Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-01-20, 21:10   Link #1361
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
off topic, but didn't it start the same time as Naruto?

Technically they should have the same age group target audience

But Naruto is still doing well in the polls

Honestly though, to my understanding most of these voters are fickle 4th to 8th graders
Naruto does not have long hiatus and sketches to turn away fans.

And starting at around the same time does not mean they are targeting the same age group.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 01:10   Link #1362
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Just needed to say: I pinned the plot twist

Anyway I would think that there are still relatively strong hunters (real hunters) around. Enough to easily handle run of the mill ants anyway.

The hunters aren't really made out to be the strongest group around too. They are merely an official, recognised and "for good" group of strong people. Lots of non-hunter but incredibly strong people like the Killua's family, the spiders, etc.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 04:54   Link #1363
marvelB

So the next spoiler is out, and.... well, I'll just leave this here for now:

Spoiler:

Yeah....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-01-25 at 05:19.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 08:22   Link #1364
Targus
The Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Spoiler:

Yeah....
That's brutal. Gon really went out of his way to have reduced himself to.......that level. Hope he really will go back to normal after Alluka does her work on him, though it would be interesting if there was some catch to his restored health.
Targus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 09:36   Link #1365
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Spoiler:

Yeah....
Spoiler for 333:
Old 2012-01-25, 09:49   Link #1366
Key Board
Carbon

Oh.. I see where this is going with Pariston

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 11:55   Link #1367
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 333:

Spoiler:

Edit: Chapter's out now. I don't really have anything else to say beyond my previous comments in the spoiler tag except maybe that Pariston's easily became one of my top favorite antagonists in the series by far.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-01-25 at 16:37.
Old 2012-01-25, 17:59   Link #1368
leokiko

I wonder if he will go on a hiatus again after the conclusion of this arc? I hope not, since he's one of the best shounen writers there is. Every chapter is awesome
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 00:25   Link #1369
noktown

I wonder if Alluka's going to sleep longer after healing Gon...
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 03:30   Link #1370
tsunade666

^ I think the Zodiac had a good reason for hating him. Specially with Pariston scavenging the left over ants and that spells bad for the next hunter exam or probably he would ended up using it in the near future. But for Gin. He is the observer and he thought that among the others Pariston is a lot like the chairman.
Old 2012-01-26, 10:18   Link #1371
marvelB

^Yeah, it just seems dead obvious that Pariston is up to something sinister. I mean, while a bunch of the other zodiacs are sort of assholes themselves, at least most of them seem to have more honest intentions for becoming president. But with Pariston it's a lot more unclear. Of course it's going to raise a lot of suspicion amongst his peers.

....But then again, Togashi could be trolling all of us and it turns out that Ging was the true evil mastermind, all along. But I'd sort of like to think that Gon's papa, despite being a bit of a shady character himself, isn't exactly flat-out evil....
Old 2012-01-26, 10:42   Link #1372
ellifeedn
Thinker

Maybe Ging and Pariston are working together.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 10:57   Link #1373
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Oh.. I see where this is going with Pariston

Spoiler:
I think you're spot-on. It's clear to me Pariston has somehow figured out Gon has been healed. If he releases this information and manages to get someone to confirm it, his victory will be ensured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Was it really Alluka, they were sensing?
My first thought was, that it was Gon's power, that caused this burst of energy.
It's both, in a sense. Alluka was able to display so much power because removing Gon's nen and healing him required at least that much. It's a testament to both of their powers.
Old 2012-01-26, 11:30   Link #1374
ellifeedn
Thinker

I don't get why you think Pariston is sure to win now. When people voted for Leorio, they were moved by his dedication to help Gon and that he wanted everyone to help. I mean it's not like Leorio cared about being Chairman in the first place nor did he say what he would do after Gon is back to normal. If anything, hearing that Gon is going to be okay will greatly improve Leorio's attitude and he'll ask everyone to finish voting so that he can see his friend.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 11:53   Link #1375
tsunade666

but with the question of Pariston of what will you do "if" you become a chairman is a rather tricky one. It's asking a question of if he really become a chairman then what will happen after he healed Gon? what will he do then?

At first the tactics is by just playing it that you don't want to become the chairman and letting the others take the role which becomes a type of psychological attack with you being humble and all going out of the spot light but instead being in the spot light but what if you turned now that spot light to you and with only 2 choices. People will seriously begun to think the after result if you ended up in that spot.

Well I'm not good at explaining that stuff or even good at psychological stuff heck I'm a designer not the one who study human behavior. So I might not be telling the right words to phrase the situations.
Old 2012-01-26, 12:21   Link #1376
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I don't get why you think Pariston is sure to win now. When people voted for Leorio, they were moved by his dedication to help Gon and that he wanted everyone to help. I mean it's not like Leorio cared about being Chairman in the first place nor did he say what he would do after Gon is back to normal. If anything, hearing that Gon is going to be okay will greatly improve Leorio's attitude and he'll ask everyone to finish voting so that he can see his friend.
Because Leorio has no reason whatsoever to become chairman if Gon is fine. Once Pariston makes that clear to everybody (by getting the man himself to admit it, that's why he's asking his plans for the future), he'll win. Why would people vote for Leorio when he doesn't care about the hunter organization nor has any idea what to do with it?

The ones who were moved by Leorio's speech will be the first to change their mind. They voted for him in the spurt of the moment because they wished to help that poor Gon kid. Leorio's whole election program was this: HELP ME SAVE MY FRIEND GON. Nothing more. Now that the kid's fine, why vote for Leorio? Because he's a nice and compassionate guy? I'm afraid that's not enough to win an election.

Furthermore, the gap between Leorio and Pariston is not very big. If he can get back the floating voters he sent to Mizaistom, it'll be enough. Pariston's votes + Mizaistom's = 308. Leorio's + Cheadle's = 298.

In the end, the result of this election depends on Leorio's answer to Pariston. If he asks everyone to hurry up and vote so that he can get the hell out of here as you suggested, I'm certain he'll lose.
Old 2012-01-26, 14:17   Link #1377
marvelB

^lol, imagine that.... Leorio getting a literal 15 minutes of fame at the top spot.
Old 2012-02-01, 08:20   Link #1378
marvelB

Pardon the bump, but.... y'didn't think I'd forget to post this week's spoiler did I?

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-01, 11:25   Link #1379
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Pardon the bump, but.... y'didn't think I'd forget to post this week's spoiler did I?

Spoiler:
No, I don't think the series is gonna be over. I mean we still have a couple of unanswered questions like where is Kurapika and the Phantom Troop.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 11:35   Link #1380
kakakka

Then the "this-does-not-count" is played...

The awkward (not) meeting between Gon and Ging
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain