AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-02-13, 18:58   Link #201
asutedjo909
Banpei

i like xfunx comment about these 2 mangas. yes, Clamp has made a real great and amazing job by making these 2 completely different manga together and twisted. these kind of thing can be seen as the first one in the history of manga development? i dont know if there is any manga or manga-ka that is bold enough like clamp to make this kind of development and fresh new way of publishing their story. i dont think there is any manga like this, completing each other and we reader, just becomes like in 2 different world, at the same time. I bet if we want to know and understand the full story and meaning of the story, readers have to read and follow both XXXHolic and Tsubasa Reservoir. just by reading one of them wont do enough.

right now i am in chapter 142 tsubasa and and chapter 128 XXXholic. in the book, they are developing accordingly. nice! XXXHolic becomes more clear and we can see how Watanuki becomes more and more significant.

for Tsubasa Resevoir, the story becomes darker and darker since the clash of the 2 syaorans. 3rd season of the anime will be the darker in my opinion and expectation if we can see from the manga development. i think this is the climax of the 2 stories. i can say (in my opinion) that XXXholic and tsubasa reservoir are one single best achievement and best ever-created manga that Clamp ever made^^

i will wait patiently for the story development. the darker tsubasa and more serious XXXholic.

what u guys expect from Watanuki's role here?^^ just want to know.
asutedjo909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 09:26   Link #202
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

As For Tsubasa.... Haven't really watch the 2nd Season yet... But the manga that I stopped at currently is about the 2nd syaoran going to travel... I kinda like his reply to the witch of Dimension ...

".... Someday I will get back all the things that I had given to you ..."
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 09:36   Link #203
majesticlove

whew, I have finished upto chapter 146. Quite displeased with sakura's character now though. I feel rather sad for syaoran expecially when sakura shook off his hand in the recent chapters.

I have one question though, since the clone syaoran is not a human being as he was "made," how was it possible that he was able to grow from a child to a teenager?
majesticlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 09:50   Link #204
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well... a clone is always artificial, but it remains a living being.
so it isn't really surprising it can age.

if we assume that there is a magic powerful enough to create a clone, it should be strong enough to be an exact replica of the original object/living being and so, it should have the same "functions".
Old 2007-04-06, 19:06   Link #205
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

First of all I'm surprised that no one here is getting all O________________O Oh fucking god with the latest chapter.

I'm sure everyone will join soon. ^___^
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 19:17   Link #206
Sakuya
*Artist

I seriously do not know what just happened.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 19:19   Link #207
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Me too. I'm totally incoherent. CLAMP screwing with us once again. They lead us to this very safe and happy place and then the next thing you know, this happens.
Old 2007-04-06, 19:22   Link #208
Sakuya
*Artist

Spoiler:

That sounds like X. I think the series will become even more entertaining from here on.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 21:35   Link #209
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Spoiler:

That sounds like X. I think the series will become even more entertaining from here on.
What's a CLAMP manga without major references to X?

Totally agree. I vote for Fai for having the most fucked up history that's for sure.
Old 2007-04-10, 23:19   Link #210
Reticia

Quote:
I agree
Old 2007-05-19, 08:15   Link #211
crystar
*yawns*

Haven't had a post in this thread for a while. Anyone here still keeping up with the latest manga chapters? It's all becoming quite interesting. I've recently caught up.

Spoiler for Up to chapter 152:
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 08:26   Link #212
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Edit: Posted in wrong section. Please delete.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 05:02   Link #213
crystar
*yawns*

Would be wise to use spoiler tags. For people who follow US releases who wander upon this thread.

As for your question...
Spoiler:
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 04:07   Link #214
finalnight
Supreme Commander

Sakura right now reminds me of Sakura from Naruto, whereas Naruto Sakura is hung up on Sasuke and "rescuing" him, Tsubasa Sakura is hung up on Clone Syaoran and "rescuing" him. Naruto Sakura blew off and used Naruto, and Tsubasa Sakura blew off and used Real Syaoran.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 00:13   Link #215
aikming

syaoron headache now has something to do with being in celes and watanuki. too much unclear plot.
Old 2007-07-18, 10:07   Link #216
Kenji_Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
syaoron headache now has something to do with being in celes and watanuki. too much unclear plot.
yeah i was wondering that too
gosh they should just dump the damn clone lolz
the real one is so much more stronger
Kenji_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 10:20   Link #217
aikming

yes, the real one is a lot stronger. Though they haven't show the potential of the clone, except the ruthless side. The real syaoran is a magic user and he was supposed to be to be killed by Yui (the "fai" that travel with them) from the first curse. But Sakura prevented that. Nevertheless, that would show that real syaoran is a both a warrior as well as a magician.
Old 2007-07-23, 09:55   Link #218
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
Spoiler for strange pin point that was pointed out in xxxholic about Syaoran's passing out and headaches:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:14   Link #219
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
[spoiler=strange pin point that was pointed out in xxxholic about Syaoran's passing out and headaches] apperantly something about Watanuki's date of birth has to do with it, Sakura, Syaouran and Watanuki share the same b-day date
Yes, there's something connected betweeb Sakura, Syaoran and Watanuki. In fact syaoran had paid for the price to keep watanuki alive in xxxholics. In tsubasa, it was mentioned that syaoran had paid price for a number of things as well.

I heard that chapter 161 would feature watanuki and syaoran as the cover page. That would certainly mean watanuki is a vital component in the Tsubasa chronicle story. Watanuki has been playing cameo role so far until recent chapters that suggest syaoran paid the price, watanuki met sakura in dreams and watanuki & syaoran seem connected.
Old 2007-07-24, 08:31   Link #220
LolitaDecay
Kotomi Fangirl~

Send a message via MSN to LolitaDecay
I love the manga for Tsubasa but I have to say I found the anime rather dissapointing, I didn't like the style...
But anyway Tsubasa is another one of those great creations by CLAMP, they never cease to amaze me. I haven't read all the manga yet so I'm not quite up to date with the story. I only have another 30 or so chapters to go ;]

Tags
clamp