AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-13, 19:21   Link #21
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, if they DO move Smoker to this Marineford Island, that means that there is a Boss opening on Memory Island, which will need filling (hopefully with Foxy~)

Also, nobody has noticed that Luffy is wearing Marineford clothing. Meaning it looks like they'll be changing the alt. costumes from Thriller Bark Strawhats to something else. Probably what everyone was wearing during Marineford (aka Sabaody).
Old 2011-02-14, 11:43   Link #22
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

New screenshots, making me wonder about this game....

Spoiler for Ace's Execution:

Unlimited Cruise had it's own storyline, and all that jazz. But with these new screenshots, are they adding a sorta side arc of rescuing Memory Ace? Or is this all just going to be just like Unlimited Adventure's flashback's?
Old 2011-02-19, 05:08   Link #23
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

The official site is now up~

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp...ece/index.html

If you look at the Character page, you'll notice that they've put the characters they've added and changed so far. With that logic, you can expect 7 new/changed characters added to the game.

Also, if you look at Whitebeard's profile pics, you'll see that there is infact Marineford somewhere in the game.
Old 2011-02-21, 03:34   Link #24
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

I actually come to this topic with some big news, some being what people have been waiting for actually~

Spoiler for Page 1:

Spoiler for Page 2:

Spoiler for Page 3:

Looks like all this Marineford stuff we've seen so far is actually an entirely new mode, not a new island. Everything on the island is seen on a map, much like the Story Mode of Gigant Battle. You start out at the beginning of the map, select a point, and you'll engage the story at that point. You beat that, and more points open. This mode has also confirmed their own cutscenes, mostly just 3DS remakes of the events of Marineford. If you look closely to the map screenshot, you'll notice Oars Jr. What I hope is that you'll fight him the same way you fought Oars, him basically being a reskin.

These scans also confirm that Akainu is now playable. Crocodile, Buggy, Aokiji, and Blackbeard have all been updated to their Marinford selves. Jinbei and Sengoku appear, but it is unconfirmed whether they'll be playable. Odds are Jinbei will be atleast.

All this news almost deconfirms Foxy and Magellan though.
Old 2011-02-21, 05:09   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's just a shame that the 3DS is region lock . Really can't see this being released outside of Japan.
Old 2011-02-21, 16:55   Link #26
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's just a shame that the 3DS is region lock . Really can't see this being released outside of Japan.

Well, the 3DS itself is NOT region locked. It's the games that are, so it's really up to the developers of the games if they want their games available worldwide.

Though, it IS Bandai Namco.
Old 2011-03-06, 05:13   Link #27
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

New characters scan~

Spoiler for Marco & Jozu:

So we can basically confirmed anyone who's played a large role in Marineford to be included in this game~
Old 2011-03-06, 10:26   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, the 3DS itself is NOT region locked. It's the games that are
What's the difference? At the end of the day i can't play Japanese or US 3DS games on my UK 3DS.
Old 2011-03-06, 14:07   Link #29
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
New characters scan~

Spoiler for Marco & Jozu:

So we can basically confirmed anyone who's played a large role in Marineford to be included in this game~

Ah, neat. Jozu's appearance is an especially sweet deal (maybe this means that Vista will make the cut after all!). BTW, I think there should be no doubt that Akainu will be a boss/playable character too, since we already saw his model in the above screenshots. However, I am slightly surprised at the lack of Jinbei......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 14:20   Link #30
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Ah, neat. Jozu's appearance is an especially sweet deal (maybe this means that Vista will make the cut after all!). BTW, I think there should be no doubt that Akainu will be a boss/playable character too, since we already saw his model in the above screenshots. However, I am slightly surprised at the lack of Jinbei......

Well, he WAS on Page 2 in the background of one of the screenshots, but I still think he'll be added later.

I myself really think that Marco and Jozu should be a double boss fight. I mean, it makes perfect sense to fight both Marco AND Jozu at the same time. I mean, look at Kuro and Krieg~
Old 2011-03-07, 16:03   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Controls, new characters and commercials can be found over at andriasang..
Old 2011-03-07, 21:01   Link #32
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Yup, this whole new mode is different from Story Mode, and retells Marineford. Probably completing this unlocks something in the main story mode, wonder what it could be~

http://www.ganbarion.co.jp/opa_sp_co...e/mri/mri.html

That's the BG Music for Marineford, and below are just some screenshots of some of the memorable moments this game will retell~

Old 2011-03-14, 17:55   Link #33
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

New scan, Jinbei is in.

Spoiler for Jinbei:

What strikes me wierd is that if you look at the top right picture, he appears to be on one of the islands in the main game..... does that mean they worked in all these new characters into the main game?
Old 2011-03-23, 21:57   Link #34
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs..._onepiece.html

Game delayed, originally intended to be released April 7th, the new release date is TBA. Though, I guess it helps for those who are importing. Gives us more time to hack our 3DS systems~
Old 2011-04-11, 03:33   Link #35
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

New trailer for One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP out now, confirming the last new character as Akainu. Guess they were just waiting for the anime to finish Marineford, seeing as this trailer has LOTS OF THE MARINEFORD EVENTS IN IT, SO WARNING FOR SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE EVENTS. We also get a look at the new Marineford mode, and all the new character looks and such~ (Marineford starts at 2:20)

So Marinford basically looks like a Survival/Boss Rush with lots of cutscenes~
Old 2011-04-12, 11:31   Link #36
marvelB

So just Akainu is the last revealed boss, eh? Aaaaw, I really wanted to see Buddha mode Sengoku make it in (he doesn't seem to transform in that trailer.....). Garp doesn't seem to be a boss either, which is also a bit disappointing (but even worse than that, where's Foxy!? ). Oh well, the Marineford mode still looks cool, nonetheless. Also, something else I'm kinda wondering (huge manga spoilers ahead):

Spoiler for manga events:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 18:28   Link #37
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So just Akainu is the last revealed boss, eh? Aaaaw, I really wanted to see Buddha mode Sengoku make it in (he doesn't seem to transform in that trailer.....). Garp doesn't seem to be a boss either, which is also a bit disappointing (but even worse than that, where's Foxy!? )

Well actually, Garp is a secret boss in the normal story itself, so I can see if they made you fight him in Marineford~

Spoiler for Garp Fight:
Old 2011-04-13, 02:41   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

& let me tell you, Garp was an absolute beast.
Old 2011-04-13, 03:46   Link #39
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& let me tell you, Garp was an absolute beast.

I dunno, I found Nightmare Luffy a tad harder.
Old 2011-04-17, 16:29   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The game has a new release date now, May 26th. Source is andriasang. I love that cover art.

Seeing as though One Piece: Gigant Battle for the DS is being released here in June, i have my fingers crossed that Unlimited Cruise SP will follow after. I guess sales of Gigant Battle will play a part in this happening or not.