AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-11-05, 21:26   Link #1101
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I created it. I asked something to Manju and he/she replied that :

So, if/when we want to change the Title, I will ask it her/him

The club > http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=170

I tried to write a good description to avoid some mistakes. If it's not good >o<, just tell me
ahahaha, the images in the group are screens from episode 6 XD

Tomorrow I was looking for ToA cosplays and found something interesting:

Spoiler:

Well, now it's time for my magic.

Episode 6 free gifs. This time all gifs are As safe:

Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 21:26   Link #1102
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think the title is solid . Information is good and definitely lays out the purpose of the club. All that's left is getting the people in. Good mention of Deathkillz's work on the series since its always fun to read. If your planning on adding a few blogs to the links list I fully give permission to use what I've done on the series .
AnimeHistory is a very nice place. On it, I also loved to read Code Geass Kaio's articles there. I miss them . I was used to go read them every week ^^

I read your articles and I added your link. As I said in the description, you do a great work with the images before writting your impressions. Good Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post

Spoiler:

Well, now it's time for my magic.

Episode 6 free gifs. This time all gifs are As safe:
Nice cosplay! Can I add the photos to the club gallery, please?

And nice avatars. Gonna rep you if I can
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 01:08   Link #1103
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

gunununununununu......nununununu (out of breath..)
oh whatever.. Looks mightily nice as av :x .. Need resized tho
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 06:26   Link #1104
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
AnimeHistory is a very nice place. On it, I also loved to read Code Geass Kaio's articles there. I miss them . I was used to go read them every week ^^

I read your articles and I added your link. As I said in the description, you do a great work with the images before writting your impressions. Good Job

Nice cosplay! Can I add the photos to the club gallery, please?

And nice avatars. Gonna rep you if I can
thank you S2

and, it's not like the photoshop are mine, but, yes, you can XD

btw, It's ok if I add some pictures in group gallery too?@_@

Last edited by Nabiki Asakura; 2008-11-06 at 06:56.
Old 2008-11-06, 09:20   Link #1105
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Hence why I refuse to call him master >.>

Unless he has some kungfu ass kicking moves up his sleeves
Well he is called Master Ion because his title is Fon Master Ion and he is the leader of the Order of Lorelei. We have seen how the score dictate even the decisions of a nation's ruler in that King Ingobert was sending off the Tertiary heir to the throne to a potentially dangerous place based on the writings on a rock. At Ion's word he can deny a country readings of the score so he holds tremendous political power in the world.

Regardless though, Ion does have command of some extremely powerful fonic artes as we saw, it is just that his health prevents him from making use of them in battle.

Quote:
Well Mieu burned down a forest which is more than Ion has done . I know what's going on, but doesn't mean I can't poke fun at Ion anyways.
Well it is not really poking fun at Ion because he is about as dangerous as a new born puppy. It is mainly his disposition that makes him so harmless though. I mean Hypothetically speaking if say Ion had Luke's powers and the ability to control it as well as a body that is completely healthy he would still be about as harmless as a puppy because he would not use that power against someone else. That is just the way he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
I know Guy/Natalia is not the obvious pairing in this game. XD It goes to someone else/Natalia which I cannot say yet. =X But it's one of those fandom pairings like Zatara from Avatar that can be pulled off in a really creative way if done correctly. But anyways, I understand what you mean. I believe friendship can lead to love eventually. Hehe.

I see the evidence and I see how much Natalia cares for Luke in the game but it's so much more apparent when it's animated on screen I guess. They add a lot of extra scenes for Natalia which makes her even more loveable. I am one of those people who are overjoyed to find Natalia appearing in Episode 1 off the bat. It proves that she knows Luke before Tear and Anise. I can only hope they put more Natalia/Anise scenes because that was amusing.
I am just saying, that the real connection between Natalia and Guy is their relationship with Luke and the feelings they have for him. Natalia being in love with him and Guy as Luke's best friend.

Well yeah and I also think that the anime toned down Natalia's snotty attitude somewhat as well. Not that she was as aggravating as Luke's "I am more important then thou" attitude he has adopted. There are also extra scenes with Jade that I liked as well that if you know what to look for you can tell that Jade was actually showing signs of concern.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 12:17   Link #1106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well it is not really poking fun at Ion because he is about as dangerous as a new born puppy. It is mainly his disposition that makes him so harmless though. I mean Hypothetically speaking if say Ion had Luke's powers and the ability to control it as well as a body that is completely healthy he would still be about as harmless as a puppy because he would not use that power against someone else. That is just the way he is.
True that with that disposition might as well not give him too much power. Since then he'd have to deal with people making a fuss about him not using his power when he could. But yeah I think the newborn puppy is a good way to describe Ion. Though if he had a healthy body and thus able to use that power effectively he may have turned out differently personality wise.
Old 2008-11-06, 12:20   Link #1107
LKK

Has it been mentioned in the anime that Ion has an unhealthy body? If it has, then I missed that point.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 12:26   Link #1108
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Has it been mentioned in the anime that Ion has an unhealthy body? If it has, then I missed that point.
Spoiler for Ep 2:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 13:09   Link #1109
yolin.shana

Quote:
Well yeah and I also think that the anime toned down Natalia's snotty attitude somewhat as well.
Really? I found it worse than in the game tbh...
Oh well, she doesn't stay that way for long anyway.
yolin.shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 13:15   Link #1110
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post

gunununununununu......nununununu (out of breath..)
oh whatever.. Looks mightily nice as av :x .. Need resized tho
thank you for post these images, I'll make avatars so =D/

here:

Last edited by Nabiki Asakura; 2008-11-06 at 13:29.
Old 2008-11-06, 13:47   Link #1111
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
True that with that disposition might as well not give him too much power. Since then he'd have to deal with people making a fuss about him not using his power when he could. But yeah I think the newborn puppy is a good way to describe Ion. Though if he had a healthy body and thus able to use that power effectively he may have turned out differently personality wise.
Well Ion does wield tremendous power as the leader of the Order of Lorelei. Not pure physical power but more of a political kind but it is still a huge power that he does not excerise a whole lot of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolin.shana View Post
Really? I found it worse than in the game tbh...
Oh well, she doesn't stay that way for long anyway.
Well in the game we really do not see much more about her character until later where as in the anime we see more of her feelings towards Luke and it does help to soften that whole princess attitude she has.
Old 2008-11-06, 14:16   Link #1112
Darkurai

Ion's inability to be useful is not due to health, it's due to flat-out not having the strength. It's comparable to the difference between being bed-ridden with the flu and not having enough iron in your diet (which causes exhaustion at an increased rate).

Simply put, Ion is a political leader; not a war general. His high political standing allows him to use powerful spells such as the Daathic Fonic Artes seen in episode 2, but he simply isn't strong enough to use them without consequence.
Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 14:59   Link #1113
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Spoiler for Ep 2:
Thank you. I don't remember the scene but I probably noted it at the time. And then promptly forgot about it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 15:50   Link #1114
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
btw, It's ok if I add some pictures in group gallery too?@_@
Why asking! Of course it's ok!
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 16:55   Link #1115
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkurai View Post
Ion's inability to be useful is not due to health, it's due to flat-out not having the strength. It's comparable to the difference between being bed-ridden with the flu and not having enough iron in your diet (which causes exhaustion at an increased rate).

Simply put, Ion is a political leader; not a war general. His high political standing allows him to use powerful spells such as the Daathic Fonic Artes seen in episode 2, but he simply isn't strong enough to use them without consequence.
I know that Ion is mainly a political and symbolic leader and that is where his main strength lies, which was pointed out already. We were talking in a hypothetical sense that had Ion been able to use a great power freely he still would not because his personality is one where he is completely harmless.
Old 2008-11-06, 17:21   Link #1116
dubber

Quote:

Spoiler:

Is that Anise or Arietta in those pics? Very nice cosplay!
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 18:14   Link #1117
kujoe
from head to heel

That's Anise.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 18:31   Link #1118
dubber

Ah, thanks! My eyes are failing me! XD
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 18:39   Link #1119
Darkurai

Quote:
I know that Ion is mainly a political and symbolic leader and that is where his main strength lies, which was pointed out already. We were talking in a hypothetical sense that had Ion been able to use a great power freely he still would not because his personality is one where he is completely harmless.
I was more responding to sentiments like this. I should've been more specific. And maybe I should stop being so late to the conversation.
Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 18:45   Link #1120
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Though on the positive he might be able to avoid getting kidnapped all the time . One thing trying to kidnap someone who appears helpless another to kidnap someone that you know can back it up. Even if anyone that knows him would admit he probably wouldn't do much. But in the end he's just the guy who is helping to get things going by getting captured.

Since I forgot to I'll now give Largo some credit for surviving getting impaled . All they need is to spring Arietta from the cage and they'll be back in full force. Though since we haven't seen her in a while they might have already gotten her out of there.

Tags
fantasy