AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Midori no Hibi (JPN Anime) 22 78.57%
Midori Days (US manga) 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-10, 00:31   Link #1
Danji Ikari
Accolade of the SPF

Send a message via AIM to Danji Ikari
Midori no Hibi vs Midori Days

A friend of mine thinks that the manga is a rare case in that it is worse than the anime. Is this the general consensus or is he alone on this? I, personally, think they are both on the same level of quality.

Last edited by Danji Ikari; 2006-04-10 at 01:03.
Old 2006-04-10, 00:42   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

uhh...you do know that the manga is also originally Japanese right?

Also:

x JAP (derogatory)
o JPN (internationally accepted abbreviation for Japan)
Old 2006-04-10, 00:54   Link #3
Danji Ikari
Accolade of the SPF

I realise that it is. Only one of them made it over to the best of my knowledge. I used the commonly accepted term for a product of japanese origin in Video Gaming terminology. I'll use JPN here now. Unfortunately, though, I can't edit polls or I would've added "Neither" to the options and I would now change that.
Old 2006-04-10, 00:54   Link #4
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Umm, both came to the United States as well.

A clicky for the DVD's.

EDIT: To be back on topic, I'm racking my brain to remember which ended which way (I'm too lazy to put in the anime, and the US is only on volume 4 of the manga, which are the ones on my bookshelf), but I remember preferring whichever one ended with Seiji waiting for Midori to come up to him, as I thought that made a much better ending. Other than that, they were pretty much the same weren't they?
Old 2006-04-10, 01:00   Link #5
Danji Ikari
Accolade of the SPF

Agh..then disregard the notations of origin. Sorry, I'm not much into the anime or manga scene..but I figured that I'd like to leave the Video gaming scene for a while now. This is my first time in 3 or 4 years using a forum that wasn't PSinext. I could explain the backstory behind..and this is my first time ever using an anime/manga-focused forum.

I hang out with a lot of people who watch anime and I own all of Excel saga (anime) and Chobits (manga) myself so I'm not the most noob-ish of people.

edit sidenote: how is the voice acting in the Midori Days anime?
Old 2006-04-10, 01:04   Link #6
Danji Ikari
Accolade of the SPF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
EDIT: To be back on topic, I'm racking my brain to remember which ended which way (I'm too lazy to put in the anime, and the US is only on volume 4 of the manga, which are the ones on my bookshelf), but I remember preferring whichever one ended with Seiji waiting for Midori to come up to him, as I thought that made a much better ending. Other than that, they were pretty much the same weren't they?
I have only bought the first volume of the manga though I watched the whole thing through back when it had subs last year. I think they are pretty identical though the manga implied a few more interesting scenes..and just has a lot more happening (imo) than the anime.
Old 2006-04-10, 01:07   Link #7
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Umm, you know, I'm not sure, I don't know that I've ever listened to it more than once. Midori's japanese voice is very cute, and my wife has never expressed much interest in watching it (my wife will only watch a show if it's in english). Pretty much all of my dub experience comes from either having watched something on Adult Swim (Cowboy Bebop, GiTS, Witch Hunter Robin) or from watching it with my wife (Mahoromatic, Love Hina, etc). I kind of remember it being mediocre, but that's what I think of most dubs, not good, not bad, just mediocre.
Old 2006-04-10, 01:12   Link #8
rooboy
Umeboshi!

After looking it's the manga ending that I prefer (though not for the reason I originally thought I did). Other than that they're pretty much identical (though the manga has a lot more going on than the anime does).
Old 2006-04-10, 01:17   Link #9
Danji Ikari
Accolade of the SPF

Interesting..I might just have to read through the manga now. I almost bought half of it yesterday but decided to do just one in case it turned out pretty bad.
Old 2006-04-10, 02:05   Link #10
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

use JP NA EU
Old 2006-04-10, 02:12   Link #11
Danji Ikari
Accolade of the SPF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
use JP NA EU
Only because it's shorter than JPN.

We already covered this topic though and as I said I can't go back and edit the poll.

edit: if somebody could move this to the "Midori no Hibi" section of the boards I'd be grateful. I did not notice it before.
Old 2006-04-18, 18:13   Link #12
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Other than that they're pretty much identical
Manga has emphasis on comedy, anime has emphasis on romance part. And they chose the most boring bits for anime.
Old 2006-06-07, 18:42   Link #13
misakichii

midori no hibi vs. midori days---i choose midori no hibi. for some reasons i just like it more in japanese, just like how i like the voices more in jap than eng.
Old 2006-08-04, 14:13   Link #14
sedukshun
kimee ~

yeh i always pref original japanese voices instead of the english dubs ~ it sounds so wrong lol
Old 2007-01-12, 03:55   Link #15
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedukshun View Post
yeh i always pref original japanese voices instead of the english dubs ~ it sounds so wrong lol
Me too.... Somethings the dubs sounds strange too...
Old 2007-02-12, 04:24   Link #16
rik
Ace_of_Something_really

Even though I have never seen the manga, I may have either way since it's basically the same. Hi everyone!
Old 2007-03-09, 07:10   Link #17
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by misakichii View Post
midori no hibi vs. midori days---i choose midori no hibi. for some reasons i just like it more in japanese, just like how i like the voices more in jap than eng.
Very same reason here