AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-10, 17:01   Link #7221
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Anyone doing that 5000 gold thing for warplanes? Looks like they said you can't just bot it and have to actually play it. Wonder if it's real.
I've been beta testing War Thunder and World of Warplanes, and although the controls are better in War Thunder (upon other things) the battles in Warplanes are pretty quick so its good for rapid skirmishes. It just so happens I've been playing through for fast upgrades through the tech tree in Warplanes so hitting the magic number for gold happens to be a nice byproduct of that. (If you didn't know before, although 200 battles are needed for the 5000 gold only 100 are needed for 1750.)
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 17:25   Link #7222
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I signed up for the beta, but have yet to receive a reply. I am guessing everyone signed up for the 'closed beta', yes?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 17:41   Link #7223
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Anyone doing that 5000 gold thing for warplanes? Looks like they said you can't just bot it and have to actually play it. Wonder if it's real.
I actually find the bombing aspect of WoWP fun. My tactic right now is to bomb targets and try to be ultra-aggressive enough to die quickly.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 17:50   Link #7224
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

U really want that gold or u either r planing to stop playin wot if ur playing wop. if that happens i go play bf 3 or coh2 and bf4 when they come out.
Old 2013-06-10, 18:29   Link #7225
Tak

I guess World of Warplanes isn't receiving applications atm... *sigh*

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-06-10, 18:33   Link #7226
Gravitas Free Zone

Judging by how the test server is filled up in the EDT daytime and empties out in the EDT early evening, you'd think it was filled with Russians or something...

...oh wait, it is.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 18:42   Link #7227
Tak

Had always been. Not eve news at this point

I logged sometimes, and Roo-She-Yans (who populate 90% of the damn place) love to ask questions like "what city in NA you from".

To which I often replied: Godthab

- Tak

Old 2013-06-10, 18:43   Link #7228
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well i'm downloading the newest WoWP patch... 2.3gb at a 50 kb/s speed. Gezz this will be a loooooooooooooooooong night.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 18:43   Link #7229
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I hopped on the test server two days ago, and there's a whole lot of testers with RU suffixes, with only NAs and EUs appearing rarely. Makes trying to coordinate anything impossible, but since I'm using a Leopard anyway, I just go where you'd expect a sniping medium to go, and help plug holes when I can.
Old 2013-06-10, 18:45   Link #7230
Tak

Ok hold on. Someone help me out. When did you guys sign up for BETA? I signed up last Friday, and I have yet to receive an email confirming my admission.

- Tak

Old 2013-06-10, 18:54   Link #7231
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Although I used to be a combat flight sim enthusiast, I can't say I'm really interested in World of Warplanes. However, I'm still patiently waiting for World of Warships, and if War Thunder releases their ships first, that's where I'll be going.

Endless "Damn the torpedoes" Soul
Old 2013-06-10, 18:59   Link #7232
Gravitas Free Zone

I don't attempt real communication on the test server, especially when half of the text flying by is Cyrillic of questionable grammar, but sometimes there are people who are at least paying attention to things.

Besides, I'm just there to "test" things, like HEAT, arty, and the Matilda IV, which looks like it will be a good purchase for pre-training a replacement T-44 crew once the current one moves on to the T-54. Yeah, I know it'll be slow, but it's a 76mm gun with a very good aim time and not-too-horrid accuracy.

Not really interested in the other World of ___ games unless there's a new related anime... which rules out Yukikaze, Sky Crawlers, Area 88, etc.
Old 2013-06-10, 19:10   Link #7233
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Ok hold on. Someone help me out. When did you guys sign up for BETA? I signed up last Friday, and I have yet to receive an email confirming my admission.

- Tak
Well i signed for the beta way back the last year (february last year actually), and I recieved confirmation near october, during the 3.0 patch.

The game was unplayable to PCs before 2008, but now is playable to a certain degree except in some maps (*coughcoughportcoughcough*) due to the extremely high amount of particles, ground detail and reflection in the planes (and let's now even talk about the clouds and shadows effects)

And the russian guys still haven't released a tweaker for the newest version.

The only good thing about WT against WoWP is that optimization in WT is optimal enough to run in low end pcs at stable 15-20 fps, while in WoWP 10-15 fps in the better you will get with a <2010 pc.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 20:57   Link #7234
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Although I used to be a combat flight sim enthusiast, I can't say I'm really interested in World of Warplanes. However, I'm still patiently waiting for World of Warships, and if War Thunder releases their ships first, that's where I'll be going.

Endless "Damn the torpedoes" Soul
yeah i'm more interested in warships, so far WT is a better flight sim and game overall. I just watch a vid on WoP and its unrealistic compared to WT, its based on the old HP standard of play instead of gettin crit hits and stuff, also you can fly thru the ground and still live... wtf, and bombs aren't really bombers, which is pretty useless, cuz i don't see ground targets that would use them on. the physics suck on WoP, and i heard the control layout/structure sux compared to WT's.

My Tank collection/garage (expected to grow another 5 tanks later on.)
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-10, 21:27   Link #7235
aldw

Quote:

- Tak
I signed up for it just last week, and received it last friday, took about 3-4 days to process.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 23:08   Link #7236
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
yeah i'm more interested in warships, so far WT is a better flight sim and game overall. I just watch a vid on WoP and its unrealistic compared to WT, its based on the old HP standard of play instead of gettin crit hits and stuff, also you can fly thru the ground and still live... wtf, and bombs aren't really bombers, which is pretty useless, cuz i don't see ground targets that would use them on. the physics suck on WoP, and i heard the control layout/structure sux compared to WT's.

My Tank collection/garage (expected to grow another 5 tanks later on.)
Images
The only thing is, War Thunder crashes my laptop every...single...time. I really wish I had my desktop gaming rig up and running.

Endless "~sigh~" Soul
Old 2013-06-10, 23:39   Link #7237
Gravitas Free Zone

Arty on top (note the Grille): This was the tenth out of twelve battles so far in the SU-26. I've identified one flaw in my usage so far: That if there's a high-tier heavy around and nothing else convenient to shoot, I'll tend to waste ammo plinking at the heavy despite only maybe doing 30 damage per hit. I should wait for easier targets to appear so I don't waste ammunition.

Fortunately in this battle I fired my last shot into the Matilda, it was the last tank, and everybody else shot it also.

Images

On the other hand, blasting away at the AT 2 meant that it was basically immobile and our T14 got some good hits on it.

The 8.6 SU-26 will have 44 rounds instead of 24.
Old 2013-06-11, 02:19   Link #7238
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:

- Tak
It took me half a year to get signed up.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 04:23   Link #7239
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

my app took 1 day to get approved....

anyway, 140/200, then server reset.

and Leo, look like your bro also grind for it, met readnotdead ingame today.
Old 2013-06-11, 07:32   Link #7240
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
its based on the old HP standard of play instead of gettin crit hits and stuff
True, but WoWP does also have locational damage like WoT (ex. damaging your wings enough reduces maneuverability, and if you destroy it you die regardless of your HP).

Quote:
, also you can fly thru the ground and still live...
What? I've crashed enough times and attempted Nap-of-the-Earth flying to know this isn't true. Either it's lag, or something else entirely.

Quote:
and bombs aren't really bombers, which is pretty useless, cuz i don't see ground targets that would use them on.
There aren't really any Bombers in WoWP, only Heavy Fighters, which are just as capable of air-to-air combat as the other aircraft classes. Also, you do have stationary ground targets to use them on, like AA guns and hangars, which is key to your team's "Superiority" score.

Quote:
the physics suck on WoP, and i heard the control layout/structure sux compared to WT's.
Haven't played WT so I couldn't be able to compare, but taken on its own WoWP's controls are a bit wonky with the MKB. At least though, the current MKB system is much, much better now than the previous system which turned me off playing WoWP for a while.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks