this arc's climax so I do wish Mashima pumps up the next one, even if its not a main plot arc.
Old 2013-07-02, 16:16   Link #11478
immblueversion

So, when can we expect the first of these three chapters? I wasn't paying much attention.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 18:55   Link #11479
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
So, when can we expect the first of these three chapters? I wasn't paying much attention.
this week, we will get 3 chapters, next week 3 more chapters, then few days later a special chapter.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 23:05   Link #11480
Yye1
Wide Right

Its 3 chapters per magazine right?

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen