AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 05:03   Link #3081
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Can someone tell me all the servants and their real identities from Night?
Spoiler for Servants and true identities F/SN:
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 09:37   Link #3082
kitten320

Does anyone know why they decided to make two short seasons instead one big one?
Old 2011-10-17, 09:53   Link #3083
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Does anyone know why they decided to make two short seasons instead one big one?
To make the production easier and all. Less rushing, more quality, stuff like that.
Old 2011-10-17, 10:08   Link #3084
kitten320

I see... though with the way series are progressing it feels like if everyting could be over in just those 13 episodes

Never played the game so have no idea what is coming.

But it is pleasing to know that there is more to come and that I don't have to worry about series being rushed. Just hope they won't drag it like F/SN
Old 2011-10-17, 11:46   Link #3085
Shadow5YA

Is fate/hollow ataraxia fully translated yet? I haven't played that yet.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 14:05   Link #3086
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
About 65% of the text is currently translated. You can keep tabs on the project here:

http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...ollow_Ataraxia
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 20:12   Link #3087
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Fate/Extra is an AU of the original Visual Novel, right? What route in particular would it be an AU of?

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 20:24   Link #3088
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Here's one. How much of the Fourth Grail War does Saber remember after Shirou summons her?
Old 2011-10-17, 21:56   Link #3089
TwilightsCall

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Fate/Extra is an AU of the original Visual Novel, right? What route in particular would it be an AU of?
Well, the different routes are supposed to be alternate realities of eachother as well, so if the answer is along those lines I would say its an alternate reality of all of them, though I was under the impression it was a bit farther removed then that.

I havn't played it though, so I could be mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Here's one. How much of the Fourth Grail War does Saber remember after Shirou summons her?
Short answer, all of it.

Long answer,

Spoiler for Stay Night and I suppose some of Zero as well:
Old 2011-10-18, 21:56   Link #3090
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I don’t know if this has been asked yet (if so, then sorry):
If servants can materialize and de-materialize, how come they never use it for combat like Nightcrawler character in X-Men do? The principle is almost similar, right? Is there any ‘rules’ for it? If they DO use it in combat (not spying, etc), please give me some examples/proofs (either from the animes or games).
Old 2011-10-18, 22:34   Link #3091
TwilightsCall

This is mostly speculation, but I imagine they don't use Spirit Form in combat because, since Servants are already spiritual beings, turning into spiritual form wont act as any sort of protection. It might make them invisible to the master, but since you already need to be able to affect spiritual beings to hurt Servants when they are materialized, turning into...more of a spirit doesn't sound like it would have much of an effect.

But again, I don't have anything to back it up, so if any has any evidence I'm curious to see it as well!
Old 2011-10-19, 04:54   Link #3092
alumnox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don’t know if this has been asked yet (if so, then sorry):
If servants can materialize and de-materialize, how come they never use it for combat like Nightcrawler character in X-Men do? The principle is almost similar, right? Is there any ‘rules’ for it? If they DO use it in combat (not spying, etc), please give me some examples/proofs (either from the animes or games).
The servants are actually energy given physical form and an identity thanks to the vessels the 3 families created when they developed the grail system.

Mana is the general name for that energy and by definition is incapable of interaction for itself with regular matter.

Why they don't attack each other in spirit form ?. Actually they like to use it.

Lancer invading Emiya mansion - spirit form and then physical to attack.
Assassin as we saw in HF route is the master of this technique.
Caster in a few moments also.

But remember that while they are in spirit form they are in essence mana so they are pretty much a cute "floating cloud" also as far as I remember in the FSN game I think is Tohsaka that says that in spirit form they can sense another servant but they can't see each other so Im sure it will be really funny to witness two invisible cute clouds of mana going marco.... polo to find each other jejeje.
Old 2011-10-19, 05:33   Link #3093
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Quote:
This is mostly speculation, but I imagine they don't use Spirit Form in combat because, since Servants are already spiritual beings, turning into spiritual form wont act as any sort of protection. It might make them invisible to the master, but since you already need to be able to affect spiritual beings to hurt Servants when they are materialized, turning into...more of a spirit doesn't sound like it would have much of an effect.
It still depends on the Servant if they choose to turn into spiritual form when in combat. Turning into spirit form is of course an excellent strategy to hide oneself from the enemy they are facing, but it can also be a disadvantage when the enemy is able to determine their position. As such, like I said, it's the Servant's decision OR whether he/she has the ability to turn as a spirit during combat/battle.

And like alumnox has mentioned above, there are several Servants who have been proven with this ability in order to form their strategy. And if, the Servant cannot recover mana and/or get mana from his/her Master, he/she has no choice but to materialize, just like Saber in the rest of the F/SN route/anime series.
Old 2011-10-20, 20:33   Link #3094
Kirarakim

So I was intrigued by the 1st episode but I never played the game AND never watched Fate Stay Night...will that affect my enjoyment of the prequel in anyway? Basically what I am wondering can the prequel stand as its own story?
Old 2011-10-20, 21:06   Link #3095
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
So I was intrigued by the 1st episode but I never played the game AND never watched Fate Stay Night...will that affect my enjoyment of the prequel in anyway? Basically what I am wondering can the prequel stand as its own story?
That question comes up basically every week since Fate/Zero's started, so as I've replied to other posters who've posed it before... You don't need to have experienced F/SN to enjoy F/Z, but said enjoyment would certainly be greater if you did. It's a prequel clearly aimed at people who already know what happens afterwards chronologically, seeing as it spoils many of F/SN's plot twists and doesn't seem to go as in-depth with the explanations of the Fate Universe's lore, terminology, etc. Fate/Stay Night is the true introduction to that universe and accordingly contains a lot more world-building than Fate/Zero. There are also certain moments in F/Z which can almost be considered "winks", so to speak, to people who already know what happens in the following war which F/SN depicts.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that the show is certainly well written enough to stand on its own, so you'll probably still enjoy it, just not as much as you would have if you'd experienced F/SN. The setting and the way it works will be harder to follow too. So if you see yourself ever playing F/SN (the anime was a rather crummy adaptation so it wouldn't make much of a difference on its own) I would recommend leaving F/Z for until after you do it. But if you have no intention of ever doing it, then by all means go for F/Z now, as it should still be fun regardless.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 21:19   Link #3096
Kirarakim

Thanks, I figured the question might have been asked before but I couldn't find it so I thought I would ask again.

I heard the first anime adaption was bad hence I am not sure if I want to sit through it. As for the game even if I was interested in playing I am not really sure how to obtain it so that's probably out of the question too.

I mainly want to watch Fate Zero because the series seems well regarded and I don't want to miss out on a good series; but from the sound of it it doesn't seem like the prequel is completely newbie friendly. Well I wonder how many people like me are watching that are completely new to the franchise.
Old 2011-10-20, 21:55   Link #3097
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
I mainly want to watch Fate Zero because the series seems well regarded and I don't want to miss out on a good series; but from the sound of it it doesn't seem like the prequel is completely newbie friendly. Well I wonder how many people like me are watching that are completely new to the franchise.
I am. Honestly, I don't find it too confusing or too much of a problem.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 11:13   Link #3098
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
Thanks, I figured the question might have been asked before but I couldn't find it so I thought I would ask again.

I heard the first anime adaption was bad hence I am not sure if I want to sit through it. As for the game even if I was interested in playing I am not really sure how to obtain it so that's probably out of the question too.

I liked the anime. It's what got me into the whole Fate universe. The music was amazing and the story and characters still shined through. It wasn't bad; it's only lacking compared to the full game, just like Lord of the Rings is a lot more in depth in book form. The series is really short, only 24 episodes, so if you want to get all caught up while you wait for F/Z episodes, it's not a bad idea to go watch 'em.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 12:11   Link #3099
Cherry_Lover

Quote:

There's no point in watching the FSN anime prior to Fate/Zero, honestly. Zero explains the basic concepts as if you were new to the series, and the FSN anime is not good enough for it to really add anything to your understanding or appreciation of Zero, especially since it only covers one route. However, it is worth playing the VN first, especially if you intend to play it in the future, because Zero spoilers a hell of a lot of the VN.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 18:02   Link #3100
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Iri is a homunculus? Does that make Ilya a half-homunculus?