Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-07-12, 00:17   Link #921
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Though IMHO the rules of soccer need to have a little slackening to prevent divers drawing fouls. If the ball is played, even if the guy gets decked, there needs to be no foul. The only time there should be a foul is if the man simply gets decked, but the ball is missed. So tactical fouls would still be called, but as for diving, no thx.
In the past, I saw players getting their legs broken because of unintentional careless divings (although I am sure some were lying about the unintentional part). If you try to loosen some rules, I am sure there will be nonnegligible amount of players, who will try to break his opponent's leg with one foot, while the other will try to hit the ball.

Football is not a sissy game, that's for sure; injuries and hard fouls are a part of the game. But, to increase the chance of a fair game, it is highly important to have punishments for the deservees and to have automatic mechanisms to minimize the chance of such accidents or abuses.

What you suggest is not much different than allowing self-defense based killing, except that the one who will pull the trigger is a bit of a professional human-hunter and the self-defense conditions are much more flexible and forgiving.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 03:38   Link #922
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

You don't need to loosen the rules. You need to tighten them. Use the video to prove either fouls or fakings (and not just when it's Zidane going batshit.) Punish fakers. Harshly. Even after the game. Heck, why not take one point from the team for every fake? Sure, at first you'll get scores like -5 to -2, but after a while they'll get the message.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 04:06   Link #923
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
You don't need to loosen the rules. You need to tighten them. Use the video to prove either fouls or fakings (and not just when it's Zidane going batshit.) Punish fakers. Harshly. Even after the game. Heck, why not take one point from the team for every fake? Sure, at first you'll get scores like -5 to -2, but after a while they'll get the message.
Taking points might be a bit harsh as the initial punishment. But, I guess punishments in terms of money for both the team and the player would cause a more powerful impact at the beginning. If it does not help, increase the severity of the punishments, national league points, international league points, country points, banning, etc.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 06:25   Link #924
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Blatter wants to take back the "best player award" from Zidane because of what he did... and, what about those diving bitches who won the "most spectacular team" ?
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 22:57   Link #925
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Some players are known for being racist, Matrim. Mihajlovic and Di Canio are two other examples. And there's Luis Aragones, the Spanish coach.

As for the 2nd part, you didn't understand my point; I meant they were all clearly acting and trying to get an advantage through dirty tricks. Zidane may have been an idiot to fall for it, but that doesn't make it any better.

Like I said, I'm disgusted when Argentinian players start diving all over the place too, so don't think I'm being hypocritical here.
Old 2006-07-13, 04:12   Link #926
Blablabla

Zidan spoke yesterday, Matrix did insult her mother and sister... and he repeated those words 3 times... that's why Zidane lose his nerves. But it didn't tell exactly what Mat' said to him...
Old 2006-07-13, 04:21   Link #927
Bakaaa

Im not saying this because im french but clearly this time they used the video to take a decision which is clearly a violation of the rules.

Well that beeing said , from an ethical point He deserves his red card
but the italian guy ( who aleady confessed insulting him btw ) also deserves a punishment if we use video again and decrypt what he said

we lose our captain and best player with some time remaining and clearly the italian team was about at its limit...
Bakaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 05:40   Link #928
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

The 5th referee, who is somewhere outside the field and doesnt have to follow the ball, did see it and reported to th emain ref. They didnt use video at that time.
Using video for the followup examinations is the usual thing to do. If theres something on video which noone saw during the game, a player can still punished for that, just look at what happened to Frings a couple of days after the game Ger:Arg.

They said in the news just now, that if it would be proven that Materazzi said something racistic, it would lead to a disqualification of the italian team. That is VERY unlikely though, because lip reading isnt a sure thing at all...
Personally I dont think Zidane wouldnt have made a difference in the end. All those guys who say with Zidane still in the game the french wouldve scored in the last 10 minutes for sure are idiots. Noone knows what wouldve happened, but the italians arent newbies, they wouldve kept their goal clear anyway. Its France fault to let it end in the penalities. At that time its 50:50 and luck matters 10 times more than a star player like Zidane.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 06:27   Link #929
Bakaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky
after the game
here s the difference

then as u said everything is possible with "what ifs..."
we could score a goal or not
no one knows but the possibility is there
basically u say
Quote:
All those guys who say with Zidane still in the game the french wouldve scored in the last 10 minutes for sure are idiots.Noone knows what wouldve happened,
and then lol
Quote:
the italians arent newbies, they wouldve kept their goal clear anyway.
so someone knows after all
Bakaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 06:46   Link #930
Blablabla

Quote:
All those guys who say with Zidane still in the game the french wouldve scored in the last 10 minutes for sure are idiots.
And the ones who are saying the opposite aren't smarter...

Quote:
Noone knows what wouldve happened
Sure but...

Quote:
but the italians arent newbies, they wouldve kept their goal clear anyway
Lol too...
Old 2006-07-13, 07:01   Link #931
real folk blues..

maybe france wouldn't have scored in the last ten minutes of the game. but zidane in himself gives a lot of belief in the squad, and him taking a penalty certainly would've given the french extra zest.
but man oh man, how cruel was that final. there is no justice in this world is there? materazzi provoked zizou, he even scored a penalty..haha..
but in all honesty, it wasn't a *wow* final anyway. kind of an anti climax for me.
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-13, 07:20   Link #932
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Ok... so I missed the word "probably" (because I didnt know it, I just had to look into a dictionary ). But the thing I wanted to point out is, that those people make a fact out of this. There are countless news texts now that go like "Its Zidanes fault the french lost, if he didnt do that thing they wouldve won!!!!!". And whoever writes that is really an idot (repeat). Those superstars dont make that much difference.

Also its not like the french fucked up at the penalties! They scored every shot except one, that went under the crossbar. That one couldve been in if the shot was just 1 cm lower. Where did they show uncertainty?
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 10:48   Link #933
Blablabla

For those who understand frensh here is a song written the monday after the final :
http://lexpress.fr/mag/sports/dossie...asp?ida=442855

The song is a "parody" of an other (stupid) one "Zidane y va marquer" (Zidan will score) and it says "Zidane y va frapper" (Zidane will hit).
Old 2006-07-15, 02:10   Link #934
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...373882&cc=4716

The verdict's finally in.

Juventus - Relegated to Serie B. Start new season with minus 30 points. Serie A titles won in 2005 and 2006 will be stripped.

Fiorentina - Relegated to Serie B. Start new season with minus 12 points.

Lazio - Relegated to Serie B. Start new season with minus 7 points.

AC Milan - Remain in Seria A, but banished from all European competitions (Champions League as well as UEFA Cup) and start new season with minus 15 points.

The new Serie A season is going to be quite confusing.

According to this Serie A league table
http://www.rsssf.com/tablesi/ital06.html

Three of the four Champions League spot and one of the three UEFA Cup spots will be vacated.

Inter (3rd, originally CL qualifier) and Roma (5th, originally UEFA Cup) would be the biggest beneficiary, taking the first two automatic CL spots. The remaining CL qualifying spots will be taken by Chievo (7th, originally UEFA Cup) and Palermo (8th, originally no European football for them).

And moving downwards, the teams ranked 9-11 (Palermo, Livorno and Empoli), who originally weren't expecting any European football, now find themselves in the UEFA Cup.

I don't know about the status of those clubs that were supposed to be relegated (Messina, Lecce and Treviso) and those about to be promoted from Serie B. Maybe the Italian FA would shrink Serie A back to 18 clubs just to accomodate this earthquake of a verdict.

A major exodus of players from Serie A wanting to play CL football may begin soon, who knows, Patrick Viera might just return to Arsenal. o_o
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 06:28   Link #935
real folk blues..

for what reason has AC milan avoided relegation?
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 06:34   Link #936
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
The reason is called Berlusconi.
Old 2006-07-15, 09:15   Link #937
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
For those who understand frensh here is a song written the monday after the final :
http://lexpress.fr/mag/sports/dossie...asp?ida=442855

The song is a "parody" of an other (stupid) one "Zidane y va marquer" (Zidan will score) and it says "Zidane y va frapper" (Zidane will hit).
Well, I have to say this one is quite fun.

(Mais je te croirai pas si tu me dis que ça passe à la radio. )

AvatarST : You're completely right, even kicked out as a president of the republic, Berlusconi is still a very good reason.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 10:17   Link #938
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Juventus - Relegated to Serie B. Start new season with minus 30 points. Serie A titles won in 2005 and 2006 will be stripped.

Fiorentina - Relegated to Serie B. Start new season with minus 12 points.

Lazio - Relegated to Serie B. Start new season with minus 7 points.
That's just the main sentence. Now the clubs have 5 days to recur. On July 25th there should be the final sentence.
While the substance should not change, it's possible that the "minus point" for next season could be reduced.
Though I am merely guessing.

Quote:
AC Milan - Remain in Serie A, but banished from all European competitions (Champions League as well as UEFA Cup) and start new season with minus 15 points.
To be precise, Milan was penalized of 44 points on last season. So they went from their former 88 points, to 44.

While Juve, Fiorentina and Lazio were just declassed on last place. (both three of them)

Quote:
And moving downwards, the teams ranked 9-11 (Palermo, Livorno and Empoli), who originally weren't expecting any European football, now find themselves in the UEFA Cup.
Sounds absurd, but since Empoli doesn't have the pass to partecipate on European Cups, it would turn out that Milan would gain that right again, in Uefa Cup. The judges didn't know about this detail, otherwise they would have deducted more points to Milan, since their sole purpose was to ban them from Europe next year.
Empoli have now asked the licence, but it's difficult to obtain because they're short of time.

Quote:
I don't know about the status of those clubs that were supposed to be relegated (Messina, Lecce and Treviso) and those about to be promoted from Serie B. Maybe the Italian FA would shrink Serie A back to 18 clubs just to accomodate this earthquake of a verdict.
Nope. Messina, Lecce and Treviso will just replace Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio. That's it.

Also be aware that new investigations are being done about other teams (Serie A minor teams), and they may risk to be declassed as well.
So the Serie A as it is composed now, is not that official. The season should start on august 27th, but a delay is quite likely.

Quote:
A major exodus of players from Serie A wanting to play CL football may begin soon, who knows, Patrick Viera might just return to Arsenal. o_o
That's likely, so as Real Madrid (Capello) is asking for Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Emerson. And Juventus would prefere to sell their champions outside Italy.

And Milan, having avoided the Serie B, have saved Kakà, Gattuso and Pirlo (otherwise going away) and are now going to put their hands on Gianluigi Buffon as new goalkeeper.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-07-15 at 13:28.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 13:35   Link #939
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Arsenal vs Ajax at the opening of the new Emirates Staduim!!!!

2-1 to Arsenal, great goals by Henry and Kanu

It was wonderful to see all the old players back wearing the red and white shirts, from David Seaman to Ian Wright.

Thank you Dennis Bergkamp, have a great retirement!
________
Motocompo

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:22.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 19:36   Link #940
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
Just when you think the world cup ain't over, here is a special attack
Lol. Didn't really notice the "charging up" Zidane did before the attack o_0

But he's definetly the hero of that match <3

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-07-22 at 20:07.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer