4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-23, 18:22   Link #81
ac3y

Summary: I came for the economics, I stayed for the Horo.
=P

Actually, this is my first foray into the so-called "slice of life" anime.
Old 2008-02-23, 19:01   Link #82
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Sorry, I wasn't referring to you ... argh, apologies. I was really referring to some posters who'd said the show was "boring"/slow. Most of the time when people use the word "slow" in these threads --- they really mean it is boring to them (rather than slow-paced in its true sense). Again, my bad -- wasn't pointing at you at all. I gotta stop reading the posts in other forums - it colors my views of the "average forum poster".
I don't see how the show is boring at all and HOW you could just suddenly stop paying attention and start thinking "hmm, this is really boring; I will go post that on AnimeSuki to annoy people!".

I wouldn't be complaining if they said the first few Lucky Star episodes were boring though .

My definition of an "average forum poster" is mainly shaped from other forums. A lot different from an "average forum poster" in this forum.

~

I also found it funny that in the episode Horo even pointed out Lawrence's fault in possibly trying to secure him , or actually being constructive. Well either way, it didn't work.
Old 2008-02-23, 20:41   Link #83
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

LMAO when Lawrence said, "Hey, you're drooling" to Horo after he finished describing the apples and pears, I nearly fell off my seat from laughing so hard. Horo's glazed over expression was absolutely priceless.
Old 2008-02-23, 23:26   Link #84
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
That's why I'm intrigued by how Spice and Wolf got so popular.
Perhaps you should suggest that as a thread topic? I think it would make an interesting topic, but a lengthy discussion of the reasons behind S&W's popularity as a series isn't appropriate for an episode-specific discussion thread.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-02-24, 00:34   Link #85
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Who here thinks that the Nora girl will be more evil than Chloe? (Aka charm Lawrence into Nora's faithful servant then use him against Horo?)

*raises hand*

I don't think that there are any safe people in this title. Every one we've met so far is either out to cheat them or kill them.
Old 2008-02-24, 00:42   Link #86
ac3y

That means the only person Lawrence can turn to is Horo.
Excellent ;D
Old 2008-02-24, 00:53   Link #87
maymay
Inactive~

Hmm I don't know about Nora being evil...she doesn't seem evil at all, maybe just a friendly rival for Horo. Then again who knows, I haven't read the novel.
As usual Horo's expressions are as cute as ever and her jealousy at the end makes her look even more ridiculously adorable.
Old 2008-02-24, 01:08   Link #88
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I shall remain utterly silent on the subject of Nora. Speculate away....
Old 2008-02-24, 01:48   Link #89
RampagingEvangelion
Asuka, Asuna, and Horo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post

Who here thinks that the Nora girl will be more evil than Chloe? (Aka charm Lawrence into Nora's faithful servant then use him against Horo?)
*Raises hand*

Something about her I don't like. Can't put my finger on it though...
Old 2008-02-24, 03:35   Link #90
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Oh, did anyone else notice that Horo was playing with her tail even more than usual in this episode. I could barely read the fansubs because I was staring at it so much.... hmmmm... fluffy... <3
Old 2008-02-24, 08:10   Link #91
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Perhaps you should suggest that as a thread topic? I think it would make an interesting topic, but a lengthy discussion of the reasons behind S&W's popularity as a series isn't appropriate for an episode-specific discussion thread.
Oh, don't worry, it was just a passing comment about something that Vexx said. If you want to start the thread, though, by all means go ahead

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2008-02-24, 09:19   Link #92
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Oh, don't worry, it was just a passing comment about something that Vexx said. If you want to start the thread, though, by all means go ahead

That way we could also see what the ratings are. Last week's not listed here.
Old 2008-02-24, 10:35   Link #93
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Personally, I wish there were more episodes like Episode 8. We get good character development and further insight on the way the world works. These are the little details that draw me to a show, because they add plausibility to an otherwise unrealistic fantasy world.

I enjoyed the descriptions about how people preserved apples and peaches. I liked the background about the dealings of the Church, and the details about Rubinheigen's economy. I enjoyed watching how Horo spotted the scam and how Lawrence picked up her hints without being told. They've definitely improved as a team, displaying a stronger sense of camaraderie rather than romance per se. (I dislike clichéd romance.)

Most of all, I enjoyed the pace. For once, the show feels more like a travelling anime, closer to what I had originally thought it would be. Lawrence and Horo chatting about the world, and nothing much of particular importance. Heh...I'm revealing my preference for "slice of life" in general, I guess.

This is a good episode. I give it an 8 out of 10.

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2008-02-24 at 10:47. Reason: Grammar.
Old 2008-02-24, 11:49   Link #94
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I don't think that there are any safe people in this title. Every one we've met so far is either out to cheat them or kill them.
As far as I can tell see, Lawrence is the only truly honest person we've met so far. Even Horo is willing to cheat other merchants (in the name of giving them a learning experience ) when she can get away with it. Remember the apples and the pelts?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-02-24, 12:38   Link #95
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Lol, I agree

Lawrence is a truthful merchant who tries to be sly, but ends up being ripped off most of the time (kinda like how I am when buying stuff...tch >.>).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-24, 17:33   Link #96
Shiori-chan

liked this episode, also laughed so hard when lawrence started talking about the apples with honey over it and horo her reaction at it ^^
also, I don't get the part with horo in the end when she saw that magician: "I dont like people like her" or something what she said in this context, wonder why
Old 2008-02-24, 20:56   Link #97
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The person they met at the end appears to be a *shepherd*, not a magician.

She *may* be the rumoured magician -- but the outward appearance is that of a shepherd. The sheep, shepherd's crook, and bell are the clues.

Its unusual thats the shepherd is a *she* (not common in this era).
. Horo (being a wolf) is not on good terms with shepherds - that's initially why she considers the shepherd dangerous. The revelation that she's an attractive she just makes Horo a bit jealous in addition.
Old 2008-02-25, 04:35   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I shall remain utterly silent on the subject of Nora. Speculate away....
Yeah since we didn't exactly get to see much only thing to do is speculate. At least a firm feeling is, she's a very suspicious person, though that's not saying much . Girl with barely doing anything has already made herself a pretty big enemy to Horo. First is simply her occupation and next is being good looking enough to get Lawrence's attention. Might as well make her the magician and we could have a complete enemy here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Oh, did anyone else notice that Horo was playing with her tail even more than usual in this episode. I could barely read the fansubs because I was staring at it so much.... hmmmm... fluffy... <3
Horo's tail really does manage to get its deserved screen time. Could eventually be a character in and of itself. Can certainly grab your attention and cause one to lose focus .
Old 2008-02-25, 07:37   Link #99
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Might as well make her the magician and we could have a complete enemy here.
Nora IS the evil magician, and I even know what spell she's casting to summon the wolves at the detour route.

Spoiler:

And the magician rumor happens because Evil Magical Shepherd Nora is at the WRONG place at the WRONG time.

Spoiler for How the rumor started:

Last edited by Flo; 2008-02-25 at 07:50.
Old 2008-02-25, 09:39   Link #100
Traece
:cool:

I think if the tail could talk FlareKnight, it would be twice deserving of having its own famous voice actor and over half the screentime in each episode. There are two words that summarize how cute Horo is when she's playing with her tail: Tail lick. That is all on the subject... <3... In any case, I think the shephard is going to try and seduce Lawrence and steal his valuables(armor... In this case...). At the same time, she could also possibly be a threat to Horo if she is the spoken of magician, because of the magician's rumored ability to control wolves. Horo would most likely not be subject to that, but I don't think she enjoys fighting with her own species. Who knows, I guess we can find out, this week!