AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-09, 08:17   Link #201
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsamaru View Post
I already know about Jbox-Jlist and Mangagamer. Those sites specialize in english translated japanese eroge which I already played the original japanese version for anyway.
Actually j-list does sell Japanese eroge, but not the Japanese version of the games they distribute in English
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 19:34   Link #202
Tetsamaru
Apiring Manga-ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Actually j-list does sell Japanese eroge, but not the Japanese version of the games they distribute in English
Fair enough, i should have mentioned that as well. The problem is that the selection of what they do have is downright pitiful.

Man I miss Himeya and Nippon-Export. They get everything that japan gets at the same time. And if they happen to miss something, I can always just ask them and they get it for me at no extra charge.

J-list for the most part keeps it's selection to games they have an idea on what might actually sell. J-list(and whatever partner sites they have) don't also have a large back-log of Eroge either.
Tetsamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 16:13   Link #203
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Fair enough, i should have mentioned that as well. The problem is that the selection of what they do have is downright pitiful.

Man I miss Himeya and Nippon-Export. They get everything that japan gets at the same time. And if they happen to miss something, I can always just ask them and they get it for me at no extra charge.

J-list for the most part keeps it's selection to games they have an idea on what might actually sell. J-list(and whatever partner sites they have) don't also have a large back-log of Eroge either.
I'm having the same problem. Since Himeya went out of business(Didn't they go under due to the increase in Yen or something?) I've been screwed when it comes to purchasing Ero-games and I've been trying to find an alternative ever since but I've had no luck....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 22:25   Link #204
Tetsamaru
Apiring Manga-ka

After all this time, i find it highly ironic that I'm now able to buy Doujin's with ease but I can't find a website to buy physical copies of Visual Novels/Eroge that will ship outside of Japan.

I have like 3-4 websites bookmarked just for Doujin merchandise, what the hell?

Nippon-Export.....please get out of server maintenance!!!!

DLsite is almost perfect, except it's for downloads, and I want the physical disc and box. A hard-drive of Data doesn't look as nice as a shelf of games.
Tetsamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 12:03   Link #205
Blanchimont

Quote:
After all this time, i find it highly ironic that I'm now able to buy Doujin's with ease but I can't find a website to buy physical copies of Visual Novels/Eroge that will ship outside of Japan.

I have like 3-4 websites bookmarked just for Doujin merchandise, what the hell?

Nippon-Export.....please get out of server maintenance!!!!

DLsite is almost perfect, except it's for downloads, and I want the physical disc and box. A hard-drive of Data doesn't look as nice as a shelf of games.
Shopping service (middle-man) perhaps? Like http://www.fdjp.com/ ?

Of course, that would be somewhat akin to taking a sledgehammer to solve the problem. And you'd still have to do some searching for the items in question yourself.
But at least you'd not be restricted only to companies exporting from Japan...
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 21:45   Link #206
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Sheesh, this is getting so hard i actually need to ask for help.

Anyone know of any more online websites that sell Japanese Eroge?

I already know about Jbox-Jlist and Mangagamer. Those sites specialize in english translated japanese eroge which I already played the original japanese version for anyway.

I'm running out of places to buy raw Japanese Eroge.

Himeyashop(bless them) is out of business.
Nippon-export seems to be on some maintenance FOREVER.
Palet-web is more for just Doujin games
PlayAsia and other websites that import games only import console games not PC games.

I can't believe i'm out of options here.
I suppose there is http://www.dlsite.com but I prefer physical copies of my games, not just data.
Err try the game maker's site + a shipping company to act as a courier?
Old 2012-05-23, 16:52   Link #207
Naoko Thunder

Tetsamaru, never fear - I am here to help and I'm in a similar position to you.

I used to have a friend in Japan who would send me eroge, but I don't talk to him much anymore. In that time, the laws in the UK have changed and depending on the content of the games you import (And how nasty or nice they are feeling at customs) they can now apparently put you on a watchlist as they see fit.

I think we all know which games those are, but it would be troublesome to have to take the time to explain the misunderstanding to customs that your vanilla eroge/VN/(Heck, even an all ages game) is not breaking any laws, so let's save them some time.

Anything shipped by EMS will almost always get stopped by customs; meaning they peek inside the box, and you have to pay extra for it. Use SAL. Preferably SAL small package; and if possible, arrange for it to be marked as a "gift package" with a value marked as no more than 7000 yen. Granted, I have shipped more expensive non-gift packages with SAL that haven't been stopped by customs - in fact nothing I've shipped with SAL has ever been stopped by customs. But if you want to take the extra precautions, that's the way to go.

I haven't shipped an eroge since the law change, however. These are the places I know you can get eroge into the UK from:

www.amiami.com - You have to go to the 18+ area of their site and click "yes" before the site search bar will return eroge, I don't know if they ship eroge with SAL but I believe they can be contacted to arrange it if not. They frequently update with the latest eroge/VNs and even take pre-orders with the preorder bonuses. I have a feeling these guys will be the most reliable bet, I'll be doing a few test runs of their service when I get some money to do so - I'll report back on my experience.

Ebay - There are a few sellers which sell eroge for a VERY high prince (£200 per game in some cases, normally about £120 per game). The good part of this however is that it's easy to arrange SAL shipping and it'll almost certainly get through customs alright.

Mandarake - These guys basically sell pre-owned anime merchandise from Japan so they have lots of old titles (and figures and everything). Their quality standards are very high and when they say "box damaged" they normally mean a small dent or something similar. You will have to search in Japanese to get what you want but the site is english. In the comments box make sure you say "Only ship with SAL" and "Cancel my order if SAL is unavailable". They may ship with EMS if you don't specify this and that could be disasterous. You can get things very cheaply from them, however.

That covers most angles, proxy services almost always use EMS so I wouldn't risk using those. The best alternative is to get a friend in Japan really, even better if they live in Tokyo because they can buy from places that give you store bonuses which is great if you really love a particular game franchise.

If you're NOT looking for eroge and instead want to buy normal Visual Novels then you have it easy - Amiami will do exactly what you need and places like Play-Asia and Yes-Asia will do the console games with no problems. As for the rest, I'm still scouting more information and asking around, so I'll report back if I find anything interesting.

EDIT: I just got an email from amiami.com - They will ship eroge to the UK and most games will fit into a SAL small package box. This means that they stand as much chance of being stopped by customs as any SAL small package from Hobby Link Japan to the UK. If you don't know, SAL Small Package is bigger than the name suggests, the last SAL small package I got from HLJ was a Dakimakura inside a box of the following dimensions:

Depth: 11cm
Width: 27cm
Height: 39cm

The value was marked as "merchandise" instead of a "gift" package and the written value was 6,800 JPY. This got through customs fine. Despite being a dakimakura, the listed contents were "Scale model assembly kits". If you buy an eroge from amiami I believe it will be marked as "PC Soft" or "Game Soft".

So, in conclusion. AmiAmi SHOULD be fine for getting relatively recent games. For older titles, go for Mandarake and ask them for SAL small package, their stock changes hourly so be sure to keep checking back and buy quickly as stuff can get sold out within minutes. I looked into the law a little bit more, anything with sexual abuse of children or hard bondage (and fisting apparently) will get you into trouble if you caught shipping it in; I'd say it's mainly nukige that has that kind of stuff as opposed to eroge. I have no interest in nukige so I can't really help you with that.

Last edited by Naoko Thunder; 2012-05-25 at 13:09. Reason: More information added
Naoko Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 23:46   Link #208
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Question for anyone here:

Anybody got experience with proxy services with you ordering via Amazon Japan?

And by this, I mean with a place called Big in Japan.
Old 2012-08-14, 18:14   Link #209
RivalNightmare

Been searching for the Umineko's for half a year... Ep. 4 is always out of stock. Is there anywhere you can buy this game?... Hane would be nice to find too...

Argh, I just want the entire collection but Ep. 4 is impossible to find in stock (got a digital version)

Normally people would probably be satisfied with a digital version, but I'm not, I want that case in my shelf. (I'm a collector). Can anyone be nice and help me here? D:

EDIT: Err, okay found something on Mandarake, apparently it's a storefront item at Nagoya, but when I order it I just get an error... why?

Last edited by RivalNightmare; 2012-08-14 at 18:46.
RivalNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 11:31   Link #210
Kakuseiga
Vocaloid & Touhou fan <3

http://www.play-asia.com/

http://www.nin-nin-game.com/

http://www.amiami.com/

http://gameonegadget.multiply.com/ ( especially for pinoys out there )

http://www.facebook.com/hubbytetoystore ( especially for pinoys out there )
Old 2013-01-14, 20:28   Link #211
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I need a bit of help. Does anyone know how i can get a copy of Dissidia 012 Chinese version (NOT "asia" version and NOT Japanease version)? Because that version has Japanese voice with english text xD

In play-asia.com it is sold out already.

http://www.play-asia.com/Dissidia_01...n-70-45e0.html
Old 2013-01-20, 02:58   Link #212
Kudryavka

Wow Himeya Shop is gone? That's a shame, now who going to help?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 16:03   Link #213
justsomeguy

Does anybody know what's up with Paletweb and when they expect to be back? This message is on their site:
"For customers.
Sorry, Paletweb has suspended operations temporarily now.
Thank you for your visit.
However, we have suspended business temporarily.
We will strive to be able to resume business as soon as possible.
Sorry for your inconvenience."

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 08:00   Link #214
walkofshane

I always get my games, books and CDs via
http://www.play-asia.com/
http://www.amiami.com/
www.amazon.com
www.amazon.co.jp
www.cdjapan.co.jp
walkofshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 14:31   Link #215
Haiprbim
Banned

Muller is a good place to buy games in if you live in Central Europe.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 15:36   Link #216
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I've noticed that play asia is overpriced compared to the rest.
Old 2013-07-05, 05:01   Link #217
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Muller is a good place to buy games in if you live in Central Europe.
Are you talking about this site? If so, how do you even navigate that thing?
Old 2013-07-05, 06:22   Link #218
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Are you talking about this site? If so, how do you even navigate that thing?
Yeah, that's the German version of it.
What do you mean by navigate? I don't know about their websites, but their shops are quite cool.
Old 2013-07-05, 18:12   Link #219
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

For instance, I can't find an overview of the video games that Müller currently has. It only shows the most popular CDs and DVDs.
Old 2013-07-06, 18:55   Link #220
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
For instance, I can't find an overview of the video games that Müller currently has. It only shows the most popular CDs and DVDs.
As I've said, I do not know about the website, but the inside of the shop is filled and amazing - there are a lot of games.