AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-09, 22:20   Link #41
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Once, and that was such a tiring experience to do it, espiecially in a match, yesh. But it was worth it.
Thanks for the tips.
The good thing about that move is the first 3 hit is still pretty easy, so it doesn't hurt much to try to pull it off.

I think the fav. Ivy move for me is definitly lick, so many time it saves me when I CH somebody and pull off the lick, plus sometime you can even lick somebody when they are up in the air doing something to hit you. Problem is it normally takes great reflex to do it, it only works more often when you are anticipating it.
For the 66[B] (ff[B])move, sometimes it juggles the player in the air too, then i think it's possible to lick them, but not sure.
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 01:52   Link #42
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

for 66B u dont hold it so basically its just 66B>9B+K.

if u did 66[B] u would go straight into Spiral Tribute i think...
AnAlPedoFileMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 19:34   Link #43
jake3324

I just got a Dream Cast since they are cheap and also got a copy of Soul Calibur, it's a great game but I can't play the missions. The problem is I can't get past the training part. They don't explain well enough what an unblockable attack is, so I can't get past the part. I've found out how to see which moves are avlaible for characters,but there is none which say unblockable. I've also read that soul charge or whatever has something to do with it but I tried going into that by pressing the R trigger but that didn't work either.

Please help :'(

I probably won't remember thispost so please email me at frozendicester@gmail.com
thanks
jake3324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 00:10   Link #44
Js2756
Thread Killer

For those who are having problems with Raphael in SC2, one thing makes him an easy character to fight against:

Almost all of his moves are easily stepped.

Seriously, stepping is incredibly powerful in this game. If you aren't playing with a character who has a decent tracking horizontal move, and you're playing against someone who can step well, be prepared to lose a lot. They can literally step around all your attacks and counter with their own. It's good that they toned it down in SC3 (although they added a bunch of other broken stuff).

Because someone mentioned best characters in the game, here are (as far as I can remember) the top characters of SC2 and SC3:

SC2: Xianghua, Cervantes
SC3: Xianghua, Cassandra, Sophitia, Mitsurugi
Js2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 23:40   Link #45
cdtm

Allright, I'm still learning this game, and I'm not gonna have anything beyond basic level advice, but here's my take:

Talims the character I've played with more then anyone, and I think she's meant to be played as an aggressively offensive character.. Her basic aa sidestep a (The last A makes her do the spinning buzzsaw like move she'd normally do if you had her sidestepping in 8 way run mode) is pretty damned abusable, especially if you mix it up so your opponent can't guess which way you're gonna dodge... You could toss in bbk, just to keep from getting monotonous, but I think that's unsafe...

Basically, just keep pressing and pressing and pressing with the aa sidestep a routine, and maybe the occasional toss if they keep blocking. If you give your opponent time to think or rally, you're likely screwed...
cdtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 23:48   Link #46
cdtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
For those who are having problems with Raphael in SC2, one thing makes him an easy character to fight against:

Almost all of his moves are easily stepped.

Seriously, stepping is incredibly powerful in this game. If you aren't playing with a character who has a decent tracking horizontal move, and you're playing against someone who can step well, be prepared to lose a lot. They can literally step around all your attacks and counter with their own. It's good that they toned it down in SC3 (although they added a bunch of other broken stuff).

Because someone mentioned best characters in the game, here are (as far as I can remember) the top characters of SC2 and SC3:

SC2: Xianghua, Cervantes
SC3: Xianghua, Cassandra, Sophitia, Mitsurugi
According to the Soul Calibur forums and Wikipedia, the top class in II is supposed to be:

Xainghua as the definitive top character

Cervantes, Yoshimitsu as top tier.

I hear lots of good things about Taki, too, but for some reason she's not really considered top tier, but more like top midrange... Probably because of limits on her range, being more of a quick close ranged character. Still, you'd think a really skilled player could run circles around just about anyone, being the quickest character and having the awesome "possession" stance, which basically ups her speed to the nth level (At the expense of defense, but with her amped speed you shouldn't need it)

I dunno, I tend to think one shouldn't put too much stock in "tiers" anyways.. It's all about the players.

Like, the definitive Xainghua's had lots of tourney's with not a single top spot... It happens. And Cassandra, long thought to be a low, or at best middle mid ranged character, came in second place at one tourney, making people re-evaluate her worth...

Here's a good example of that, from Wikipedia:

"In Soul Calibur II, Sophitia's tier ranking is a good example of how a character can develop when more is discovered about the game. At first it was commonly said that her moves were too linear to be effective in a 3D environment that emphasized stepping. Due to her absence from the arcade version, she was not a widely used character early on. As the game aged through the console versions, her emphasis as a punisher and pressure character evolved, and now she is regarded as at least upper-mid tier."
cdtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 22:36   Link #47
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Since SC4 hit the scene can a mod change the title thread to include SC4 tips? Or just a SC general thread.

I'll post what I know later on this week.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote