AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 13:45   Link #3581
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Radiant Quests are minor and repeatable. "Go kill this dragon." "Go beat so-and-so up." "Go rescue so-and-so from vampires."

That's how the quests in Skyrim are "infinite".
Old 2013-01-05, 13:56   Link #3582
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Oh I see, I haven't been playing the game for long, its been about 2 weeks. How many unique quests do you think this game have? I have only visited 4 cities and a few towns. I also completed the main story-line for the College of Winterhold and the Companion guilds, and I think I am close to finishing the thieves' guild story line. As far as the main plot goes I am at the part where the Imperials and the Stormcloaks are to meet with the Graybears.
Old 2013-01-05, 14:01   Link #3583
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Pretty much any faction in the game has its own set of Radiant quests, so there's a pretty wide variety. Other non-faction regions and characters can offer Radiant quests, too--jarls will put out notices in taverns and inns, for instance, about a local bandit camp or giant or dragon that needs to be put down. The Greybeards have their own Radiant quest to find Word Walls for you to learn Shouts from.
Old 2013-01-05, 20:53   Link #3584
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I don't care for radiant quests, anything that is repetitive I do not do. The gray beards quests are not real radiant quests because they point you to shouts and those are not infinite.

So again, the question is how many quests (not repetitive ones) does this game have? just an estimate?
Old 2013-01-05, 21:16   Link #3585
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's well over a hundred non-repeatable Radiant quests (some use the Radiant mechanics for random placement without being repeatable) in Skyrim alone, not counting Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn's quests.
Old 2013-01-05, 21:30   Link #3586
sa547
*Author

In the vanilla game alone there are 244 quests, and then Dawnguard adds 39. The thing about radiant quests is that they try to add variety and lifespan to the game, as well as providing opportunities to gain skill points.

Otherwise there are mods that also try to expand further by providing new areas to explore and quests to follow (i.e. Moonpaths to Elsweyr).
Old 2013-01-06, 00:06   Link #3587
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

How do you buy land with Hearthfire? I started a new game and have yet to become a Jarl of White Run. Do you have to be a Jarl of a region before given the chance to buy land for a house?
Old 2013-01-06, 00:18   Link #3588
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Gotta be Thane of Falkreath, Hjaalmarch, or The Pale to buy the plot of land from the Jarl.
Old 2013-01-06, 02:21   Link #3589
cronnoponno

In my opinion, Skyrims main quest is not that good at all. Alduin is a very boring villain, basically ''HURR DURR I'M A DRAGON THAT'S WHY'', I also don't like how they forced a title on the main character. Near the start of the game, you're immediate thrust into the position of Dragonborn ''You're this guy, but you can be who you want....but...you know...you're dragonborn''. Having ''the chosen one'' dumped on you in a role playing game really limits the way you roleplay, and forces severe ignorance to the storyline in order to make any unique roleplay.

Now I know Oblivion kinda hinted that you were chosen by the gods to kick evils ass, and in Morrowind you were also given a chosen-one path, but at least in Oblivion they kept the blathering about it to a minimum, the only reason most of the quests in Skyrim feel good to me at all(besides the main) is because they don't talk about you being a dragonborn.

I was just.....really disappointed at the main quest in Skyrim, and the whole idea of them using the dragon shouts and dragonborn title. I know everyone is fine with being a bad character despite having the dragonborn title thrown on them because the greybeards said ''well dragonborn is an exception! Teehee!'' but it just...bleh...

I really like Skyrim I really do, but I really dislike the main quest,
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 03:22   Link #3590
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There are a few mods that remove the main quest (you start off in other places) or leave it turned off unless you trigger it on purpose.

And I have to agree, I've had several play throughs where it simply didn't make sense for the character to complete or participate in the main quest.
Old 2013-01-06, 05:12   Link #3591
sa547
*Author

@crono: if you want to, you could just role-play and disregard the main quest; I played all the other quests before dealing with the last job of just turning Alduin into ink.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:28   Link #3592
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
How do you buy land with Hearthfire? I started a new game and have yet to become a Jarl of White Run. Do you have to be a Jarl of a region before given the chance to buy land for a house?
When I became Jarl of Whiterun some random dude gave me a letter. Maybe you do.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:47   Link #3593
sa547
*Author

Also, to qualify as Thane one has to accomplish three small quests for the village folks, and a hold quest to finish on behalf of the Jarl.
Old 2013-01-07, 20:04   Link #3594
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's "Thane", guys, like me and sa547 already said. You can't become the Jarl. ._.
Old 2013-01-08, 00:27   Link #3595
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to say this so hear me out. I've got the full six pieces of wear (Armor, Boots, Gauntlets, Helmet, Necklace, and Ring) with two enchantments a piece but occasionally the armor rating drops. It reads 608 on the screen but amount of physical damage I take is much higher than it should be. I confirmed the armor drop in the Active Effects; only the Gauntlets and Boots were showing and any place where the Armor, Helmet, Necklace, and Ring had the same enchantments only showed the Necklace and Ring.

Gauntlets--enchantment 1, enchantment 2.
Boots--enchantment 3, enchantment 2.
Armor, Helmet, Necklace, Ring--enchantment 4, enchantment 5.

I found that the way to fix this was to completely remove the apparel from the character, pick it up, and re-equip. The amount of physical damage I take goes back to being true to the 608 armor rating. But this is impractical during fights and such. Is there a permanent fix for this?

I'm asking for a permanent fix because the amount of physical damage I'm taking randomly increases thus tipping me off to this glitch.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 12:12   Link #3596
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's "Thane", guys, like me and sa547 already said. You can't become the Jarl. ._.
I'm a Jarl...

I hope the new armour's in the DLC are a actual upgrade to my Daedric armour for my fighter. If not ill be starting a new character or use my thief to run through the DLC missions.
Old 2013-01-08, 13:05   Link #3597
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I have been trying to find the Dark brotherhood guild for a long time now. After some googling I found out that the quest Innocence Lost is the gateway to joining it. The problem is that I completed that quest a very long time ago and was never contacted by them. I guess I bugged the quest because I ordered my follower to kill the old lady. I didn't want to get my hands dirty.

So is there anything I can do to fix this issue?
Old 2013-01-08, 13:37   Link #3598
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
I have been trying to find the Dark brotherhood guild for a long time now. After some googling I found out that the quest Innocence Lost is the gateway to joining it. The problem is that I completed that quest a very long time ago and was never contacted by them. I guess I bugged the quest because I ordered my follower to kill the old lady. I didn't want to get my hands dirty.

Did you go meet the boy again? Not sure if it matters, but I believe the quest triggers when u collect the award from the boy's Windhelm then go zzzz.

I didn't like Astrid order me around (Plus, I was target of a DB hit), so I proceed to butcher her, then proceed to "purify" their Hideout.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 13:41   Link #3599
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
I'm a Jarl...

I hope the new armour's in the DLC are a actual upgrade to my Daedric armour for my fighter. If not ill be starting a new character or use my thief to run through the DLC missions.
None of the new armors provide a base defense higher than Dragonscale and Daedric, IIRC, though the Deathbrand armor gets more powerful with the more you wear.

If you're tired of Daedric, you can always pick up some nifty Dragon Knight Armor. :k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post

I dunno. If you're using the PC version of the game, you'll want to pick up the Unofficial Skyrim Patch to avoid issues in the future. If you're using the Xbox or PS3 version, you're pretty much forced to reload to a point before you completed the quest and try again.

To begin With Friends Like These, you're supposed to get a note from a Courier. Have you gotten anything like that?
Old 2013-01-08, 14:03   Link #3600
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Did you go meet the boy again? Not sure if it matters, but I believe the quest triggers when u collect the award from the boy's Windhelm then go zzzz.

I didn't like Astrid order me around (Plus, I was target of a DB hit), so I proceed to butcher her, then proceed to "purify" their Hideout.
I did go back to the boy and got a Plate worth 100g as a reward. I was like level 20 at the time of the quest completion. Now I am level 46 with full Dragon armor and weapon gear... So yeah, I have slept many times already and nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

I dunno. If you're using the PC version of the game, you'll want to pick up the Unofficial Skyrim Patch to avoid issues in the future. If you're using the Xbox or PS3 version, you're pretty much forced to reload to a point before you completed the quest and try again.

To begin With Friends Like These, you're supposed to get a note from a Courier. Have you gotten anything like that?
Nada. I am playing the PC version. Could it be that if your follower kills the old hag and not you the quest bugs out? Any possible fix?

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim