AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 21:18   Link #101
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i really like this show. dem bishies... i couldn't help but think, if this was real life, she probably would have been gang raped and killed by now.. but hey, its a show. its like an anti-Kenshin. i approve.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 03:06   Link #102
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm in the middle of making a characters/seiyuus page for this show, and I've uploaded the partially finished page. I'm not sure when I will be able to finish it and make a blog post for it.

I've at least got all the main characters' pics and seiyuus' names there, so maybe it can be of use in identifying the various characters. The images of the characters are from the official site.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:50   Link #103
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Ok I think that Chizuru's love interest will be Saito-kun...Although if I was in her place I would be in huuuuge dilemma....
Old 2010-04-09, 07:58   Link #104
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it has to be Saito. look how cool and distant he acts. and plus, he's SAITO. he basically wins by default. he even faces off with Kenshin in the op!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-09, 12:24   Link #105
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm going to go for the obvious and say it'll be Hijikata. He seems to be the main male lead.
Old 2010-04-09, 13:41   Link #106
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

upon further analysis, it seems that Saito is not the main character and it is indeed Hijikata who is facing off with Kenshin in the OP. he has white hair though, indicator of a powerup?

Old 2010-04-09, 13:53   Link #107
Amalia

naaaahhhh I think that Saito will be the one...For some reason Hijikata seems like a brother figure to me for Saito and Chizuru both...
On the other hand Saito seems closer to her age and he is a little too distant...The silent force... Plus I like him better hihihi
Old 2010-04-09, 14:15   Link #108
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think it will be Hijikata, who was more or less appointed her guardian, but this image and these lines from ep1 sure give prominence to Saitou Hijikata:

"I was shocked by his hair rippling out in the wind and the snowflakes fluttering down in the moonlight. It was like cherry blossoms falling out of season."

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-04-09 at 16:45.
Old 2010-04-09, 15:21   Link #109
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^But... that's Hijikata you're refering to here
I feel like the huge amount of bishies is confusing everyone. Personally, I mainly remember Kondo, Hijikata and Okita because I kept thinking about their Gintama counterpart. The others... not so much. The characters/seiyuus page helps a lot, thanks.

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-04-09 at 15:35.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 15:34   Link #110
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Is Saito the guy who looks like a captain from bleach? If so oi thought he was the main character at first.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 15:46   Link #111
Amalia

Saito is the guy that killed the "fallen soldier" in the beginning and Okita told him that he doesn't think twice before pulling his sword out....Other than that if Saito isn't a love interest what the heck is that???????

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-09, 15:55   Link #112
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Is Saito the guy who looks like a captain from bleach? If so oi thought he was the main character at first.
I didn't really notice anyone looking like a Bleach captain. Look at the character page posted above, it should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
Saito is the guy that killed the "fallen soldier" in the beginning and Okita told him that he doesn't think twice before pulling his sword out....Other than that if Saito isn't a love interest what the heck is that???????

Spoiler:
I'm quite sure you can find a smiliar CG for a lot of the guys in the game

I didn't see much flag raised for Saito in the first anime episode. To me, everything seems to point to Hijikata, but I'm no reverse harem expert so...
Old 2010-04-09, 16:00   Link #113
Amalia

Lol ok...besides I guess it's a bit early to have a headache for the heroine's love interest. Although I liked Saito ( I have a thing for the silent cool type )
Old 2010-04-09, 16:04   Link #114
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think it will be Hijikata, who was more or less appointed her guardian, but this image and these lines from ep1 sure give prominence to Saitou:

"I was shocked by his hair rippling out in the wind and the snowflakes fluttering down in the moonlight. It was like cherry blossoms falling out of season."

That's Hijikata. Saito has his ponytail lower and to the side/front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post

Spoiler:
There's a picture like that with each guy, even with Heisuke (the youngest guy) - it's an image from the Otome game. They're all going to be her love interest...if this follows anything like the game. But it may not because the OP seems to focus more on Hijikata, who is the main male character. I think the three main guys are Hijikata, Okita and Saito - that's why they're the only ones shown to face off with a rival in the OP, if I recall correctly.

Hmm, seems like I'm remembering their names faster than I expected...that must be an indication of something.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 16:09   Link #115
Amalia

Yeah I remember their names too...Maybe this series will go well this season, otherwise I wouldn't recall a thing...hehehe
Old 2010-04-09, 16:30   Link #116
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

LOL @ everyone not being able to keep the guys straight -- it is really hard, but KC, your page helps a lot, thank you!

In the Otome guy, is Chi voiced? There seems to be a bad trend of not having the main female characters voiced, for some reason. :/

I have to go with Hajikata as the main love interest (though I think PS is on point about all of them being her love interest -- what would be the point of a RH otherwise? hah.)-- he's the one that ends the OP and the one who grasps a slender female hand in the OP, a hand I assume to be Chi's.

Can't wait to see the second episode! Love all the voices, so darn sexy!
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 16:38   Link #117
Amalia

I;m not sure that his hand is the one in the OP but anyway, we'll wait and see...Let's enjoy the bishie feast for now!!!!
Old 2010-04-09, 16:42   Link #118
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Now I'm confused. I thought it was Hijikata from the start, just by the face, then got distracted by the fact that Saitou had done the deeds...and forgot that Hijikata came by afterward to organize things. That's Hijikata in the moonlight snowflakes picture, as the people with eyes are telling me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka
In the Otome guy, is Chi voiced? There seems to be a bad trend of not having the main female characters voiced, for some reason. :/
Isn't that the same in games for guys, with the guy not voiced?

Episode 2 airs Saturday night, Japan time (afternoon in Europe, morning in NAmerica).
Old 2010-04-09, 16:42   Link #119
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Hmmm, you maybe be right, I guess I just assumed it was Hiji's hand because he was the one they showed prior to that scene -- but I guess they left it indistinguishable for a reason, lol.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 16:46   Link #120
Amalia

Hahahaha OKAY I think that all the bishonen got us there... Yeah, Saito was the one that did the killing with Seiji and then Hijikata showed up and told them to clear the mess... Oh well, everyone is charming, what can I say?

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi