AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-20, 21:28   Link #21
Monkey D. Luffy

I've been waiting for this series for a while, I liked the trailers and the whole premise seems very intresting.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 09:20   Link #22
wao
OK.

Count me in, I'm interested purely based on the concept. I don't care much for the animation studio and I don't guess the presentation will be anything particularly great, but I hope it turns out worth watching? The premise is unusual and quirky enough... also, Nobuyuki Hiyama as the main character! That guy is crazy, he can do wildly varying roles from Madarame (Genshiken) to Airs Blue (Ryvius) to Chenshin (Planetes) to Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
There's also Akira Tomisaka (Kate! From Red Garden!), amd Tokuyoshi Kawashima (William from Emma).

If the animated adaptation fails I can always read the manga, I guess.
Old 2007-06-22, 14:16   Link #23
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
I'm all for getting this show subbed. Like I mentioned before I have 5 pages of the manga translated and intend to do more. I might be a little on the slow side due to my small kanji base but i'm a super huge train geek so this show would be super fun.

Things might not happen immediately cos some unexpected school bakaness has cropped up but I'm definitely gonna do it.

Wao - I'd appreciate some assistance as a TL check/QC if you're interested?...

-gumbaloom
PS - Trapp 5 is translated btw and handed off for processing
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 04:55   Link #24
wao
OK.

That's nice to see that we're getting a train geek to work on a show that's requires one for good subbing I really wonder what it'll end up like though, I hope it doesn't go overboard on the train-geekiness and details; it had better flesh out the human side of it and do a good job on the backgrounds (especially if they're going to obscure stations).

As for QCing - unfortunately, I'll have to decline that since I'll be going back to school (grumble) and will be burdened with a lot more work even if I choose to ignore more than half of it (grumble again).
Also, my Japanese really does suck too much these days

You sure like advertising Trapp though, don't you
Old 2007-06-24, 18:36   Link #25
Sakuya
*Artist

It should've aired by now? Anyone seen any screencaps around?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 22:30   Link #26
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Yeah its aired but cos it's niche market getting raws has been a little on the difficult side.

I've literally *just* scanned through ep 1 now. For those who've got the manga episode 1 is more or less a direction implementation of Chapter 1 - Visiting all the Stops on the Kururi line. (and it's funny s**t)

-gumbaloom
Old 2007-06-25, 23:07   Link #27
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
It should've aired by now? Anyone seen any screencaps around?
Here you are.
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=153

I wasn't overly impressed, but I'm not much of a slice-of-life fan anyway, so YMMV.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 03:05   Link #28
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Count me in, I'm interested purely based on the concept. I don't care much for the animation studio and I don't guess the presentation will be anything particularly great, but I hope it turns out worth watching? The premise is unusual and quirky enough... also, Nobuyuki Hiyama as the main character! That guy is crazy, he can do wildly varying roles from Madarame (Genshiken) to Airs Blue (Ryvius) to Chenshin (Planetes) to Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
There's also Akira Tomisaka (Kate! From Red Garden!), amd Tokuyoshi Kawashima (William from Emma).

If the animated adaptation fails I can always read the manga, I guess.
That's crazy because usually I picture Nobuyuki Hiyama screaming his head of with "BROKEN MAGANEMU" or "YUUUUUUUSHAAAAAAAAAA!". He can do this though because I've seen him do quiet guy roles be not Viral, Guy Shishioh or what have you. The thing is now I picture his character sounding slightly evil.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 18:57   Link #29
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Let me tell you something, my JLPT level 2 exam was passed mainly based on my train geekness, nah, I'm a train guru[fully understands how nuts and bolts works] know.

I'd set my standards on this show at the extreme, from sound to insider knowledges. Route knowledge to objects detail.

Should this show doesn't go overboard with geekness, the manga won't be that suscessful.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 01:51   Link #30
PU-36PlotDevice
Angel's Egg

Eps 1 seemed pretty focused on introducing the characters and general show concept, so I wasn't expecting much more than what it delivered. I rather enjoyed it, perhaps more because of knowing that it was based on real experiences. But then, I like slice of life anime to begin with.

I did find it rather amusing just how openly the mangaka expressed her thoughts about the other characters, as if there was no way that either of them would read later and know what she was actually thinking about them. Or how open she was in chronicling their actions.

Spoiler for Eps 1 dialog:

Judging from the manga review linked in the OP, I don't really expect the action to pick up much later on, but I still look forward to watching future episodes.

Last edited by PU-36PlotDevice; 2007-06-28 at 01:54. Reason: Obsessive over grammar
PU-36PlotDevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 05:26   Link #31
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

I can second those sentiments. If you expect hi octaine action, pretty girls, magic, drama or such like DONT WATCH THIS SHOW.

Pretty much the way each episode is gonna work is they go on a trip and see mundane train geeky stuff (I've got the manga so I know whats coming). This is a show for those who like slow slice of life and prefer to take enjoyment out of watching interpersonal reactions between some very unique characters.

Theres not gonna be any train robberies, shoot outs, hostage dramas or such like so pleae don't watch the series expecting as such.

-gumbaloom
Old 2007-06-30, 06:48   Link #32
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Unusual stuff that doesn't fit into a box always has my attention. I'll be waiting patiently for fansubs ...
Old 2007-06-30, 14:12   Link #33
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Spoiler for ep1:

I'll love to see how will the fansub group going to handle the rail fan jargons......
(Mistakes upon those hardcore train geek like me* will receives a total treatment, flame wars at best......[j/k])

*: My bad, I didn't explain detail enough that, I am majored in Japan rail and assisted in the shadow on a few technical elementary books on railway about Japan in HK.
[A real train geek must have his/her major department like photo, riding, BGM recording, history, operational, mechanics, etc. Some people like me combines them together to a location, in my case that is Japan]

If any help are needed, I'll let a hand just for this show.
Old 2007-06-30, 14:35   Link #34
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Well, who knows. But I love the Japanese trains and the link in the first post makes this sound very attractive and unusual. The train otaku in the story was the first guy ever to visit all 4,636 JR stations (completed in 1995).

I remember once asking the stationmaster in a small end-of-route station some route info and our conversation lasting a few seconds past the train's scheduled departure time, and seeing the guy who was to signal the train's departure getting antsier and antsier as the seconds passed. Love it.
I hate to do lectures but your action is not consider good from the point of our general train geek so-called "code of conduct": You don't bother the normal operations at the time of departure.[for rural line that is]
Especially in Japan, where punctuality is their trademark. [The average delay in Tokaido Shinkansen is 0.6 minutes per year FYI.]
Old 2007-07-01, 19:46   Link #35
erinchan

Send a message via AIM to erinchan
I noticed the raws are up for this... has any group picked it up yet?
erinchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 22:22   Link #36
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinchan View Post
I noticed the raws are up for this... has any group picked it up yet?
Andrew's Wiki has put down L-E for subbing this but it's not certain. And I think gumbaloom has mentioned above something about wanting to sub this?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 18:51   Link #37
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-05, 02:41   Link #38
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Tsubie
Now I get why someone thought I'd 'interfere' and decided to go nasty with me.... assuming I'd butt in and do shit. >> (whereas I'd rather prefer staying like totally away from this thing) Sure I love Japanese trains, but I am no train geek.

/me stabs gumba... stop assuming things baka.

Well, I am not planning to watch it. However, I tend to watch at least one ep of this geek's subs so I shall watch episode 1. I am sure it's a good series if gumb likes it, just that I tend to pick new shows only in the fall or winter.
Old 2007-07-10, 13:37   Link #39
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Now, let's get it straight.
Since Japanese call train spotter/train lover/train geek with "Tetsu". I suggest we will use "tetsu" for the rest of the discussions.

Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2007-07-11, 07:32   Link #40
Dop
Mmmm....

I watched the raw for episode 1. I figured while I might not understand most of the dialogue apart from the odd bit here and there, it might be interesting in lieu of a subbed version.

I hope it gets picked up, even if only as a back-burner project with the odd release now and then, as if it was that amusing when I don't understand most of what people are saying, how much better would it be with subs!?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote