AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-07, 00:43   Link #13441
Preciize
Them Feels~

Just found out Medaka Box had ended ... so many series seem to be finishing up this year. But I'm glad to see that Medaka and Zenkichi are together, though Medaka seems pretty cold for most of chapter 192. Did something happen to her? I know they all lost their abilities. Looks like I'll have pick up from where I left off ...
Old 2013-09-09, 05:49   Link #13442
Valid

So the Medaka Box page updated on the shonen jump website and I found this image, does anyone know where it comes from?
Spoiler for picture:
Old 2013-09-09, 17:04   Link #13443
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

That image is from the Medaka Books Guidebook set that came out this week. Available from all good Japanese bookstores. 2 books, one a 'picture book' (a typical guidebook, though the complete color illustrations is welcome) and one a 'dictionary' (all text from Nisio).
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 03:10   Link #13444
silvercover
Romance Expert

good loser kumagawa chapter.
well I managed to loss some of my annoyance on him at least, I think its thanks to sukinasaki being one of the few to actually stir kumagawa and being as he said, a unique individual that may have been able to stir up ajimu as well.

oh and it also lessened my annoyance on the manga. just a little.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 03:13   Link #13445
kazzuya13

It didn't change the image all that match.
Old 2013-09-22, 03:44   Link #13446
silvercover
Romance Expert

she's not scarred nor impressed by kumagawa, but is also humble and casual towards him. what I like about her is that she ignores his weird personality and his weird powers, which I believe that made kumagawa think she could change ajimu.
its sort of like medaka's belief, except that she accepts all the labels(normal, plus, minues, evil, good, etc.) rather than disregard them like medaka(who believes "everyone is inherently good" cliche) as their own, so she has like little to no expectations or impressions of anyone to form bias judgement.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 17:55   Link #13447
Lupus753

Too bad this answers very few of the many, many questions the series ended with. It didn't even answer where Kumagawa went, because no one can find him.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 23:04   Link #13448
Preciize
Them Feels~

Just did a marathon to finish this series. Man, what a bittersweet feeling! Like I said in my post before, glad that Medaka and Zenkichi and finally be together ^^ Usually I feel a bit depressed after finishing a series but surprisingly I feel pretty happy right now. Guess it's cause there's actually a clear happy ending.

But I wonder what happened to Ajimu and Kumagawa and what they wrote on their cards to Medaka. I do wish we could have learned more about Kumagawa and his motives.

Last edited by Preciize; 2013-10-01 at 00:55.
Preciize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 15:31   Link #13449
Lupus753

I'm sad that I can't be sure that they actually stay together, since the manga just ends there and they've promises to each other before.

I'm pretty sure that Kuma and Ajimu's messages are on the last page of 192. I wonder what they mean about seeing us again.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 16:48   Link #13450
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
I'm sad that I can't be sure that they actually stay together, since the manga just ends there and they've promises to each other before.

I'm pretty sure that Kuma and Ajimu's messages are on the last page of 192. I wonder what they mean about seeing us again.
Well they've just always rejected each other until the end. It's pretty much implied they'll get married regardless of who wins. Of course, something could happen to them and they become separated again but if that was the case the author would have already done that. Unless he makes a sequel about them in the future, they're together as of now.
Old 2013-10-01, 21:01   Link #13451
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I`m just hoping the Author would remake this manga... or he just need make alternate universe medaka box like "Hitoyoshi Zenkichi`s Downfall or MadScintist Naze Youka"

Btw, whats wrong with the tags? Harem?
who is this harem king?
Old 2013-10-01, 23:20   Link #13452
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
I`m just hoping the Author would remake this manga... or he just need make alternate universe medaka box like "Hitoyoshi Zenkichi`s Downfall or MadScintist Naze Youka"

Btw, whats wrong with the tags? Harem?
who is this harem king?
Yeah, I'd like to see some kind of continuation of this series in the future

I think the harem tag might be referring to Medaka. There were a bunch of suitors chasing her after all.
Old 2013-10-01, 23:43   Link #13453
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

^Medaka`s harem? somehow.... i must refuse that
well,actually i want to make fanfiction about medaka box...
the title is "Hitoyoshi Zenkichi`s Downfall"....though i still thinking about the title and story
Old 2013-10-02, 02:17   Link #13454
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Man this was really a great series, with a great story and a lot of great characters
I'm gonna miss it so much
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 08:25   Link #13455
Westlo
Lets be reality

Kumagawa da gawd strong arms his way into the jump game.

Bu-bu-bu-but Zen is the main character.

Ah must be saving him for the sequel.

Edit - OMFG he's only a support character *tableflip*

Actually pretty hilarious since Zen would've been the perfect support character, except no one cares about him.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 08:31   Link #13456
Breimoon

well , i do prefer Zen to Kumagawa. Though the mc is Medaka.At most Zen is the 2nd MC.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 09:21   Link #13457
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby

Better but smaller scan.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 17:18   Link #13458
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Actually pretty hilarious since Zen would've been the perfect support character, except no one cares about him.
Except Zen has been the support character and no one especially Medaka payed attention to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
well , i do prefer Zen to Kumagawa. Though the mc is Medaka.At most Zen is the 2nd MC.
Me Too. It is just Zen doesn't Medaka and Kumagawa's plot hax.
Old 2013-10-14, 04:32   Link #13459
Kinali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's kinda a funny but I felt that by the end of the series fans started caring more about Zen than Medaka and she was the main character. Either way Zen just wasn't OP like them so I understand why he's not there.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 17:40   Link #13460
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali View Post
It's kinda a funny but I felt that by the end of the series fans started caring more about Zen than Medaka and she was the main character. Either way Zen just wasn't OP like them so I understand why he's not there.
Zen is the lancer/sidekick to Medaka's shonen hero, he is not important to the narrative and the spotlight avoids him. Zen fans liked him for the similar reason why fans like Kumagawa, he is the underdog in the truest sense that he is up against the most OP characters in the series.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council