AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-17, 04:36   Link #1341
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
I can see Saber dating Gil and Lancer, but Rider? I'm thinking that Rider is the funny man here, maybe messing up their dates because it's not enough hot-blooded for a man

But wait, doesn't that mean we are one step closer to a Fate/Otome version? Fujoshis will rejoice on this.
*looks at Fate/Prototype* uh yeah.... rii-ight......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 08:54   Link #1342
Humbaba

I have no idea. Would have preferred something serious but okay, this is atleast something. I just fear all those Saber/Lancer or -Gil shippings a little bit if she would really date those two (although I doubt it with Gil) in the dorama CD.
I never really like haremlike elements (if usual harem or otome doesn't matter) in non-comedic shows that much. That's why I never really liked the Fate route to begin with and that's what I don't like in Prototype, although I found both of them good besides of this problem. But I think it's too early to say something about the CD for now.
Humbaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 16:17   Link #1343
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Well, it''s not really fair to judge the romance in Prototype by the little bits we saw of it. There are Action-shows with good romance implementation, Shakugan no Shana comes to mind...
Old 2012-05-20, 18:30   Link #1344
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
I can see Saber dating Gil and Lancer, but Rider? I'm thinking that Rider is the funny man here, maybe messing up their dates because it's not enough hot-blooded for a man
I can see Rider messing with Gil, so Arturia and Diarmuid can have a chivalric date in peace. He respects Gil but doesn't approve of his 'romantic' thoughts, while he seems pretty much in the big brother role for Lancer and Saber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbaba View Post
I have no idea. Would have preferred something serious but okay, this is atleast something. I just fear all those Saber/Lancer or -Gil shippings a little bit if she would really date those two (although I doubt it with Gil) in the dorama CD.
Type-Moon has already endorsed Gil/Saber endings in those video games they are involved in (in Gilgamesh's routes). In a dark way, in Fate/UC. Plus in a sweet way, Fate/TC. I prefer Saber with Lancer between them (although I'm fine with all pairings), but it wouldn't be anything new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Well, it''s not really fair to judge the romance in Prototype by the little bits we saw of it.
There is little romance in prototype aside of the 'triangle' between Gilgamesh/Ayaka/Arthur which sounds more realistic than most male main character harem type of things Nasu was forced to write (including Shirou). Gilgamesh was basically smitten by "glasses off" Ayaka who seems to have a more supernatural beauty and another sort of personality (magic). It isn't even a proper romance, it sounds like the lighter and softer Lio version fixation. It's all between Saber and Ayaka (apparently, Ayaka helped him to see the truth of the Grail years ago). Lancer likes his Master (who later dies). Rider is obsessed with his dead Master. There is no harem.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-05-20 at 18:42.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 19:03   Link #1345
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
There is little romance in prototype aside of the 'triangle' between Gilgamesh/Ayaka/Arthur which sounds more realistic than most male main character harem type of things Nasu was forced to write (including Shirou). Gilgamesh was basically smitten by "glasses off" Ayaka who seems to have a more supernatural beauty and another sort of personality (magic). It isn't even a proper romance, it sounds like the lighter and softer Lio version fixation. It's all between Saber and Ayaka (apparently, Ayaka helped him to see the truth of the Grail years ago). Lancer likes his Master (who later dies). Rider is obsessed with his dead Master. There is no harem.
Not quite, the premise is supposed to be similar to shoujo manga (everyone wants the heroine). They even joked about it.

You know the Gilgamesh and Sabre bit, but you can see there is some hints of romantic tension between Ayaka and Rider. In the script, you see Rider was laying the beatdown on Sabre and Ayaka, and he hesitated a bit when he was just about to drop the killing blow on Ayaka (remember this was the Rider to killed mountains of men). Also, Lancer admired Ayaka, and according to the script, he later joined Ayaka in the battle.

They were definitely dropping hints, but alas, nothing is development really because Type Moon has no intention of going anywhere with it.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 19:16   Link #1346
Thess

Shoujo manga premises aren't based on "everyone wants the heroine". This only applies in reverse harems subgenre. Usually the triangles are bad boy (Gilgamesh) and prince charming (Arthur). That's why it sounded like a shoujo manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko View Post
You know the Gilgamesh and Sabre bit, but you can see there is some hints of romantic tension between Ayaka and Rider. In the script, you see Rider was laying the beatdown on Sabre and Ayaka, and he hesitated a bit when he was just about to drop the killing blow on Ayaka (remember this was the Rider to killed mountains of men). Also, Lancer admired Ayaka, and according to the script, he later joined Ayaka in the battle.
Rider was Ayaka's friend and classmate for a while. That's why he hesitated to callously kill her. If anything, FSN!Rider's interest in Shirou is more blatant, ridiculous and out of blue since she doesn't even know him.

Lancer joins forces with Ayaka only because he needs a Master to put out misery his beloved Master after she became a zombie. That was the condition. I don't see how he admiring her skills necessarily involves romantic innuendo more like he did with Shirou (he tried to kill both). Subtext at best, but Gilgamesh admires Arthur's skills. Also romantic?

It doesn't sound like anything romantic going on between them, even his profile specifies he's interested in Misaya. Just like Perseus' full homolust for his dead Master.

Gilgamesh-Ayaka-Arthur triangle (or Ayaka-Arthur-Manaka too) was the only 'strong' romantic aspect, which is only fully developed with the later two. Which seems more justified than most Shirou romance in foundation (not execution since we don't know how it'll be executed). Aside of Sakura, who was messed up enough to fall for high bar jumping skills at first sight I guess.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-05-20, 20:14   Link #1347
Touko

There's no elaboration on that information.

If you prefer your interpretation, go with it, but bahamut zero's point is definitely valid.

It is perfectly reasonable to interpretate it as a potential reverse-harem as well, given Fate is pseudo-harem.
Old 2012-05-21, 00:00   Link #1348
Thess

Quote:
There's no elaboration on that information.
Of what? Rider being a classmate of her and having a one-track mind to revive his dead Master? Lancer joining Ayaka for his cursed Master and him liking his master? It's all in the Prototype book with the notes, profiles, etc.

There's zero indication that Perseus and Cu Chulainn love Ayaka.

Gilgamesh fell for Ayaka (without glasses persona) and Arthur seems written as love interest (with her older sister as yandere for him) which was also elaborated on in that book.

Old 2012-05-21, 01:13   Link #1349
Touko

You only have scene snippets, plus about 5 sentences on each character.

And you claim you know the full story? Wut? Are you Nasu?
Old 2012-05-21, 08:47   Link #1350
lightsenshi
Author

I'm sure this has been asked before but can someone drop me with a pm for a source of t-shirts?

Thank you.
Old 2012-05-21, 23:48   Link #1351
Thess

Quote:
You only have scene snippets, plus about 5 sentences on each character.

And you claim you know the full story? Wut? Are you Nasu?
...You were the one claiming that Perseus and Cuchulainn are love interests/romantically linked to Ayaka when nothing in the material suggests this aside of your speculation? Lancer is even specifically linked to Misaya. What has been revealed is the typical Nice Guy vs Bad Boy triangle with Nice Guy turning Creepy Badguy (Alter) which is pretty generic shoujo storytelling.

Old 2012-05-22, 18:31   Link #1352
Humbaba

I think we have too little information about Prototype to judge it. We also have to consider that they would probably change a bunch of parts or scenes if they would actually make a real manga or anime series of it.
And about CD, as said, eventhough I would prefer something more canon or serious I am still okay with everything as long as the servants aren't fully out of character or something, which I doubt would happen.
Old 2012-05-22, 19:05   Link #1353
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Went to Kinokuniya in NYC on Saturday.

I have to go back in the summer to get Part II for Fate/Zero. Wish they had the other Fate Material books, but I don't think they are being published anymore, or not enough for this store to get them.
Old 2012-05-22, 21:20   Link #1354
Lime soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Went to Kinokuniya in NYC on Saturday.

I have to go back in the summer to get Part II for Fate/Zero. Wish they had the other Fate Material books, but I don't think they are being published anymore, or not enough for this store to get them.
I just looked up Kinokuniya after reading this. I never knew there was a big anime/manga store in NYC. I've been to 42and street like 11 times and walked around that area and never noticed it. I need to go and check out what they have after my finals.

How much did those books cost by the way? and do they have a big selection of art books and stuff like pens or pencils?
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 12:19   Link #1355
Shadow5YA

Since Crazy Clover Club's Type Moon Complex doujin is getting scanlated now, I'm curious. How many chapters are there so far? I've only seen raws up to 7.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 20:04   Link #1356
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
I just looked up Kinokuniya after reading this. I never knew there was a big anime/manga store in NYC. I've been to 42and street like 11 times and walked around that area and never noticed it. I need to go and check out what they have after my finals.

How much did those books cost by the way? and do they have a big selection of art books and stuff like pens or pencils?
They have a lot. The anime stuff is upstairs. I didn't see pens or pencils but they have manga, light novels, art books and other Japanese books that's not anime. It's really surprising how much smaller the manga is in Japan and how small the light novels are. It's no wonder the publishing is cheaper - it's less paper!

And Material $54.60, Zero $39.00 and Tony $39.99.
Old 2012-05-23, 23:36   Link #1357
Lime soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They have a lot. The anime stuff is upstairs. I didn't see pens or pencils but they have manga, light novels, art books and other Japanese books that's not anime. It's really surprising how much smaller the manga is in Japan and how small the light novels are. It's no wonder the publishing is cheaper - it's less paper!

And Material $54.60, Zero $39.00 and Tony $39.99.
Great, I'm definitely excited about taking a visit there. I'd like to pick up something that's related to Fate Zero there at least. Getting a look at a original light novel or manga would be nice too, as I've never seen one in person.

I tried comparing the 2 Fate books from cdjapan with SAL shipping to get idea how the prices compare. And it seems going to the store is slightly cheaper in comparison (100.00 vs 93.60). There's probably another online site that ships cheaper but that's decent enough as it is.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 15:56   Link #1358
Humbaba

In case it isn't already widely known: There will be a Waver figure by Altair as well as a Rider and Gil figure made by MegaHouse. Further some..nendos? Or whatever these will be (last pic in spoiler).

Spoiler for size:
Old 2012-05-26, 20:24   Link #1359
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

finally a gil figure. it better be epic
Old 2012-05-27, 08:55   Link #1360
Kirarakim

I am so excited that there will be 1/8 Rider & Waver figures. Too bad they are from different companies, but I am excited to have my favorite team together.

I just hope Rider won't be too expensive (I am also worried about where I will have room for him since he will be a big figure).