AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-08, 05:30   Link #1461
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Since when did the east coast get anything?
Not this time, but they get stuff all the time that "fly over country" doesn't...
Old 2010-05-08, 14:46   Link #1462
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Not this time, but they get stuff all the time that "fly over country" doesn't...
Maybe, but the West Coast gets like 15x that.
Old 2010-05-17, 08:43   Link #1463
phizzy
私は美少女じゃないか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Sorry for double-posting, but Viz Cinemas has announced that on the night of the North American premiere, Cristina Vee will be present to perform her English versions of the Haruhi songs and autographing copies of the poster for the movie. There will also be giveaways of the manga and light novel from Yen Press as well as a raffle for a one-year Crunchyroll subscription.
But her versions are absolutely horrible. If I were going I wouldn't want to hear her sing.
Old 2010-05-17, 13:20   Link #1464
Blayne Barudorii

They're alright, I liked Wendee Lee's better for the southern twang she adds to it but Valiere Vee's singing is fine.
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Old 2010-05-18, 09:58   Link #1465
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
As of yesterday at 18:19 PST, the premiere for the movie in San Francisco has officially sold out of the allotted tickets according to the ASOS Brigade. I hope everyone who wanted one (and would have the chance to be there) got their ticket beforehand.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-05-18, 10:47   Link #1466
Blayne Barudorii

San Francisco will forever hold a special place of hatred in my heart for getting to see the premiere.

Anyways joking aside, anyone got a youtube link for the capella of the song nagato sings at the end?
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Old 2010-05-18, 14:20   Link #1467
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Why not L.A...... NAZEEE?!
Old 2010-05-18, 14:22   Link #1468
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
If I lived in L.A., I would see a road trip in my future. Harder to justify living on the east coast, though.

aka: No pity.
Old 2010-05-18, 19:51   Link #1469
Blayne Barudorii

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I'm trying to decide which is a worse punishment from god, getting a hurricane hotdropped on you or being denied the premier of Vanishment and having to deal with having San Francisco get it instead.

Old 2010-05-18, 22:19   Link #1470
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

At least you guys are in the same bloody country. Us peeps in Singapore have to fly halfway around the world. Pfffff.
Old 2010-05-18, 22:29   Link #1471
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
So wait... Only San Fransisco and Hawaii?!?

Why?!

Why not Seattle too! We have a large Japanese immigrant population too! Since that's obviously what they are basing this on.

Stinking California... once again trying to make yourself special aren't you!

Well... Well... At least we aren't bankrupt!

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-05-18, 23:45   Link #1472
Blayne Barudorii

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
At least you guys are in the same bloody country. Us peeps in Singapore have to fly halfway around the world. Pfffff.
I am 100% Canuck with Chinooks for your information!

Old 2010-05-19, 00:55   Link #1473
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne Barudorii View Post
I am 100% Canuck with Chinooks for your information!
What part? If it's in the western half, you're probably still closer than I am... And you've got to admit that hurricane line is probably going to lead people away from thinking Canada (I was thinking southeast US, actually)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
So wait... Only San Fransisco and Hawaii?!?

Why?!

Why not Seattle too! We have a large Japanese immigrant population too! Since that's obviously what they are basing this on.

Stinking California... once again trying to make yourself special aren't you!

Well... Well... At least we aren't bankrupt!
Don't get me started on Seattle. While Singapore is at least further from Japan than I am fom SF (although probably not as much as aegis thinks, and certainly not "halfway around the world"), Seattle's only like a half-day's drive. Perfect road trip distance. If we were both to drive to SF, you'd be almost to Sacramento before I'd even be out of Texas... And would get to SF about a day sooner (and that's without me crashing in a motel somewhere on the way). Not to mention the scenery would be a lot nicer coming from your direction (forests and mountains) than mine (desert, more desert, and mountains that aren't as pretty).

It'd be easier (though not much faster) just to fly to Japan. Not quite as cheap, though that depends upon how much of the gas for the trip I have to buy in California... ^_^

LOL at "at least we aren't bankrupt", though...
Old 2010-05-19, 01:15   Link #1474
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

So, who's planning on being there friday for the premiere? (I'm going to be there, and as stated before, I will be wearing a green jacket and a black T-shirt.)
Old 2010-05-19, 11:22   Link #1475
baltakatei

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
So, who's planning on being there friday for the premiere? (I'm going to be there, and as stated before, I will be wearing a green jacket and a black T-shirt.)
Nyou. o/ Red shirt and khaki pants.
Old 2010-05-19, 13:40   Link #1476
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I shall also be in attendance at this event. I'll most likely shall be in green colored attire with khaki pants (as they are all I've packed).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-05-19, 13:56   Link #1477
Mungo0

I hope they show the film in Norwich eventually, that would be nice. But have fun guys. I can't come, sadly, due to the fact that I live in the UK.
Old 2010-05-19, 14:16   Link #1478
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I shall also be in attendance at this event. I'll most likely shall be in green colored attire with khaki pants (as they are all I've packed).
You guys with your "green shirt khaki pants" and "red shirt khaki pants" - how many people have green shirts or red shirts and khaki pants?

I'm laughing at the image of the three of you deciding to meet up and approaching everyone with one of those color combos. (Though, I suppose, if the venue is small enough, maybe it wouldn't be a problem, or maybe most people will be in jeans or black, who knows...)

I hope y'all have a good time and enjoy the movie, anyway.
Old 2010-05-22, 02:21   Link #1479
netvope
SOS-Dan

Any news from those who've just watched the US premier?
Old 2010-05-22, 02:59   Link #1480
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
Any news from those who've just watched the US premier?
I just got back home not from the theatre, and I can say, whew, that was a good one, it was really a good movie to watch, and watching it in it's natural environment really made it shine. And it was packed with a bunch of from all over the place: One guy from Reno, Nevada, another from Kansas, another from New Jersey, and one guy from Japan that had watched the movie over 100 times. (And waited 24 hours to see it's first showing in Japan.)
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen