Old 2014-07-12, 16:27   Link #2161
Blaat

Should have been a penalty that.
Old 2014-07-12, 16:27   Link #2162
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Oscar getting the first yellow card in the whole tournament for diving, lol.
And to top it off, this challenge was a clear contact, and hence a penalty.

My my my.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 16:29   Link #2163
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

WTF referee.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 16:31   Link #2164
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And to top it off, this challenge was a clear contact, and hence a penalty.

My my my.
I thought I saw it all with the 1978, 1990 and 2002 archives about bad officiating. It's a bad cycle coming back every 12 years, it seems.

edit: did I see the ref trying to pass the ball to a Brazilian player?
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 16:34   Link #2165
Mentar
Banned

What a selfish idiot Hulk is.
Old 2014-07-12, 16:37   Link #2166
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Nice dummy play, but Oscar misses the shot by a country mile.

edit: I lol'd at the commentary from the French CBC guy when he said "Le supplice achève." ("The torture is coming towards the end.")
Old 2014-07-12, 16:44   Link #2167
Mentar
Banned

I see lots of individual Brazilian dribbles, but no TEAMPLAY. Passing the ball to a teammate seems to be accompanied by a feeling of loss.

Weird.

Edit: Nicely played.
Old 2014-07-12, 16:49   Link #2168
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Netherlands strikes again and goal.

3 - 0, and Brazil ends the World Cup in disgrace.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 16:51   Link #2169
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Here's the exclamation mark through Georginio Wijnaldum! 3-0!!!

"Adieu veau, vache, cochon" a man named Jean de La Fontaine said. And Van Gaal sends Michel Vorm to finish the match.
Old 2014-07-12, 16:51   Link #2170
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

3-0. Game is done now. No way back.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 17:01   Link #2171
Elazul

Congratulations to Holland. It was a well deserved victory.

As for Brazil, this WC blatantly proves that our football needs a reformulation asap. Otherwise it will only go downhill from here
Old 2014-07-12, 17:10   Link #2172
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elazul View Post
Congratulations to Holland. It was a well deserved victory.

As for Brazil, this WC blatantly proves that our football needs a reformulation asap. Otherwise it will only go downhill from here
If anything can be an inspiration, German football picked itself up big time since they were thrashed 5-1 in Munich by England in 2001. By implementing changes in the right way to develop the right attributes (technical and mental) in players, any team can go far.
Old 2014-07-12, 17:16   Link #2173
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So let's think about this; how bad it'd be for Brazil if Argentina wins tomorrow. For third place, you'd have a team that beat Brazil for the third place, the second place team is the team that gave them such a humiliating defeat, and the champions are Brazil's enemy biggest rival, and they would place first in Brazil in Brazil's world cup.
Old 2014-07-12, 17:19   Link #2174
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

TBH, to see Argentina win is the very last thing I want, especially with the neverending wankfest over Messi to come if that happens.

I want nothing less than Germany to win this after what they have shown in the tournament as a better team.
Old 2014-07-12, 17:21   Link #2175
ChampDream
Alive

congratulation for Netherland to get that 3rd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So let's think about this; how bad it'd be for Brazil if Argentina wins tomorrow. For third place, you'd have a team that beat Brazil for the third place, the second place team is the team that gave them such a humiliating defeat, and the champions are Brazil's enemy biggest rival, and they would place first in Brazil in Brazil's world cup.
and after that Brazil will never organize a world cup again.
Old 2014-07-12, 17:35   Link #2176
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I love how this must be extremely humiliating for Brazil, to be defeated in their homeland, especially since they were the host. And Scolari will most likely be chewed out by the Brazilian football association for this huge loss.

At the very least, we'll be free from the shoddy referees now. This one is probably the worst I've seen in all the matches played by the Dutch team. He gives a penalty instead of red, he gives a card instead of a penalty, missed Kuyt getting knocked on the head, with an injury as result, and I'm sure I missed a few situations that could have been handled a lot better.
Old 2014-07-12, 17:46   Link #2177
justavisitor

imo, any nation that wins the world cup at Brazilian soil will receive a huge boost in football's reputation.

Guess I am the minority here to support Argentina XD...Even through I am indifferent towards Messi but it's still nice to see a good player achieve everything while he still can
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 18:02   Link #2178
Bri

The Brazil crowd impressed me with their class. This is an awful game to play for teams that hoped to win the title. I hope Brazil will use this tournament to bounce back and restore their original free flowing play style. The game could use a bit more beauty.

The Netherlands overachieved with a very limited team, mostly thanks to Van Gaal, Robben and the team spirit. It's sad we have a lack of talent and injuries in midfield, which made it impossible for the team to play the normal attacking 4-3-3 formation. The bad taste of the 2010 final and Euro 2012 has been washed away. Still, it's going to take a while to fix the teams reputation, given the media bias and refereeing.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 18:16   Link #2179
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

The Netherlands did really well given how unlucky they've been with all the injuries they had and with some key players missing. Van Gaal is one of those coaches who's able to squeeze the best performances out of the players who may not be of the same caliber of their own team's stars. Though Netherlands didn't exactly showcase anything tactically outstanding, they've been really solid and organized. Third place is absolutely well-earned.

Brazil's performances almost made me forget how poor we've been at this tournament.

But more than anything what really struck me is that Brazil showed no grit, no fighting spirit, no team cohesion. I mean, it was clear from the start that this Brazil team was far from being as good they used to be in other World Cups in the past, but I was atleast expecting them to compensate the lack of quality with a lot more passion and verve, given that they were playing at home.

In regards of the final, I honestly can't really predict who's going to win. The easy answer would be "Germany" given their amazing form, but football is unpredictable and Argentina might turn the switch on and produce an outstanding performance too. Either way, for us neutral fans it's hopefully going to be a good game.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 18:27   Link #2180
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I hope Germany wins. But Argentina will probably play well. I expect a close match, and Argentina could win.