AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-23, 09:20   Link #1
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Ninja Senshi Tobikage Discussion

well, seeing as ep1 just got released, i thought i'd make a thread for people to discuss the episode and upcoming episodes

personally i think episode 1 introduces the characters well and shows just the right amount to make people want to see more (well, it did for me anyway )

It's a shame we only get to see a tiny bit of Tobikage (which doesnt change for a while )

Last edited by Kyoji; 2004-05-23 at 13:25.
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 10:53   Link #2
Hisoka Hajime
City Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Hisoka Hajime
It was even better then I thought it would be. The music was great too. I look forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work dude.
Hisoka Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 14:59   Link #3
TheMongoMania

I'm an big God Mars fan, and I loved the first ep of this as well. I will be looking forward to much more of this show. Thanks for putting this out.
TheMongoMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 15:36   Link #4
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
hm wuts this about?
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 14:41   Link #5
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
I love the atmosphere of the show. It's not often an anime can pull off a desolate/dystopian future, but from what I've seen so far, Tobikage pulls it off with style.

Although it's kind of weird seeing characters who are apparently supposed to be American speak fluent Japanese.

Stll though, it seems like an excellent show, and I'm glad such a profficent group is subbing it.
Invoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 14:41   Link #6
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

sorry about the delay between the episodes, episode 2 should be coming soon

also, hopefully i can get my friend in japan some money to buy me the tobikage DVD boxes before he leaves, which will mean better quality raws ^__^
Old 2004-08-04, 09:31   Link #7
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

hmmm, thought i'd revive this thread seeing as we just released Tobikage episode 2.

this episode shows us a bit more of all the characters, but it's in the following eps where it really gets good

Last edited by Kyoji; 2004-08-04 at 15:43.
Old 2004-08-05, 14:19   Link #8
Jub3i
Golden Shinobi Member

Just wanted to let you know that your work is appreciated.

Thanks for the sub.
Jub3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 04:57   Link #9
Blue*Dragon

The :Ninja Tobikage: Thread

Well I just saw the first eps of Ninja Tobikage. And to the look like there is no thread on the forum. I have started this Thread. So any questions, comments or answer may be posted in here .

I'm verry sorry if there is already a thread of this. But then I couldn't locate it

For myself I like the serie. Kinda an Gundam Wing look a like. But still a very nice serie
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 05:13   Link #10
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue*Dragon
Well I just saw the first eps of Ninja Tobikage. And to the look like there is no thread on the forum. I have started this Thread. So any questions, comments or answer may be posted in here .

I'm verry sorry if there is already a thread of this. But then I couldn't locate it

For myself I like the serie. Kinda an Gundam Wing look a like. But still a very nice serie
Well I don't think there was a thread allready but this should go into the fansubs subforum
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 05:32   Link #11
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Well I don't think there was a thread allready but this should go into the fansubs subforum
No, Blue*Dragon was spot on in the forum he chose to post in (makes a change joking). The Fansub forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs. Note it does say "available as fansubs", so until we see a torrent here on AnimeSuki, it doesn't belong there but in the General Anime forum.

Once there are fansubs available via AnimeSuki, the thread will be moved and also added to the Series Discussion Index sticky. Sometimes, if there are promos or trailers, it gets moved over sooner (My Hime, for example).

But back on topic.

Blue*Dragon, tell us about the series. Give us a description more than just the "Kinda an Gundam Wing look a like" one line comment.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 06:41   Link #12
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
No, Blue*Dragon was spot on in the forum he chose to post in (makes a change joking). The Fansub forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs. Note it does say "available as fansubs", so until we see a torrent here on AnimeSuki, it doesn't belong there but in the General Anime forum.

Once there are fansubs available via AnimeSuki, the thread will be moved and also added to the Series Discussion Index sticky. Sometimes, if there are promos or trailers, it gets moved over sooner (My Hime, for example).

But back on topic.

Blue*Dragon, tell us about the series. Give us a description more than just the "Kinda an Gundam Wing look a like" one line comment.
Well, don't wanna annoy you but you might wanna check this page

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/426.html

Seems the series is on animesuki and being subbed by Anime-Classic , so I guess it belongs into fansubs after all

As for a description of the show (for those who might be interested)

Ninja Senshi Tobikage tells the story of a boy named Joe Maya. One day, Joe, who lives on Mars, witnesses a battle between aliens. Those from Planet Zaboom are attacking the princess of Planet Radorio, she has escaped from the emperor of Zaboom who is scheming to conquer the universe and has crash landed on mars. Joe stumbles aboard the princesses ship, this starts a chain reaction of events that will alter their lives. Joe and his friends wield three powerful mecha beasts against the emperor of Zaboom and his forces, but the odds are stacked heavily against them.
When all hope seems to be lost a mysterious ninja robot named Tobikage appears as if from nowhere to provide assitance, able to combine with the 3 mechanical beasts provides Tobikage with unmatched power, with his aide Joe fights the forces of Zaboom... but where did Tobikage come from? and who controls him?"

thx to the Anime-Classic forums for posting a description
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 06:56   Link #13
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Seems the series is on animesuki and being subbed by Anime-Classic , so I guess it belongs into fansubs after all
Darn, and that was after I had checked my own Series Discussion Index sticky, somehow I didn't even notice the entry for the show there. Tsk.

Quote:
Good to see you also didn't notice there was an existing thread as well

Oh well, merged threads together.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 10:42   Link #14
Lilith
Your average fangirl

*bumps topic!*
Thanks Tomodachi for picking it up! I saw it in English dub and in Arabic dub so it's great to finally see it in its native language. I'm in love with Joe Maya, I can't believe he's voiced by Kazuhiko Inoue!
Old 2008-10-06, 16:56   Link #15
Chrno2

Np, Lilith.
I hope you had as much fun watching it as we did subbing.
Episode 2 will follow soon.

Never expected this anime to be this great of a hit. X
Chrno2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 18:04   Link #16
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Will watch this again. Have seen it in English though. XP

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 04:30   Link #17
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji View Post
sorry about the delay between the episodes, episode 2 should be coming soon

also, hopefully i can get my friend in japan some money to buy me the tobikage DVD boxes before he leaves, which will mean better quality raws ^__^
Thanks mate. Will look forward to more. I don't think the English dubbed quite showed the other episodes, but I'll admit that the dub was good.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2008-10-08, 04:49   Link #18
Casshern

Simply Tomodachi!
Tobikage is quality vintage!
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 16:59   Link #19
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Tobikage is one awesome show. XD

Last edited by metamorphic; 2009-03-16 at 13:12.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 04:49   Link #20
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Indeed. I just wanted to finish all of the episodes, which the dub didn't do IMO.

Now I wonder if I'll be able to watch them all or I'll just study Japanese and just get the DVDs...