Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-10-26, 03:29   Link #141
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
How many recruitable squad members are there? I recall from VC1 that there was a huge amount, like 40 or something.
VC4 has 43 playable characters, plus an additional 6 becoming available upon completing post-game content. And this is before any additional squad members added by DLC, like the Squad 7 or X-0 characters.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 19:57   Link #142
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
VC4 has 43 playable characters, plus an additional 6 becoming available upon completing post-game content. And this is before any additional squad members added by DLC, like the Squad 7 or X-0 characters.
Wow. Quite a bit.

Thanks!

When I'm done with Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I'll get VC4. I hope the character models for the recruitable characters are good. Freesia York was far and away my favorite design in VC1.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 20:34   Link #143
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Wow. Quite a bit.

Thanks!

When I'm done with Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I'll get VC4. I hope the character models for the recruitable characters are good. Freesia York was far and away my favorite design in VC1.
You will love Ferrier.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 21:24   Link #144
JagdPanther

Picked up VC4 for 25% off on Black Friday on Amazon. Delivered this afternoon. Just beat Shadow of the Tomb Raider tonight, so should get my start on VC4 tomorrow, I'd think.

Old 2018-12-01, 22:51   Link #145
Frontier

Spoiler for Chapter 17:
Old 2018-12-02, 20:24   Link #146
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
You will love Ferrier.
Haven't used Ferrier yet (not a lot of opportunities for Shocktroopers how I've played so far), but Teresa has become my favorite Scout already even though her stats aren't that great. She looks a lot like Ritsuko from Idolmaster.

Old 2018-12-03, 10:52   Link #147
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Haven't used Ferrier yet (not a lot of opportunities for Shocktroopers how I've played so far), but Teresa has become my favorite Scout already even though her stats aren't that great. She looks a lot like Ritsuko from Idolmaster.
I see you're a fellow Teresa fan as well. I actually liked her character design since seeing her in a preview devstream, and I wasn't disappointed when I had her running and gunning. She's actually my second Scout Leader after Minerva, i.e. designated towing service .

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2018-12-03, 20:21   Link #148
JagdPanther

Quote:
I see you're a fellow Teresa fan as well. I actually liked her character design since seeing her in a preview devstream, and I wasn't disappointed when I had her running and gunning. She's actually my second Scout Leader after Minerva, i.e. designated towing service .
Haha yeah I was immediately taken to her when I saw her character model. I actually am not a big glasses-girl fan, but I just really like her design.

I grind skirmishes a lot in-between story chapters. I just got to (but haven't actually fought) the Battle of Siegval chapter and happened to unlock Teresa's squad story in doing so. I'll probably tackle that later tonight or tomorrow.

I used Emmy a bunch while grinding the Reine skirmish and got her to Corporal, but, for whatever reason, her squad story hasn't opened. I wonder why...

I noticed that Teresa's Personnel Record expanded when she made Corporal, but no one else's in her squad story did. Do you know if squadmembers' expanded Personnel Records open up based on completing a squad story, individually gaining rank, or something else? Because if it's individually gaining rank it is going to take a looooongggg time to open everyone's up. It took quite a long time grinding to get even just Teresa's open. I know you only get 1 point per CP in Skirmish but you get 2 points per CP... in actual story missions, so that helps, but... Still, I'm not keen on the idea of having to grind every single squad member to open up their expanded Personnel Records, so I'm hoping that you automatically get those based on something less time-taxing.

Old 2018-12-03, 21:36   Link #149
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Haha yeah I was immediately taken to her when I saw her character model. I actually am not a big glasses-girl fan, but I just really like her design.

I grind skirmishes a lot in-between story chapters. I just got to (but haven't actually fought) the Battle of Siegval chapter and happened to unlock Teresa's squad story in doing so. I'll probably tackle that later tonight or tomorrow.

I used Emmy a bunch while grinding the Reine skirmish and got her to Corporal, but, for whatever reason, her squad story hasn't opened. I wonder why...

I noticed that Teresa's Personnel Record expanded when she made Corporal, but no one else's in her squad story did. Do you know if squadmembers' expanded Personnel Records open up based on completing a squad story, individually gaining rank, or something else? Because if it's individually gaining rank it is going to take a looooongggg time to open everyone's up. It took quite a long time grinding to get even just Teresa's open. I know you only get 1 point per CP in Skirmish but you get 2 points per CP... in actual story missions, so that helps, but... Still, I'm not keen on the idea of having to grind every single squad member to open up their expanded Personnel Records, so I'm hoping that you automatically get those based on something less time-taxing.
1. Do you have Simon in your roster? Because he's one of the members needed for Emmy's squad story, and in order to get Simon you need to have unlocked 5 Decorations (aka achievement medals).

2. AFAIK the dossiers unlock individually, i.e. you have to raise each individual character to Corporal in order to fully unlock their dossiers. The only ones who have expanded dossiers without much effort include the Centurion crew and of course the main characters.

Old 2018-12-05, 20:29   Link #150
JagdPanther

Quote:
1. Do you have Simon in your roster? Because he's one of the members needed for Emmy's squad story, and in order to get Simon you need to have unlocked 5 Decorations (aka achievement medals).

2. AFAIK the dossiers unlock individually, i.e. you have to raise each individual character to Corporal in order to fully unlock their dossiers. The only ones who have expanded dossiers without much effort include the Centurion crew and of course the main characters.
1. Oh. Duh... I guess I should've checked the squad list to see if I had everyone.

2. Well crap. There is no way I am getting everyone's expanded profile, then. I can't grind every single character.

Well, I mean, I CAN... I just don't want to, because that means less time with my favorite characters...

Thanks for the info.

Old 2018-12-22, 13:42   Link #151
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is on sale on Steam for 50% off. Having played through Valkyria Chronicles, I'm wondering if this one is worth it for half off?
Old 2018-12-22, 21:22   Link #152
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is on sale on Steam for 50% off. Having played through Valkyria Chronicles, I'm wondering if this one is worth it for half off?
I found it worth it at full price. It bears repeating, if you liked Valkyria Chronicles, you'll like VC4.

Old 2018-12-23, 03:36   Link #153
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Absolutely.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 07:02   Link #154
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
VC4 is a very worthy sequel to VC1. Nothing like VC2 if that's what you're afraid of.
Old 2018-12-23, 11:00   Link #155
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

By the time I finish replaying VC1 on PC, I hope they'll have a Definitive edition with all content after its release.
Old 2018-12-23, 18:22   Link #156
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I appreciate the responses, thanks! Looks like this one joins the realm of titles in my library
Old 2019-01-28, 19:31   Link #157
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So yes, they did in fact just release the last set of DLC's for PC today, and with an apology to boot:

[Steam]Free DLC! ‘Advance Ops’ and ‘United Front with Squad 7’ free with DLC purchase or preorders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sega Dev
Hi Valkryia fans,

We think we found a solution to the missing DLC issue that you might like:

SEGA is pleased to announce that the ‘Advance Ops’ and ‘United Front with Squad 7’ DLC will be made available free to anyone who pre-ordered Valkyria Chronicles 4 or previously purchased any piece of VC4 DLC on PC/Steam.

If you have yet to purchase any DLC, it’s not too late to receive this free content. Purchase any of the DLC below and ‘Advance Ops’ and ‘United Front with Squad 7’ will be automatically added to your Steam library. (One copy of each free DLC per customer only.)

Squad E, roll out!

Enjoy!
-SEGA Dev
The nicest apology ever! Should try out both DLC later when they finish downloading.

Old 2019-01-28, 20:16   Link #158
JagdPanther

So far, I am up to Chapter 16. I guess I have a "decision" to make now, since I know what happens here.

Since I had the Prima guide for VC1, I didn't do as much on my own in that game. I am using a couple guides online, but I don't quite agree with them at times, so I've done more of my own thing. I definitely think this is a much more forgiving game than VC1 in terms of getting an A rank.

Old 2019-01-29, 10:31   Link #159
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
By the time I finish replaying VC1 on PC, I hope they'll have a Definitive edition with all content after its release.
I may take these words back as I can find the Premium edition and launch edition for $40 and $25 on amazon respectively. good lord
Old 2019-01-31, 22:23   Link #160
Panzercracker

Quote:
Wow. Quite a bit.

Thanks!

That is normal size of a platoon i(US's platoon is roughtly 39 to 43 men), especial for Easy Platoon which will be task for dangerous missions thus they have addition of 2 tanks and 1 APC.

Last edited by Panzercracker; 2019-01-31 at 22:35.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
strategy, third person shooter