AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-11, 00:23   Link #2261
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Welcome to the Nanoha universe. -_-
Where ten-year olds are considered mature enough

Quote:
The term is used for Married womans, divorced, single mothers or widow womans.

The term for single woman or too young woman should be "lady" (Lady Takamachi)

Of course, these expressions are way to polite, mostly used when referring to persons with
a high rank (economic mostly, as example) and it's not very used in common society on these days.
Huh, I wonder which category Percia would fit to? It's not like there was ever any mention of Alicia's father...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Lady Takamachi... That associates with nobility. I wonder how well Nanoha would do if she were born in the Belkan Era...
Come to think of it, maybe the correct title would be Captain Takamichi, considering that she seems to be happily married to the job

New question: Where do they place a magical limiter on mages? And just how potent(can reduce to how many levels) is it?

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-08-11 at 00:46.
Old 2010-08-11, 00:50   Link #2262
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Was there ever a set number of Relics in StrikerS? I know they were numbered and that Lutecia was looking for a particular one, but I don't recall them ever accounting there to be a set amount.
Old 2010-08-11, 03:27   Link #2263
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
New question: Where do they place a magical limiter on mages? And just how potent(can reduce to how many levels) is it?
They're placed on the devices and barrier jackets (I think). Can't tell ya about the second question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Was there ever a set number of Relics in StrikerS? I know they were numbered and that Lutecia was looking for a particular one, but I don't recall them ever accounting there to be a set amount.
As far as it has been discussed, there is no clue or official information about that (maybe at the sound stages there's something but I'm not sure), in my personal opinion, it's just another pointless and wasted plot from StrikerS poor script.
Old 2010-08-11, 09:24   Link #2264
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
New question: And just how potent(can reduce to how many levels) is it?
Lutecia, in StrikerS, is an S-rank summoner. Her limiter puts her at D-rank in power.

So, that should tell you something about how far they can go.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-08-11, 09:24   Link #2265
Amaterasu1963

Quote:
And just how potent(can reduce to how many levels) is it?
Maximum is unknown but it's at least 6 levels. Lutecia was reduced from S to D.
Old 2010-08-15, 15:56   Link #2266
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Has it been confirmed whether Vivio lost the Saint's Armour? Is the Barrier Jacket she manifests in ViVid a watered down version of that armour?

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Old 2010-08-15, 16:01   Link #2267
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

If I remember right, the Saint's Armor is intrinsic to Kaiser's bloodline, so she naturally has it at all times. That isn't to say she can't be beaten up; she's just a lot hardier than average.
Old 2010-08-15, 16:07   Link #2268
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
The version she uses in ViVid is her Saint Armor (I think it's called by that name in the manga somewhere), minus the power boost by the Relic.
Old 2010-08-15, 16:09   Link #2269
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Which apparently makes Einhart some sort of mutant nuclear weapon in moe form, given how she pretty much trashes Vivio time...after time...after time...

(Actually, come to think of it, "Saint's Armor" pretty much has to be switchable or else Vivio would be untouchable...literally...in Strike Arts practice, or like in the first fight in ViVid where they aren't wearing Barrier Jackets of any kind or using full-power magical-martial-arts and Ein still knocks our heroine into fluffy-tweeting-birds-land.)
Old 2010-08-15, 16:14   Link #2270
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
But back when she was a little thing, Quattro seemed confident that Vivio could survive having her helicopter blown up by Dieci's big freakin' gun, so there seems to be an automatic aspect to it as well. Or I suppose Quattro could have just been wrong... wouldn't have been the only time that season...

How does the Saint's Armor work anyway? Is it like Barrier Jacket+, or an aura she lets off, maybe a natural toughening of her body... they really ought to have explained it more thoroughly in StrikerS...
Old 2010-08-15, 16:54   Link #2271
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Amusingly, it's been defined what exactly the Saint Armor is. Even canon itself blatantly says 'nobody knows whether the Saint Armor is an invisible field or the Barrier Jacket' in the booklets.

No really, I'm not joking. Here:

Old 2010-08-15, 17:01   Link #2272
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

... ... so the canon explanation for the abilities and form of the Saint's Armor is, basically, "Eh, we're not really sure."

Wonderful.
Old 2010-08-15, 17:16   Link #2273
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Amusingly, it's been defined what exactly the Saint Armor is. Even canon itself blatantly says 'nobody knows whether the Saint Armor is an invisible field or the Barrier Jacket' in the booklets.

No really, I'm not joking. Here:

Adding further interest, the third possibility listed doesn't make any sense, because if it's the protective garb she gets when becoming a "Relic Weapon," then...um...how would it work before she gets the relic implanted in her (i.e. when she (a) broke out of the transport truck, and (b) why Quattro anticipated it would protect her from Deici's shot). Of course, it's also the perfect set-up to explain why she doesn't get the benefit of it once the Relic has been extracted ("Oh, that? No, her basically broken defensive super-powers don't work any more, so we don't have to bother writing about them.").
Old 2010-08-15, 18:24   Link #2274
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Adding further interest, the third possibility listed doesn't make any sense, because if it's the protective garb she gets when becoming a "Relic Weapon," then...um...how would it work before she gets the relic implanted in her (i.e. when she (a) broke out of the transport truck, and (b) why Quattro anticipated it would protect her from Deici's shot). Of course, it's also the perfect set-up to explain why she doesn't get the benefit of it once the Relic has been extracted ("Oh, that? No, her basically broken defensive super-powers don't work any more, so we don't have to bother writing about them.").
Nanoha's SLB destroyed all the energy stored in Vivio's Sankt armor, and it's still recharging (but waaaaaaaaaay too slowly as she isn't using any of the conscious spells to do it)!!

Old 2010-08-15, 18:31   Link #2275
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
... ... so the canon explanation for the abilities and form of the Saint's Armor is, basically, "Eh, we're not really sure."

Wonderful.
Which is why the best route to take is just to ignore it altogether. Which seems to be what canon is doing too. No mention of the Saint Armor has been made in Vivid in any form whatsoever.
Old 2010-08-15, 19:50   Link #2276
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Actually... as a fanfic writer, I really shouldn't complain. The less explanation they give for the Saint's Armor, the more I can screw around with it if/when I ever decide to do a Vivio-centric fic. So stay vague, canon!
Old 2010-08-16, 03:58   Link #2277
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Does the term "Air Mage" refers to those who can fly or those who are good at it?
Old 2010-08-16, 05:14   Link #2278
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The term is used for mages in the air division, not to denote whether they can fly or not. One can be a ground mage and still be able to fly, such as most of RF6 in StrikerS.
Old 2010-08-16, 06:52   Link #2279
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The term is used for mages in the air division, not to denote whether they can fly or not. One can be a ground mage and still be able to fly, such as most of RF6 in StrikerS.
I see. Of the four StrikerS cast(Teana, Erio, Caro, Subaru), which one can fly on their own, walk in magical air platforms, or just jump really high?
Old 2010-08-16, 07:09   Link #2280
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I see. Of the four StrikerS cast(Teana, Erio, Caro, Subaru), which one can fly on their own, walk in magical air platforms, or just jump really high?
Subaru has "Wing Road", Erio can essentially travel too fast for gravity to matter with his more speedy strikes. Caro and Teana never showed any flying aptitude (at least in StrikerS), though obviously Caro can ride a summon.