AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-17, 02:13   Link #3201
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Okay, so there's...

Shellshock
Shock
Impact
EMP
Devastator
Concussion

I thought of concussion becuase of the the flash bang. Flash bangs dazes and disorients people, just like a concussion. Why not also do the same with machines? With the electrical jamming included? I mean if think about it, jamming the electricals is somewhat "dazing" and "disorienting" to a machine, right?
Yes, i believe concussion would be the best, it's still up to you.

EDIT: For some reason i answered all the question without my own questions answered...
Old 2011-10-17, 02:18   Link #3202
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Yes, i believe concussion would be the best, it's still up to you.

EDIT: For some reason i answered all the question without my own questions answered...
I think concussion would be best as well. Then there's the factor of it being a smoke grenade as well. Ah, what the hell?

"S2 Concussion Grenade" it is. As a reminder, it's basically a flash bang, smoke grenade and an electrical jammer in one.

Flash bang: Unleashes a flash of light to blind the targets, also dazes and disorients by the shockwave from the detonation.
Smoke Grenade: Unleashes a thick cloud of smoke to disrupt the target's vision.
Electrical Jammer: Tempararily jams electrical systems.

It does all 3 of these things at the moment of detonation. This video here shows how it detonates. It'll affect both human and machine targets. And the Inifinite Stratos is no different.

And I would answer your question if you're asking about Houki's new weapon. (Which is most likely that it's not)

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-10-17 at 02:36.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 02:47   Link #3203
Eratas123

@ Zero-What question? If it's the japanese name of Houki's weapon then I don't know either sorry.

@ Jak- How does that grenade do all these things at the same time?
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 02:57   Link #3204
DarkJak2050

To be honest, I can't really explain it right now.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-10-17 at 03:15.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 04:15   Link #3205
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero-What question? If it's the japanese name of Houki's weapon then I don't know either sorry.
There's at the very least four question in the previous page.

Quote:
@ Jak- How does that grenade do all these things at the same time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
To be honest, I can't really explain it right now.
Huh? Why? Classified information?
Old 2011-10-17, 05:21   Link #3206
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

@Eratas

Where do I start from for the epilogue? From the massage scene or just skip to the date instead?

Also, where does the canon team encounter the Silver Gospel IS in the anime?
Old 2011-10-17, 05:24   Link #3207
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
@Eratas

Where do I start from for the epilogue? From the massage scene or just skip to the date instead?
The massage scene. All the epilogues are near simultaneous so they should start on the same day, the next day epilogues are for later.

They encounter it during their beach stay, it didn't specifically say where.
Old 2011-10-17, 05:45   Link #3208
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Eras, one good thing about all these questions is that it forces me to put everything down on paper.

Right now, most of the answers you seek is found in the opening chapter of Infinite Stratos Vandam I. Karon's story. Look forward to it.

As for power level, nothing ZOMG powerful. The main emphasis of her fights is still using her fists, beam sword and beam rifle in creative ways as most other IS can shrug off a couple of direct hits from any. She does the most damage using chain combo attacks, and sets them up with guard break moves to render her opponent off balance to maximize those chain combos.

(In before 99 hit air combo--)

*is shot*
Old 2011-10-17, 05:56   Link #3209
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Eras, one good thing about all these questions is that it forces me to put everything down on paper.

Right now, most of the answers you seek is found in the opening chapter of Infinite Stratos Vandam I. Karon's story. Look forward to it.

As for power level, nothing ZOMG powerful. The main emphasis of her fights is still using her fists, beam sword and beam rifle in creative ways as most other IS can shrug off a couple of direct hits from any. She does the most damage using chain combo attacks, and sets them up with guard break moves to render her opponent off balance to maximize those chain combos.

(In before 99 hit air combo--)

*is shot*
Can you at least tell me how strong Vandam is compared to Byaku-shiki? Irish is gonna try to fight it but that's gonna fail so he'll switch with Ichika and attack Laura instead since he knows she's vulnerable from behind and he can probably penetrate her there.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-10-17 at 06:14.
Old 2011-10-17, 06:49   Link #3210
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The shield cannot withstand a single hit from that sword, that removes her main advantage of melee combos. Her plan would then be to kite Ichika around while he drains his own shields, also while shooting at him. I suppose he'd be good enough to dodge half of them. Then when its low enough, she gets in, blocks the sword with her solid shield (the one on her arm, not the forcefield), causing it to break, but in the same movement draw both beam sabers from her shoulders and downward heavy slash into Ichika's shield. That would deplete it to zero before Reiryaku hits her.

Another way would be to throw her sword at a weakend Byakushiki, embedded the blade in the shield for a split second before the shield repels it, then follow up with a flying kick at the blade. This would cause it to crumple into the shield and explode, opening a temporary hole in his defence, then fire a triple rifle burst into the hole. This would trigger Byakushiki's ABS and shut down.

Yeah, she breaks her equipment rather often...
Old 2011-10-17, 07:10   Link #3211
Eratas123

@Meister and Zero- Ichika's part, tell me what you guys think.

@Meister- Thanks for the advice Ichika, Kyuukai and Irish are screwed at this point. At least they're going down fighting

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-17, 07:18   Link #3212
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Certainly sounds like something that would've made it to anime.
Old 2011-10-17, 07:31   Link #3213
Eratas123

Quote:
Certainly sounds like something that would've made it to anime.
Only Kyuukai's left until the all out brawl in the field. Ichika vs Karon, Irish vs Laura and Celeste and Kyuukai vs Ichika's harem

Then comes the epilogue

It'll probably be something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Elxj624Rk
Old 2011-10-17, 07:39   Link #3214
HasuMasu
*Artist

Oh God, I actually leave my house for a while and
several pages have cropped up since I left.

I'm never going outside again.
Old 2011-10-17, 08:18   Link #3215
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@Meister and Zero- Ichika's part, tell me what you guys think.

@Meister- Thanks for the advice Ichika, Kyuukai and Irish are screwed at this point. At least they're going down fighting

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Oh God, I actually leave my house for a while and
several pages have cropped up since I left.

I'm never going outside again.
And yet my questions never been resolved, I guess I'll just ask Blitz.
Old 2011-10-17, 08:28   Link #3216
Eratas123

@ Zero- Can you please repeat your questions? I could've sworn I answered as much I could but I may have missed some.
Old 2011-10-17, 09:04   Link #3217
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Same here, this thread moves so fast even I can barely keep up.

And I was supposed to be studying!!
Old 2011-10-17, 09:12   Link #3218
Eratas123

Quote:
Same here, this thread moves so fast even I can barely keep up.

And I was supposed to be studying!!
Animesuki forums will ruin your life How many testing days do you have till your free anyway?
Old 2011-10-17, 09:27   Link #3219
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Another 3 weeks (1 paper this Fri, then 3 2 weeks after that).

And when I got bored, I tried sketching a timeline of what happens for the 1st 6 episodes of IS and before that...

...and I got:

Karon's Infinite Stratos Vandam I - Explains the entire setting, introduces Tio and Riz, and a few other characters who have no role to play thereafter and is a gigantic infodump 2hrs long if it were a movie. Though from the way I planned it, it's can be a standalone a mecha flick that uses IS, rather than something within IS.
Erika's Mjolnir - Explains the setting from Japan's perspective and is a semi-gigantic infodump, about the same length.
Celeste's The Black Rabbit - A simpler flick about an old veteran cyborg who is placed in charge to train his replacement. 1.5h maybe?
Wavehawk's Firemoth and Firemoth 2 - Stark up to her usual Funvee antics, before Tabane goes and drags her into [Shooting St@r].

With the exception of Firemoth 2, every of those stories take place before IS episode 1 even starts.

Then we get into [Infinite Stratos Shooting St@r] proper, and the 1st 6-9 episode equivalents take place within the 1st 4 episodes of the anime. Irish and their appearances would be around here. By the end of S1, 26 episodes would have been finished.

Episode 13-26 will have the Silverback guys as antagonists.

And then there's [Shooting St@r Sensou], which is an alternate reality of canon, with personality alterations and is a full-blown metafictional series of Shooting St@r in a reality where IS is a part of war. Random episodes would be spliced in to the second season of St@r, when the girls become popular enough to make their own tv series.

Counting subplots... There's an average of 1 per character, though its because some have 3-4 while others have 0.

THEN there's all the bits and pieces of my SOAPBOX MOMENTS integrated into fic form...

I should rename my fic Infinite Stratos: The Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-10-17 at 09:38.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 09:44   Link #3220
Eratas123

Quote:
Another 3 weeks (1 paper this Fri, then 3 2 weeks after that).

And when I got bored, I tried sketching a timeline of what happens for the 1st 6 episodes of IS and before that...

...and I got:

Karon's Infinite Stratos Vandam I - Explains the entire setting, introduces Tio and Riz, and a few other characters who have no role to play thereafter and is a gigantic infodump 2hrs long if it were a movie. Though from the way I planned it, it's can be a standalone a mecha flick that uses IS, rather than something within IS.
Erika's Mjolnir - Explains the setting from Japan's perspective and is a semi-gigantic infodump, about the same length.
Celeste's The Black Rabbit - A simpler flick about an old veteran cyborg who is placed in charge to train his replacement. 1.5h maybe?
Wavehawk's Firemoth and Firemoth 2 - Stark up to her usual Funvee antics, before Tabane goes and drags her into [Shooting St@r].

With the exception of Firemoth 2, every of those stories take place before IS episode 1 even starts.

Then we get into [Infinite Stratos Shooting St@r] proper, and the 1st 6-9 episode equivalents take place within the 1st 4 episodes of the anime. By the end of S1, 26 episodes would have been finished.

And then there's Shooting St@r Xenoglossia, which is an alternate reality of canon, with personality alterations and is a full-blown metafictional series of Shooting St@r in a reality where IS is a part of war. Random episodes would be spliced in to the second season of St@r, when the girls become popular enough to make their own tv series.

Counting subplots... There's an average of 1 per character, though its because some have 3-4 while others have 0.

THEN there's all the bits and pieces of my SOAPBOX MOMENTS integrated into fic form...

I should rename my fic Infinite Stratos: The Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.
You plan ahead don't you? I hope to see this story unfold at some point so good luck on your test and I hope you don't fail.

Why do you put sci-fi overload in your stories though? IS is already running on idiot science and now we have pilots with mind powers

I noticed this but I don't know if you did it on purpose: The female characters seem to represent sci-fi since they fight using mini-mechas, have mind reading abilities etc etc whereas the males represent realism since Maximillian and Irish are nowhere near the strength levels of the females but use conventional means such as intelligence, tactics, and other things to catch up to them. Was this done on purpose? It seems pretty symbolic.

Where do ISper powers come from anyway? Are they born with it and if so can they be replicated/given to others?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest