AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-04, 10:54   Link #61
Garius

Haha I just saw that like right now. The trailer looks great, I love all that blood squirting out haha, It just looks too much like a hack and slash game.

Can someone tell me what the bottom screen is for? Is it to regulate the flow of yoki or something? To make you stronger or weaker?

This game looks awesome. I'm defiantly going to import it when it comes out.
Old 2009-02-04, 12:33   Link #62
MisterJB
Warden of the West

thanks Kraga.

It would be awesome if in the gameplay you could went over that red line and Awaken
Old 2009-02-04, 12:57   Link #63
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garius View Post
Haha I just saw that like right now. The trailer looks great, I love all that blood squirting out haha, It just looks too much like a hack and slash game.

Can someone tell me what the bottom screen is for? Is it to regulate the flow of yoki or something? To make you stronger or weaker?

This game looks awesome. I'm defiantly going to import it when it comes out.
The bottom screen looks like you can control how much yoki you are using.

Looks cool.

I wonder if you only play as Clare though.
Old 2009-02-05, 02:57   Link #64
zato_1one

I hope I can play this with emulator.
Old 2009-05-08, 02:58   Link #65
Kraga

Spoiler for size:
Old 2009-05-08, 08:00   Link #66
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Hmm, wonder where all that cg stuff comes in.
Old 2009-05-08, 08:29   Link #67
Firstblood
...I like Claymore

Heh, I wish they were working on a Claymore RPG similar to the Fallout 3 game, or Oblivion, I thought that might've been fun, but hey the DS is a start.

Hopefully they decide to make a game for the xbox wii or pc...
Old 2009-05-08, 09:29   Link #68
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
Heh, I wish they were working on a Claymore RPG similar to the Fallout 3 game, or Oblivion, I thought that might've been fun, but hey the DS is a start.

Hopefully they decide to make a game for the xbox wii or pc...
I wish there weren't such a game. Fallout 3 sucks. I've never played more stupid game. Oblivion I didn't even want to touch.

As for Claymore game, it looks great. Sadly it's not on a PC.
Old 2009-05-08, 18:01   Link #69
Firstblood
...I like Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I wish there weren't such a game. Fallout 3 sucks. I've never played more stupid game. Oblivion I didn't even want to touch.

As for Claymore game, it looks great. Sadly it's not on a PC.
Ah, you misunderstand, I guess I meant that as in the character customization( if creating your character was an option ), I really want it to be an action rpg though. You can go through and do different jobs and earn new ranks etc...
Old 2009-05-19, 09:38   Link #70
Kraga

Spoiler for size:
Old 2009-05-19, 11:47   Link #71
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I gotta be honest and sum my thoughts about this game in one sentence: What's the point?

The manga is not finished: Does that mean it's just gonna change things like the anime in horrifying ways? It's certainly feels that way: Some of the characters you can play(RUBEL?! Does he have an alternate dragon-kin form? XDXD) just confuse me, and I'm actually getting anime vibes just looking at this. You can play as Priscilla for instance....aside from being mentally unstable and showing her awakened form only a few times, what's the point? She's unstoppable to all but Teresa(right now). Weakening her for gameplay purposes just makes it worse.

Maybe it's just because they're isn't enough actual information on it, but I just don't understand where they're going with this and why. The idea of a Claymore game felt cool enough when It didn't exist, but now I'm wondering if it was worth it. Some concepts looks cool enough I guess, (the Yoki bar for instance). Does Yagi even have a say in this game? If he were actually helping it out, then it may turn out to be decent.

.....good grief you can play as Rubel, I can't get over that. If you can play as him of all people, what about the Abyssals? or even Raki? He, who doesn't have any Yoki inside him, could have an interesting battle system of his own.

And the cutscenes....I don't want to nitpick, I know the DS is far from the best in graphical power, but....Ophelia looks great, Rigardo looks okay, Clare and Riful....do not I guess I just didn't expect the characters to look so bland-looking.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-05-20 at 01:56.
Old 2009-05-20, 00:31   Link #72
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Unless Yagi decides to do something akin to Berserk's reveal (about the Idea of Evil in the extra materials) in the game. Now, that would change a lot of things.
Old 2009-05-20, 14:39   Link #73
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
And the cutscenes....I don't want to nitpick, I know the DS is far from the best in graphical power, but....Ophelia looks great, Rigardo looks okay, Clare and Riful....do not I guess I just didn't expect the characters to look so bland-looking.
That's not Riful. It's the AB that Ophelia killed.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:01   Link #74
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
That's not Riful. It's the AB that Ophelia killed.
Oh? I guess that makes sense.

But why would that scene be in the game to begin with? Do you play as Raki trying to survive from Ophelia? or do you play as Claire trying to regenerate before he dies? Or is it just going to be one long cutscene until you presumably play as Ophelia killing the Awakened.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think the manga just can't be made into a game. Not that it isn't good enough, but their are certain liberties you take with making games and the manga is just too different. When you think about, it's not like their are a whole lot of big battles in Claymore. If this game is supposed to be a side-scroller, you need alot of enemies to fight...but the only real true enemies are Yoma and Awakened....but it's not like theirs an endless amount. It's a big deal when a warrior has to fight more then one at any given time regardless of strength(which is why the War in the North was such a big deal), the designers can't just spawn a whole bunch.

Let's assume for a minute that one of the early levels, you play as Clare hunting Yoma...what, does that mean theirs a whole level where you're just walking to a village? If they make Yoma along the way for the player to fight, it's even stupider and doesn't make much sense.

The only good thing I can think of off the top of my head on why this will be any good is that, assuming they actually follow the manga, we'll be able to see cutscenes beyond Pieta unlike the anime which veered off course. They REALLY need to get creative with this game if it's going to be any good, but I don't have any high hopes.
Old 2009-05-30, 05:00   Link #75
MisterJB
Warden of the West

It has been confirmed

After you clear the game with Clare, you can play with Miria. I suposse that after Miria, you'll be able to play as Helen and Deneve, and going on...
Old 2009-05-30, 10:21   Link #76
hell88
Banned

Sounds cool, I wonder if we can play as Jean?
Old 2009-05-30, 14:18   Link #77
Ryus
The One Eyed King

How much does a DS cost and their games? I must get ASAP once its available in the states.

However, IMHO the perfect Claymore game would be like Fallout 3; with better sword combat but like Fallout 3 being able to pause and set up attacks (both moves, where to target, and from what direction to attack from but only if your faster then them or knock them off guard) or playing in Real-time; I hate a lot of JRPGs they never reinvent anything, its always about coordinating a group attack on one over powered opponent to finish them off) and that lets you play customizable characters instead of Clare in multiplayer (if available. I want this to be a game where you play as one character but have allies who you can work with or leave to there own accord. The higher the Claymores rank the better the AI, except in Dauf's case who is just above average AI but with godly Damage resistance and health. There would be an an expansion pack that lets you play as a customizable character in single player mode that lets you choose from one of several stories to follow (like a Deneve, Helen, or Miria expansion but also a Customizable character, who would replace Yuma, LOL in the ghosts (but not be as lame/weak)).

It will be next to impossible to beat someone, by yourself, if there more then a rank or two above you, especially if there awakened. So players would have to avoid combat with higher levels, even if there exploiting you and making you there bitch (like the organization). That is until you gain allies or new powers, its all about biding your time... Also this would force you to be rude to and scare villagers so they won't try take advantage of the "claymore can't kill humans rule"
because if you do get caught, or suspected of killing them, a single digit will be sent after you.

It would have 5 huge maps, North, East, South, West, and Central lands (maybe even one land per disk ). However here is the twist (just like the manga/anime), if you leave your assigned area for too long the organization will send Raphaela after you, this game has no invisible walls (just an endless ocean) it could take months for the organization to send someone after you but they eventually will find you before your yoki aura disappears. That of course assumes you aren't assigned a mission outside your area in which case your allowed to leave your area, so you might be able to do a side mission or two before you arrive (assuming you aren't slowed down by a human companion, like Raki, whom you haven't left in an Inn but with a risk that he might follow you anyways. Human companions will need breaks and you can't kill them without the organizations wraith focused on you.). That is until you reach Pieta plot wise.

Once you finish Pieta (and your 7 years of training, which in games terms would be like gaining 20 lvls in a short period while gaining a cloaked Yoki (stealth)). Then you can freely explore the world as long as you maintain your stealth, avoid major battles which of course would effect your mental health (in game terms it would translate to your weakening, like Irene, if you avoid going into risky areas for too long and/or likely hood to awaken if you loose focus of you goal/destiny for too long; in short you loss sight of yourself if you avoid main quests for too long thus weakening your will power and therefore awakening would be come more likely if you cross you limit, even though you are a Partially Awakened Being). That would allow the game to gently push you into a fight with the AO's, the organization, and Priscilla; however not fast so you can have fun exploring, which you can still do after the main plot ends. So that way you can kill all the surviving yoma after you kill the organization. All that assumes you don't trigger the main plot at a point after Pieta in which case events will find you.

The story would have multiple endings (based on the players choices, and how will you protected your teammates); Since the manga isn't finished yet we shouldn't try to make Yagi forced into a different ending so it must have multiple endings. Hell this way Yagi could try out a few ideas that he likely has without committing to one. Please note, the dark side of this game would allow you to play as a fully awakened being (but you can only awaken after Pieta, for continuity purposes); like Fallout 3 though you still have a destiny (goal) so all this would change is how you get there. My thoughts on Clare going Fully Awakened (dark side) is a AB that can eat human food but has uncontrollable urges to eat guts every now and then, so she would target evil humans (like bandits) to eat (thus playing on a past hatred of bandits) after he will power runs out but she'd resist as long as possible; however that was just my take on it. However the expansion pack I mentioned would let you go totally evil (awakened) and let you run completely out out of control while on an eating splurge (like Priscilla and other AB, with the consequence of have other AB and the organization targeting you (and town guards, lol)). Then again it takes so long to make a video game of this scale, the Claymore manga might be finished by then...

This game would be available on 360, PS3, and PC (Like Fallout 3 available to all platforms that can support its graphics, assuming next gen consuls aren't out by then). Also note I personally wouldn't want to play as Teresa midway through Clare's story, I'd rather have these be cut-scenes or in the beginning of the game. It's fine having the Teresa arc in the middle of a Manga or and anime but in the middle of a video game I think it would cause you to lose track of your character and rob from the experience. I believe the game should start off with Clare and Teresa being Trainees so you learn skills and the organizations rules, and can have the opportunity to sneak into the organizations record room and learn stuff, Teresa will be interested with the evils done by the organization and once Teresa is dead then Clare's training with Clare being interested in Teresa. It could be done CoD 4 style, where you play as both through out the beginning (back and forth between the two every mission) only with the shocking and violent death of Teresa early in the story and a great cut-scene tying the emotional impact to Clare's character, so the player will understand that they will get vengeance through Clare's character. However then it would be impossible to do Clare's training CoD4 two characters at once style since she would be looking for info on Teresa's death which would ruin the shocker to non Claymore anime/manga fans. However Clare could be the first non training mission and Teresa's training being the tutorial.

The next two sequels would start off with the mainland invading the island with the intent on gaining control of the partially awakened beings (or fully awakened beings who are controllable). Thus having you defend the island, your friends, and fellow Claymores for the first squeal, which would be darker then The Empire Strikes Back. The following game would be you trying to wreck havoc on the main land to prevent a second strike on the island again, this second sequel wouldn't by any means end the story since you and the few Claymores on your side can never beat an empire that controls half the world.

I hope I was able to clearly able to translate my thoughts on the perfect Claymore game into these short paragraphs.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:14   Link #78
hell88
Banned

Yeah don't expect all that if not anywhere near all that in this game, it is only for the DS after all. This game is based off the anime btw, like you said their probably is a few side stories for each character. DS games are usually 29 - 40 dollars on our side of the world lol.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:30   Link #79
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
Yeah don't expect all that if not anywhere near all that in this game, it is only for the DS after all. This game is based off the anime btw, like you said their probably is a few side stories for each character. DS games are usually 29 - 40 dollars on our side of the world lol.
I'm not expecting anywhere near that from the DS game. But I can dream, right?

30-40 dollars for the games... plus the cost of a DS... hopefully it will be worth it game play wise (not fan boy wise, which it will make it totally be worth it ).
Old 2009-05-30, 15:52   Link #80
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
We should also be able to play with every single characther
Looks like on the website that we only get a handful of characters to play as, but I still hope that I can play as Jean.
Closed Thread