AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima f - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 5 11.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 18.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 37.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 18.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-09, 11:02   Link #41
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAyKeR View Post
How come the characters could be in light novel in 16 volume if they've introduced it in first episode? The third season has end in 10 or 11 volume, so they must record 11-12 tomes at least.How they'll do it in 12 episodes I really do not know.
They skip and blend. Usual JC Staff stuff specially when concerning the ZnT.
Old 2012-01-09, 12:41   Link #42
Xeones

Especially when you consider that this will be the final season for the anime, so they can't follow the novels strictly.

Overall, I liked this episode very much... seeing the "gang" back together after 4 years was awesome. Honestly, I couldn't stop smilling for the first 5 minutes of the episode.

I haven't read the novels after volume 11, so I don't really mind about characters popping up before they time in the novels... I only hope that JC will make a good ending for the anime.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:11   Link #43
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was a decent episode. The animation style and designs changed and it felt like they glossed over some stuff. But I've seen worse.

And more Siesta is always a good thing. <3
Old 2012-01-09, 22:20   Link #44
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hrm ... weelllllllll ... I was kinda expecting what was shown ... and, well, to be honest my expectations were pretty low, esp after season 3.

Crazy fast pace with the story, obligatory fanservice, etc., etc.

6/10 vote for this ep from me ... I will prolly follow it after the season airs. I will give it another ep or 2, but maybe it will keep my interest after all - I kinda doubt it, but who knows?

You know ... I am so tired of Louise being so nasty and jealous and outright mean to Saito, like with the Tiffa scene. -_-
Old 2012-01-09, 23:17   Link #45
MarkFark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
...seeing the "gang" back together after 4 years was awesome.
Couldn't agree any more

Idk if its just that I haven't watched ZNT (or any J.C. Staff anime for that matter) in a while but was it always this... ecchi?

And what novel(s) did this episode highlight? I haven't read past... 12

also, hullo forums
Old 2012-01-10, 00:38   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know if it's because I was watching it on a smaller screen, but this episode looked really good compared to the previous two season... Sure it's only the first episode, but I get the feeling it could use all the praises it could get

Oh dear lord they're still fighting?! And still over the same thing?! It stopped being character development after the last 6 times... >.>

They might as well be married, minus all the good stuff.

The best thing I've seen in this episode was that Saito still sleeps with Siesta and Louise, I thought that was only from the PS2 game but surprise surprise...
Old 2012-01-10, 04:54   Link #47
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh dear lord they're still fighting?! And still over the same thing?! It stopped being character development after the last 6 times... >.>

They might as well be married, minus all the good stuff.
Yeah, it is a bit old and repetitive, especially considering that they really are an official couple.

Well.......for the most part anyway.

When you're kissing like they did at the end of this episode, it makes me wonder why the staff is bothering with these fights and arguments anymore. It's just really meaningless at this point.
Old 2012-01-10, 08:24   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yeah, it is a bit old and repetitive, especially considering that they really are an official couple.

Well.......for the most part anyway.

When you're kissing like they did at the end of this episode, it makes me wonder why the staff is bothering with these fights and arguments anymore. It's just really meaningless at this point.

You know, I get it that couples fight all the time over silly little things but come on- At least make it interesting and different I didn't suffer 6 episodes last season for Saito and Louise to have to go through 'trust building' again.

What's more... Seriously, at this point what does Louise have to be embarrassed about a kiss anymore...
Old 2012-01-10, 09:21   Link #49
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

It's only following the LN in that respect. Really though, don't expect a solid Louise/Saito relationship till the conclusion, it's designed to increase drama/keep you interested.
Old 2012-01-10, 09:27   Link #50
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
What's more... Seriously, at this point what does Louise have to be embarrassed about a kiss anymore...
Well in anime she is more used to lesbian kisses than to Saito's.
Old 2012-01-10, 09:34   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
It's only following the LN in that respect. Really though, don't expect a solid Louise/Saito relationship till the conclusion, it's designed to increase drama/keep you interested.
I know it's following the Novel, but even I have another set of problems with Novel-Louise as well... Mah, I don't want to bring it up and turn this into a whinefest.

I'm not REALLY expecting a solid relationship development (even though by now after all they've gone through you would think...) But there is hardly any changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well in anime she is more used to lesbian kisses than to Saito's.
A kiss is a kiss... =_=
Old 2012-01-10, 10:09   Link #52
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

good one...

at least, I miss all of characters... and this show is advancing so fast....
as expected from final season

just like
Spoiler for another J.C. staff finale series:
Old 2012-01-10, 10:10   Link #53
User68604
Disabled By Request

Saito/Louise fighting always puts a smile on my face They're awesome together
Old 2012-01-10, 10:37   Link #54
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
That's actually not a problem whether or not it's following the novels (not for me anyway); it's that they're still fighting at all, anime or novels. >.>
While it was interesting for the first season and even in the second (since they didn't actually start becoming honest in their relationship until season 2), at this point when they're having romantic, honest kisses, and yet Louise still keeps starting fights despite how she's clearly in love with Saito and has shown it many times, all it gets, is boringly repetitive. >.>
Old 2012-01-10, 11:11   Link #55
Echoes

A bit late to the party, but I just watched the first episode.

Ah, a lot of nostalgia tied to this one. It feels great seeing everyone back on screen. Lousie is criminally cute, Siesta is always awesome, and Saito is, well, pretty damn cool... when he wants to be.

Despite the persistence of Tiffania-related boob jokes, which I grew very tired of a long, long time ago, this was a very solid episode. They dived right into the thick of it and started off with an exciting episode, as well as giving us a bit of the interpersonal bickering that is so defining for the show. I enjoyed it a lot.
Old 2012-01-10, 13:52   Link #56
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That's actually not a problem whether or not it's following the novels (not for me anyway); it's that they're still fighting at all, anime or novels. >.>
While it was interesting for the first season and even in the second (since they didn't actually start becoming honest in their relationship until season 2), at this point when they're having romantic, honest kisses, and yet Louise still keeps starting fights despite how she's clearly in love with Saito and has shown it many times, all it gets, is boringly repetitive. >.>
I agree of course, but this is Saito and Louise. He's a bit of a jerk in the centre of a harem and she's quite possibly the most tsun tsundere in the history of anime.

I'd love for some progression/development as a couple between the two, but I know that simply isn't going to happen before the conclusion. Still, the fights do help them develop in some ways. They are a pretty committed couple, regardless of what they say. That isn't going to change, at least.
Old 2012-01-10, 17:23   Link #57
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Louise, how I missed your distressed, blushing face. I don't even mind you're flat, but I really like you....r defensive nature. You know what they say, there's pleasure in the hunt, and what fun is it if your prey makes it easy for you.
And that's my take on it. Louise and Saito fighting all the time, it doesn't really bother me so as she still is an easily embarressed girl. I mean look at her, she's been a zero for much of her life, and only recently in 4 seasons has she been trying to take the initiative in accomplishing something on her own. Imagine the shame in always failing to produce results, and then only recently she's produced results, I see it having affected her romantic life the same way, in that she's clearly not used to that, and when something blissful happens like a kiss, it's nice to her when it happens, but when others are around, she's embarresed because, well, she's just not used to having others acknowledge her accomplishments such as getting far in her progress in romance.

But what do I know, it's been so long since I last had some ZnT, add to that I wasn't around the forums here for season 3, I'm just really glad to be here for the final season, as I really missed Tiffa's boobiesthe gang, and more heavily blushing Louise is always a treat to me

Now how long do I have to wait for the eyecatch scene to be completed...
Old 2012-01-10, 18:00   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's not that they fight all the time, it's that they fight all the time over the same thing.
Old 2012-01-10, 18:16   Link #59
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
It's not that they fight all the time, it's that they fight all the time over the same thing.
And, Louise is still flat, still has zettai ryouiki, Saito still likes some big ones, he still wears only one change of clothes, as it stands, when there are some things that can't change, in turn it is contagious that what happens around it doesn't always change as well, no?

I believe that as long as Louise remains flat, there's still going to be resentment towards anything bigger, so until she grows bigger or she brainwashes Saito that DFC tastes better than Trans fat(bloody hell did I just say fat?), she's still going to get jealous of the girls around Saito
Old 2012-01-10, 19:14   Link #60
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

sentai has picked this up