AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 14 22.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 44.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 21.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-10, 17:11   Link #161
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Then the show would become some sort of Gundam Seed rip-off where the heroes are fighting against the "good" guys and against the bad guys. No thanks, I think I'll pass.
Weren't the heroes fighting against good bad guys in the previous seasons too? Doc having some iportant person as a client is pretty much granted, so it's either TSAB or Church that's involved in the conspiracy, unless they bring yet another unknown person on the scene. I'd love to see battles with a large number of human soldiers involved, more powerful mages providing fire support and cover and directing army's maneuvers (BTW at this point any plot twist may be called a rip-off of something, not to mention StrikerS had a large number of references to other series from the beginning).
Old 2007-06-10, 17:16   Link #162
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Weren't the heroes fighting against good bad guys in the previous seasons too? Doc having some iportant person as a client is pretty much granted, so it's either TSAB or Church that's involved in the conspiracy, unless they bring yet another unknown person on the scene. I'd love to see battles with a large number of human soldiers involved, more powerful mages providing fire support and cover and directing army's maneuvers (BTW at this point any plot twist may be called a rip-off of something, not to mention StrikerS had a large number of references to other series from the beginning).
I don't recall them fighting the TSAB and anyone else that's considered bad guys in the 2 previous seasons.

And I personally would like for the corrupt ones to be the TSAB . We've been speculating about this for a while now and it would be fun to have our speculations come true
Old 2007-06-10, 17:17   Link #163
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Quote:
Ya you are right, Vita and the rest where not "bad" so to speak, they where doing the only thing that they knew to do to help Hayate.
ok so on that note who does everyone think the clientis:
1: TSAB
2: Church
3: Other

I am inclined to vote 2 myself.
Old 2007-06-10, 17:18   Link #164
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Well, in Gundam Wing, the heroes fight pretty much everyone. The only difference between Nanoha and Gundam is that Gundam tends to stick rigidly to a typical storyline - "who are we fighting? war is bad!" - while Nanoha goes and tries to break pretty much every genre convention known.

I'd rather have a huge curveball thrown than have a series that does it differently turn to something completely cliched for the third outing.
Old 2007-06-10, 17:18   Link #165
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratler View Post
Ya you are right, Vita and the rest where not "bad" so to speak, they where doing the only thing that they knew to do to help Hayate. ok so on that note who does everyone think the clientis:
1: TSAB
2: Church
3: Other

I am inclined to vote 2 myself.
I'm inclined to vote 1. "Corrupt" doesn't fit Carim's image. Maybe Acous.......
Old 2007-06-10, 17:21   Link #166
Ratler

Quote:
I am inclined to agree that corrupt doesn't fit her to well, but it might not be either one of them. It could be someone else in the church.
Old 2007-06-10, 17:21   Link #167
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Nah, he's too slacky to be a traitor. I vote TSAB, with Graham they've already shown a tendecy to chase their own goals at the expense of others.
Old 2007-06-10, 17:23   Link #168
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Nah, he's too slacky to be a traitor. I vote TSAB, with Graham they've already shown a tendecy to chase their own goals at the expense of others.
How about we make this a poll? It would be interesting right?
Old 2007-06-10, 17:23   Link #169
Ratler

Quote:
How about we make this a poll? It would be interesting right?
OK.... so who is going to ask the mods??
Old 2007-06-10, 17:25   Link #170
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratler View Post
OK.... so who is going to ask the mods??
Uh, no no. Bad idea. I meant a poll here in the thread

Poll-only threads are forbidden here
Old 2007-06-10, 17:29   Link #171
Ratler

I thought so ok so far the votes are

1: TSAB -- 2
2: Church -- 1
3: Other -- 0

Ill try and keep track of it ^^
Old 2007-06-10, 17:30   Link #172
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Well, in Gundam Wing, the heroes fight pretty much everyone. The only difference between Nanoha and Gundam is that Gundam tends to stick rigidly to a typical storyline - "who are we fighting? war is bad!" - while Nanoha goes and tries to break pretty much every genre convention known.

I'd rather have a huge curveball thrown than have a series that does it differently turn to something completely cliched for the third outing.
They don't have to repeat GSD, so instead of showing how bad is war they may tell that "war can sometimes be necessary to make society better", or "a good war justifies the goals" - fighting makes humanity evolve after all

EDIT: I'm for the evil inside Church - just bevause TSAB looks more likely
Old 2007-06-10, 17:31   Link #173
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
acous sly! no doubt about it...just from looking at his face creeps me out...he is evil i tell ya!!! (and may in the future try to control hayate through blackmail if shes not careful )

im voting for 1) as the chance for corruption within the TSBA are high...and carim being evil is something i can never see :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-10, 17:32   Link #174
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
They don't have to repeat GSD, so instead of showing how bad is war they may tell that "war can sometimes be necessary to make society better", or "a good war justifies the goals" - fighting makes humanity evolve after all
This scenario would be interesting

EDIT: I think most of us suspect the TSAB
Old 2007-06-10, 17:33   Link #175
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
I don't think that reasoning works well in this case. One man's personal goals do not equal the whole of the TSAB's. Graham was shown to be acting in his own personal interests.

If anything, I think the Client is a completely seperate third party, and definitely not the Church (who are probably monastic at best, and don't appear to be very warfaring despite having powerful mages highly ranked in the TSAB) or the TSAB (who are severely short-staffed and reactive, not proactive, to situations).
Old 2007-06-10, 17:39   Link #176
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I don't think that reasoning works well in this case. One man's personal goals do not equal the whole of the TSAB's. Graham was shown to be acting in his own personal interests.
While it may be true that stereotyping an entire congregation because of one person is bad, we have to consider many facts that make the TSAB suspicious. Why else would they forbid physical weapons while they know about the AMF?
Old 2007-06-10, 17:40   Link #177
Ratler

@Fuyu no Sora hrm.. interesting point

Should I post who voted for what in the poll?
Old 2007-06-10, 17:48   Link #178
Dark Wing

To add it may not be the TSAB as a whole but just may be one or two people pulling the strings...
Old 2007-06-10, 17:50   Link #179
Ratler

IS that a vote for the TSAB??
Old 2007-06-10, 17:52   Link #180
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
While it may be true that stereotyping an entire congregation because of one person is bad, we have to consider many facts that make the TSAB suspicious. Why else would they forbid physical weapons while they know about the AMF?
Why do some police forces condone the use of live ammo but allow the use of rubber bullets and tazers?
As for AMF, there are ways around them, as has been proven several times.
Closed Thread