AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 08:12   Link #241
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Maybe KyoAni didn't choose to animate Chuunibyou because they wanted to do magic fighting .
Sponsors: "So listen up Kyoani. You're animating this slice of life series. Make sure you make it as moe as possible preferably those K-on designs the mass market loves. A lot of investors are on the line here so do your usual stuff and don't do anything stupid. Remember what happened the last time you defied us when you made Munto"

Kyoani: "K~"

*meanwhiles at Kyoani studio*

Kyoani Director: "Ok guys, listen up. F*** those sponsors. I'm sick of them ordering us around. Haven't they seen the CMs we've been spamming lately. We wanna do something different FFS. We'll still make those char designs moe as possible so that we'll still draw in the quota audience that those damn old men want, but we doing making an action series out this"

Kyoani Staffmember: "But how? The source material is just another cute girls doing cute things with the gimmick of a harem male. It's pretty gen-"

Kyoani Director: "DO AS I SAY!"
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 08:17   Link #242
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Sponsors: "So listen up Kyoani. You're making animating this slice of life series. Make sure you make it as moe as possible preferably those K-on designs the mass market loves. A lot of investors are on the line here so do your usual stuff and don't do anything stupid. Remember what happened the last time you defied us when you made Munto"

Kyoani: "K~"

*meanwhiles at Kyoani studio*

Kyoani Director: "Ok guys, listen up. F*** those sponsors. We'll still make those char designs moe as possible so that we'll still draw in the quota audience that those damn old men want, but we doing making an action series out this"

Kyoani Staffmember: "But how? The source material is just another cute girls doing cute things with the gimmick of a harem male. It's pretty gen-"

Kyoani Director: "DO AS I SAY!"
Reminder: this project was one of the manuscripts submitted to the first Kyoto Animation Award and was likely decided to be turned into an anime then. KyoAni is the one who is pushing this project, not any of the other production committee members.

List as seen in the PV:
Kyoto Animation (original source material/animation studio)
Pony Canyon (Likely BD/DVD Distribution)
Lantis (Music Distribution)
TBS (Probable TV station organization)

Edit: adding the PV onto this page for convenience:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-08-10 at 08:44.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 08:18   Link #243
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Mark me interested by this series as well after this PV, going even more chuuni with the fantasy scenes than what AIC did with Oreimo.
I particularly appreciate that the design actually -departs- from K-on (the shape of the eyes and particularly the iris), with a smooth animation, be it normal life and the action parts (which is far better rendered than Nichijou).

Now, it really depends how far they will play the humor with this series, but so far, it looks much more engaging than Nichijou was.
Old 2012-08-10, 08:19   Link #244
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Reminder: this project was one of the manuscripts submitted to the first Kyoto Animation Award and was likely decided to be turned into an anime then. KyoAni is the one who is pushing this project, not any of the other production committee members.

List as seen in the PV:
Kyoto Animation (original source material/animation studio)
Pony Canyon (Likely BD/DVD Distribution)
Lantis (Music Distribution)
TBS (Probable TV station organization)
I already knew that but... way to ruin my fun .
Old 2012-08-10, 08:19   Link #245
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I don't think it's magic battles that KyoAni wanted to do, I think they wanted to go all out on delusions. Just look at some of the more experimental scenes of Hyouka, they seem to be relishing in going overboard with it.
Hyouka never had Oreki doing battle with an army of Eru-Angel as he tries to fight back her advances.

Likewise of all the possible delusions they could have used, they picked magic battle...

Okay, I never read the original source so maybe that's how things actually went down.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 08:24   Link #246
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Okay, I never read the original source so maybe that's how things actually went down.
This seems like a good point to comment that the vast majority of things in the PV were new to me (and I've nearly finished both novels-check sig). There's elements from the novels in there (the whole "Dark Flame Master" outline), but it's different. If I had to guess, about 85% of the PV was either brand new or vastly changed from the novels.

Old 2012-08-10, 08:25   Link #247
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Well KyoAni does love delusions. I remember that scene in Nichijou dedicated to Yuuko daydreaming about where Mio's pigtails came from.
Old 2012-08-10, 08:26   Link #248
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
This seems like a good point to comment that the vast majority of things in the PV were new to me (and I've nearly finished both novels-check sig). There's elements from the novels in there (the whole "Dark Flame Master" outline), but it's different. If I had to guess, about 85% of the PV was either brand new or vastly changed from the novels.
So it's not so much an adaptation but more of a spin-off? Like Nanoha from Triangle Hearts?

Hmm.
Old 2012-08-10, 08:28   Link #249
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
So it's not so much an adaptation but more of a spin-off? Like Nanoha from Triangle Hearts?

Hmm.
Sounds to me like KyoAni is still following the general outline of the story, but added 100% more shounen battles!

...Which brings me back to my original question-- >.>
Old 2012-08-10, 08:33   Link #250
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Hmm.
No, I can see them using the majority of the plot, but they've added in extra elements. After working on shows with huge casts like Nichijou, K-On!, and Hyouka, Chuunibyou only had a few characters in the first novel. It's fine for a novel since you don't realize that only a few are around, but they wanted to add extra characters in the anime to make it more lively. That, in turn, forces certain aspects of the story to be changed to accommodate new characters. Back in post 135 I translated the scans. One of the new characters created the Afternoon Nap Club. That wasn't present in the novels.

I hate to use this example given the main female leads, but it's almost like Another where additional elements had to be added (beach episode) for the anime that weren't present in the novel.

Quote:
Which brings me to my original question of "If KyoAni wanted to do Magic fightings, why couldn't they pick a series with actual magic battles?". It's not like there's any shortage of those...
Because they probably didn't get one that was good enough in the first Kyoto Animation Award. The purpose of this show is to promote their LN division. They felt the manuscript that could produce the best anime was Chuunibyou and went with it. It doesn't matter that there are manga/light novels that have magic battles; those series are not published by KyoAni.

Old 2012-08-10, 08:34   Link #251
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Sounds to me like KyoAni is still following the general outline of the story, but added 100% more shounen battles!

...Which brings me back to my original question-- >.>
I sense some extreme frustration inside you .
Old 2012-08-10, 08:41   Link #252
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Because they probably didn't get one that was good enough in the first Kyoto Animation Award. The purpose of this show is to promote their LN division. They felt the manuscript that could produce the best anime was Chuunibyou and went with it. It doesn't matter that there are manga/light novels that have magic battles; those series are not published by KyoAni.
Fair enough I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I sense some extreme frustration inside you .
Lol just jesting

I'm one of those that poke fun at people still waiting for FMP or Haruhi So I'm really not all that invested in what KyoAni does.
Old 2012-08-10, 09:14   Link #253
teja208
Critical fanboy

I like the PV although this one is quite misleading judging from everything I heard about the series, so I not planning to take this PV seriously. I'm expecting more well-defined PVs in the future.

But I think I'm gonna enjoy Yuuta in his chu2byo state, he looks badass and his hairstyle changes when he's in that form.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 09:32   Link #254
rulfo

If the source is a good romance comedy then I complete trust in them.

If any of you people remembered or watched Nichijou there's a particular character there that brings romance comedy to the show. Most of the time that guy is a complete riot.

I really wish they'd just make spin off of that.

Anyway let's see how it ends up. I got a question though,

Spoiler for just a bonus question:
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 09:45   Link #255
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Anyway let's see how it ends up. I got a question though,

Spoiler for just a bonus question:
Answering spoiler in general terms, not spoiling the show (I'm answering with information already revealed):
Spoiler for answer:

Old 2012-08-10, 10:12   Link #256
rulfo

Quote:
Answering spoiler in general terms, not spoiling the show (I'm answering with information already revealed):
Spoiler for answer:
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm hyped for both of the shows with the other primarily for the reason of the designs being handled by mebae.

Anyway this doesn't seem to be the proper PV just yet. So definitely looking forward for some proper trailers/teasers. With regards to the one doing the OP song, any information about the artist or is it completely new?
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 10:20   Link #257
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
With regards to the one doing the OP song, any information about the artist or is it completely new?
The artist has composed a few anime songs (almost all the Saki - Achiga Hen songs except the OP), but I've not found that they have performed any vocal tracks. It appears they are a recent addition to the Lantis line-up.

Old 2012-08-10, 10:46   Link #258
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
That sickeningly fluffy and saccharine art style doesn't fit at all with the music and action. Otherwise, it looks to be quite entertaining in a silly crazy way.
I think that discordant clash of styles is exactly what they're going for.

I'm no Haruhi fan so I don't hope this show goes that direction, but I see some possibilities here. Looks like KyoAni might be aiming for something perverse and intentionally strange, which can be quite a winning combination if the writing is up to the challenge.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 11:01   Link #259
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think that discordant clash of styles is exactly what they're going for.

I'm no Haruhi fan so I don't hope this show goes that direction, but I see some possibilities here. Looks like KyoAni might be aiming for something perverse and intentionally strange, which can be quite a winning combination if the writing is up to the challenge.
Speaking of which who's behind the writing for the adaptation? Is it known yet?
Old 2012-08-10, 11:17   Link #260
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Speaking of which who's behind the writing for the adaptation? Is it known yet?
The series composer is Jukki Hanada. You might recognize him from composing a little-known chuunibyou in last year's Steins;Gate adaptation.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen