AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-05-09, 15:23   Link #41
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
It is also important to note that IQ tests administered online might have different results (like you said, they are higher than normal). This is obvious because not everyone in a normal population has internet access. It is likely that low-IQ or mentally handicapped people don't have access to the net. As such, the population captured by online tests are not necessarily representative of the general population..
You know I never saw it on that perspective, or rather it never corss mi mind this part, I can say that then your reasoning has a weight, and makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Finally, while tests ARE holistic in the sense that you mention, it doesn't change the fact that emotional factors are a major factor in cognition. Your prefrontal cortex not only regulates higher-level thought like planning, it also regulates your emotions. Anger, depression, and polar-opposites like happiness have been found to affect thinking. I'm not sure what you're trying to make as your second point, but like I said, depression has been shown to affect IQ performance.
OK, I agree, but as I said, I see it as part of the test, because Stress and depression and other forms of mental distractions form part of the day to day capacity of handling the solving of problems, So, IMO, a person under stress could give you a more accurate number rather than a person that’s prepare to take the test.
Old 2006-05-09, 15:37   Link #42
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Hmph. I have my own doubts on IQ tests as well. Every year, Japan broadcasts a TV show called "Test the Nation" where people test their IQs. I've went from 113 at the low end to 167 at the high. Back in elementary school, my "official" IQ test score was 135, but when I took this test, it was at 127. Seeing such fluctations and the highly questionable matters on how these test are carried out to purport "smartness" is not what I call a measurement of intelligence. Rather, social cognitive skills and rationalizing human interaction is what I tend to perceive as being an adept person.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-09 at 16:15.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 17:13   Link #43
mistershow

Looks like I'm just a dumbass lol.
mistershow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 17:23   Link #44
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Those last 10 were hard as a B*tch...

I got a 110 with 15 mins remaining...$hit seemed like math to me, which is my worse subject; I'm an english guy...go figure...

Oooo...you guys are soooooo smaaaaart Still can't out debate my a$$ ...And can this help you in the real world? Can you get an "A" in Anthropology from guessing that dot belongs in that square?? A real IQ test would be to drop your a$$ in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina during the first powerless night and see if you can survive?? Since I LIVED thru that test I'll give myself an extra 10...

BTW Whoever got over 130 is either a liar or a scientologist....You should be like Tom Cruise level if you got those last 10 right...
Old 2006-05-09, 18:16   Link #45
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Those last 10 were hard as a B*tch...

I got a 110 with 15 mins remaining...$hit seemed like math to me, which is my worse subject; I'm an english guy...go figure...

Oooo...you guys are soooooo smaaaaart Still can't out debate my a$$ ...And can this help you in the real world? Can you get an "A" in Anthropology from guessing that dot belongs in that square?? A real IQ test would be to drop your a$$ in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina during the first powerless night and see if you can survive?? Since I LIVED thru that test I'll give myself an extra 10...

BTW Whoever got over 130 is either a liar or a scientologist....You should be like Tom Cruise level if you got those last 10 right...
I think is more a matter as what I was debating with arias, the fact that getting I high score is very common in this type of online IQ test, BTW, I'm neither A liar or a scientologist, go figure my score of 147 that I don't believe its accurate, but my real score i got from areal test was 134 or something like it.

If where are going to give points base on life tests, I should add myself 200+ points, I have live through more than 2 hurricanes, and more than 1 month without electricity and potable water, 1 erthquake, 2 near death accidents, to mention the least.
Old 2006-05-09, 18:29   Link #46
AgentXian

Send a message via AIM to AgentXian Send a message via MSN to AgentXian
Accurate or not, it was still rather interesting to take. I ended up getting 122, just above the high level, so it was an interesting little deal. I want to know which ones I missed, but that's okay.
AgentXian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 19:13   Link #47
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtyped
yo u guys are liening and u kno it
no1 got more than 100, caus thats impossib;le
No it isn't.

60 is considered the drop-off point for mental retardation, if I'm not mistaken, while 100 is considered average - so you scored slightly below average. Don't take it too seriously though, as others have pointed out it isn't a proper indicator.

And WD, I think Mr Cruise would actually score rather badly.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 19:14   Link #48
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
No it isn't.

60 is considered the drop-off point for mental retardation, if I'm not mistaken, while 100 is considered average - so you scored slightly below average. Don't take it too seriously though, as others have pointed out it isn't a proper indicator.

you said im slightyly retarted
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 19:22   Link #49
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
No, I said you scored slightly below average on this specific Internet based test.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 19:28   Link #50
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
No, I said you scored slightly below average on this specific Internet based test.
so you're saying im just stupid, but not retarted?
ima do that test again, and ima prove i not stupid T_T
Old 2006-05-09, 19:40   Link #51
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Look up untelligence, you'll feel better.

122 for me. What the hell was that last one about?
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 19:43   Link #52
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
Look up untelligence, you'll feel better.

122 for me. What the hell was that last one about?
cmon even i kno thats not a word. look up smartass (if its 1 word) and ill feel better

anyways i got 99 this time
Old 2006-05-09, 19:52   Link #53
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

http://community.sparknotes.com/untelligence/
This explains it quite nicely.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 19:53   Link #54
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Deleted...

Last edited by Shay; 2006-05-09 at 19:56. Reason: I'm leaving this alone.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 20:10   Link #55
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
http://community.sparknotes.com/untelligence/
This explains it quite nicely.
ok i took that test
and i got:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unintelligance test
Here is the custom report of your personality than led our team of geeks to conclude (with confidence) that you are a sad and hopeless excuse for an man:

" Interesting. While the subject shows a very high level of intelligence, his sense of observation is somewhat below average. We attribute this to the egotistical nature of the subject. Actually, snakes behave in the same manner, but he's smarter than any animal.

But what concerns us most about the subject is his sinister and violent attitude. While we almost find it amusing that the subject would rather kill something than suffer a minor inconvenience, it effectively destroys his ability to survive tight situations. Our study suggests there is a large chance the subject will end up in prison!

The subject is brave, however, and shows real strength in that department. Courageousness is a large part of untelligence.

Finally, the subject displayed a pathetic and useless (seriously bad) sense of humor, a nearly satanic lack of morality, and a hot-shot level of self-confidence. The balance of these three traits is important; high levels of confidence, medium levels of morality, and a good level of humor make for the strongest individuals. "

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-05-09 at 20:43.
Old 2006-05-09, 20:37   Link #56
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

I took that sparksnotes test, wahaha.

"The subject shows an astounding level of intelligence, and her sense of observation is one of her best qualities. Considering this, she shows a lot of potential, but that's only part of the equation.

Also, as much as we hate violence, an occasional mauling is one way to solve day-to-day problems like unpleasant coworkers or pesky door-to-door salesmen. She just isn't tough enough, sir, and avoids any situation that involves violence.

Finally, the subject displayed a pathetic and useless sense of humor, a down and dirty sense of morality, and a arrogant and inflated self-confidence. The balance of these three traits is important; high levels of confidence, medium levels of morality, and a good level of humor make for the strongest individuals. "
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 21:24   Link #57
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba
I took that sparksnotes test, wahaha.

"The subject shows an astounding level of intelligence, and her sense of observation is one of her best qualities. Considering this, she shows a lot of potential, but that's only part of the equation.

Also, as much as we hate violence, an occasional mauling is one way to solve day-to-day problems like unpleasant coworkers or pesky door-to-door salesmen. She just isn't tough enough, sir, and avoids any situation that involves violence.

Finally, the subject displayed a pathetic and useless sense of humor, a down and dirty sense of morality, and a arrogant and inflated self-confidence. The balance of these three traits is important; high levels of confidence, medium levels of morality, and a good level of humor make for the strongest individuals. "
u sound kewl, i jus sound lik a thug
well at lest i smart
50% unintellgent
Old 2006-05-09, 22:08   Link #58
GipFace

~

Time to change the subject and dissect the answers. Maybe we can eventually figure out every question logically. I've posted reasonings to the first 24 of 25 questions below...

Spoiler:
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 22:15   Link #59
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb

Well I was saying since Tom Cruise is really an alien from 750,000,000 million years ago that he would probably easily understand those alien symbols, especially those last 10 or so that were tuff....
Old 2006-05-09, 23:11   Link #60
GipFace

~

Questions 26-39 covered below. Fill in the missing ones if you can.

Spoiler:

(Edit: Fixed question 34 and typo in 39)

Last edited by GipFace; 2006-05-10 at 01:47.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote