AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-28, 20:01   Link #961
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Now its Megami's turn: Otsuu-san still paying back her debt:

Spoiler for NSFW bathing action:
Ringo is just sitting there enjoying the Yuri scene as expected.
Old 2010-08-28, 20:12   Link #962
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ringo: Just as planned.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 21:01   Link #963
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Kinda late (out camping in the woods last week, no internet) I know,

but who else almost spat his/her coke on the screen laughing when Kuroko-chan narrated "Shirai-san" as she "herself" popped on screen as the list of potential wives?
Old 2010-08-28, 21:02   Link #964
klare

nice eps, been waiting for Ringo's story

now will there be a kiss in every eps?

did not expect that old man is the genie...
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 21:03   Link #965
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
nice eps, been waiting for Ringo's story

now will there be a kiss in every eps?

did not expect that old man is the genie...
No wonder there was the word "Lamp" in the name of his organization.
Old 2010-08-28, 21:13   Link #966
ZeKeR
Superbad

ringo has the right idea.... ryoushi is there somewhere.... concealing his presence....
Old 2010-08-28, 22:31   Link #967
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
ringo has the right idea.... ryoushi is there somewhere.... concealing his presence....
If that was true, then he will probably die if Ryouko found out
Old 2010-08-28, 23:26   Link #968
Seiryuu

I'm really getting into this series. It's interesting how all the characters seem to fill multiple fairy-tale character roles, and in some cases the obvious one is a very small part of who they are, or even amounts to nothing more than the basic appearance. For instance, the "boy who cried wolf" seems like far more of a big, bad wolf than Ryouko could ever be.

One thing I've been thinking about: the title is "Ookami-san and her SEVEN companions". The Otogi Bank has eight members beside herself. Could this be some sort of foreshadowing? Especially considering the girl's fear of being betrayed.

Anyway, I hope we'll find out soon just what Hitsujikai did to Ryouko.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 23:50   Link #969
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I'm really getting into this series. It's interesting how all the characters seem to fill multiple fairy-tale character roles, and in some cases the obvious one is a very small part of who they are, or even amounts to nothing more than the basic appearance. For instance, the "boy who cried wolf" seems like far more of a big, bad wolf than Ryouko could ever be.
I just realized that Ryouko came from the fairy-tale "The Boy who cried Wolf" when she was dissed by the girls after getting something done to her by Hitsujikai.

Quote:
One thing I've been thinking about: the title is "Ookami-san and her SEVEN companions". The Otogi Bank has eight members beside herself. Could this be some sort of foreshadowing? Especially considering the girl's fear of being betrayed.
This is giving me some thoughts.. If anyone remembers episode 2, and what ryoushi said before beating the guy at the end to a knock-out pulp. This is probably a big hint if you listened closely..

Quote:
I agree, that sounds like a major emotional part that needs to be told.
Old 2010-08-29, 00:16   Link #970
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
which means we may only see it at the final eps
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 00:43   Link #971
scr
my sides are in orbit

if anything is proven with eps 08, it's that sluttiness is in the blood.

seriously, this anime is dark. first there was an implied rape, and now the consequences of adultery. also, the whole "designated villain" thing.

i'm seeing Ringo as a victim, though. not perpetrator.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 02:51   Link #972
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Not only that. Have you noticed the discussion between Liszt and the old geezer principal some episodes back? It is said that Otogibana-shi is just like its homophone "otogibanashi" (or fairy tale). For example, ever wonder why every villain seems cramped into Onigahara(sp?) High School?

Although it would most likely be excluded from the discussion (as it would just make things cluttered), I want to know why there is such a city like Otogibana-shi. I remembered that in the discussion, it is said that it was sort of a utopian city ran by Otogi Bank indirectly (with alumni/alumnae with favors from Otogi Bank making things work in the background).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-08-29, 03:40   Link #973
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
From what we learn a few episodes back, it's not to hard to fill in the pieces.
Old 2010-08-29, 11:19   Link #974
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I just realized that Ryouko came from the fairy-tale "The Boy who cried Wolf" when she was dissed by the girls after getting something done to her by Hitsujikai.

This is giving me some thoughts.. If anyone remembers episode 2, and what ryoushi said before beating the guy at the end to a knock-out pulp. This is probably a big hint if you listened closely..

Hitsujikai is supposed to be the "boy who cried wolf". That's why I thought it interesting that, aside from his tendency to lie, he's far more a wolf, and the one who was abandoned and left to be eaten was Ryouko, the "wolf" who hadn't lied about anything.

I suspect that at some point one of the "companions" is going to reveal a different side of their personality and bring Ryouko close to cracking from the repeated betrayal. And of course, as Ryoushi says, he'll be the one to protect her, and he'll be the one to catch her and save her.

I'm not sure we really got all that much information about what Hitsujikai did. One of the problems with a compulsive liar is if he says something and then denies it, you can't tell if whether the story or the denial is the lie. I'm leaning towards the denial being one of his rare honest moments, sort of like how the boy who cries wolf laughing at the villagers when they all come running for the imaginary wolf.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hitsujikai finally ends with a nod to the tale though. For instance...
Spoiler for An easy-to-imagine scenario:

Note, the spoiler above is pure speculation of a scenario that I think COULD happen, with no foundation on preexisting knowledge of any kind. I haven't read any of the manga or light novels, all I know is the anime.

BTW, Otogibana City was founded by the Aragami Group, and is a sort of "academy city". A part of their profit and a large part of their PR comes from their school's high-quality education and the talented and driven people that come from there, which also makes the school more prestigious and encourages enrollment of the best students. The idea of having another school nearby specifically for delinquents to create conflict seems rather ruthless though. Would be kind of interesting to see one of the students of that school rebel and fight for the "good guys", proving that even if he's given the role of villain it doesn't mean he has to accept it.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 16:45   Link #975
LC
Shocking Pink

Loved Ryouko's dream this episode! It was delightfully cheesy. It seems we have a new character next episode (the male whose hair looks like cat ears.. Puss in Boots?) who is probably working with the Fox-girl.

Is there anyone who has spoilers for the novels? Or at least the images? I can't find them anywhere. Q___Q
Old 2010-08-29, 20:07   Link #976
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Hitsujikai is supposed to be the "boy who cried wolf". That's why I thought it interesting that, aside from his tendency to lie, he's far more a wolf, and the one who was abandoned and left to be eaten was Ryouko, the "wolf" who hadn't lied about anything.

I suspect that at some point one of the "companions" is going to reveal a different side of their personality and bring Ryouko close to cracking from the repeated betrayal. And of course, as Ryoushi says, he'll be the one to protect her, and he'll be the one to catch her and save her.

I'm not sure we really got all that much information about what Hitsujikai did. One of the problems with a compulsive liar is if he says something and then denies it, you can't tell if whether the story or the denial is the lie. I'm leaning towards the denial being one of his rare honest moments, sort of like how the boy who cries wolf laughing at the villagers when they all come running for the imaginary wolf.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hitsujikai finally ends with a nod to the tale though. For instance...
Spoiler for An easy-to-imagine scenario:

Note, the spoiler above is pure speculation of a scenario that I think COULD happen, with no foundation on preexisting knowledge of any kind. I haven't read any of the manga or light novels, all I know is the anime.

BTW, Otogibana City was founded by the Aragami Group, and is a sort of "academy city". A part of their profit and a large part of their PR comes from their school's high-quality education and the talented and driven people that come from there, which also makes the school more prestigious and encourages enrollment of the best students. The idea of having another school nearby specifically for delinquents to create conflict seems rather ruthless though. Would be kind of interesting to see one of the students of that school rebel and fight for the "good guys", proving that even if he's given the role of villain it doesn't mean he has to accept it.
Ah, thanks for clearing that out. It has been a few episodes back, and I can't afford to rewatch it because of my slow connection speeds.

And I see that it does remind me of Academy City of the Toaru Majutsu no Index universe.

Old 2010-08-29, 20:08   Link #977
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 9 was great. especially seeing all the girls in those swimsuits, the looked nice, even Ryouko, with that black and blue suit. She looked great with that hairstyle too. I'm glad I'm not the only one to equate Ringo with, Rose Red.
Old 2010-08-30, 10:37   Link #978
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sister's Act

A bit weak here and there but I actually rather liked finally getting Ringo's back story that was hinted at in the previous episodes.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 16:38   Link #979
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Sister's Act

A bit weak here and there but I actually rather liked finally getting Ringo's back story that was hinted at in the previous episodes.
I know , this episode really finished the confusion I had about Ringo, and why she was always in that smiling mood, even when she said she was trying to hide a deep depression, how I get to relax.
Old 2010-08-30, 20:59   Link #980
ritouka

Very sweet episode with so much lovely service-shots. Kisses every episode now. Though short, Ringo's past screen explains really well the reason why Ringo always keep a smile to hide her own loneliness and sadness, and the reason she came to Otogibana-shi. The sisters' talk is also touching. Both Ringo and Himeno's feeling are reasonable. As for the reason why Himeno was almost drown after like 10s: They don't name the place "Mermaid Pool" for nothing :3
Looking forward to Reiko Mikuni's appearance. Reiko name is literally 9-tailed beautiful fox ^^. It's gonna be a serious episode now.
ritouka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen