AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-14, 01:28   Link #341
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude54312 View Post
does anyone know where gundam seed the movie which is the sequel to gundam seed destiny is coming out? It's been over like 5 years and I want to see it come out so much.
There has been no further news of any animated sequel to SEED Destiny. For now, you can assume any planned sequel has been cancelled (or, at best, in an indefinite hiatus).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 13:35   Link #342
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, the only SEED-related news I heard was a "remastered" version coming out which usually just means updated or new animation and such...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 15:16   Link #343
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

At this point, the SEED movie is anime's Duke Nukem Forever. Maybe you'll get it in 7 years, at which point it can't live up to the hype. Though to be fair I did like DNF.
Old 2012-04-17, 04:35   Link #344
Zulu Keita

I have yet to see all Gundam anime but I have seen Seed,Seed Destiny, OO Season 1 & 2, Wakening of the trailblazer and Wing.

Out of those my favorite has to be Gundam Seed. Im in love with the characters to the max and enjoyed Destiny a lot as well.
Zulu Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 12:37   Link #345
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Yeah, the only SEED-related news I heard was a "remastered" version coming out which usually just means updated or new animation and such...
Seen some pics of the new Seed, the art is more Destiny like and I've read their are less episodes so I guess some of the useless episodes are removed.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 00:09   Link #346
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Keita View Post
I have yet to see all Gundam anime but I have seen Seed,Seed Destiny, OO Season 1 & 2, Wakening of the trailblazer and Wing.

Out of those my favorite has to be Gundam Seed. Im in love with the characters to the max and enjoyed Destiny a lot as well.
Seed has always been my all time favorite. I liked the twists in the middle through the end of the story.. and the fighting scenes were awesome too.

00 was meh, at least, for me. I just thought the characters were to shallow.

Unicorn is my favorite right now and it's the reason why I watched the UC universe before it. UC is awesome and it's background has a striking resemblance to SEED or maybe vice versa.

I just can't friggin wait for UC episode 5..
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 11:07   Link #347
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
Seed has always been my all time favorite. I liked the twists in the middle through the end of the story.. and the fighting scenes were awesome too.

Unicorn is my favorite right now and it's the reason why I watched the UC universe before it. UC is awesome and it's background has a striking resemblance to SEED or maybe vice versa.

Almost anything you find in G, Wing, X, Turn A, SEED, SEED Destiny, 00, and AGE will usually lead back to the Universal Century in one way or another. After all, that's where Gundam really got its name.
Old 2012-06-01, 07:59   Link #348
rninejr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post

I believe it was the otherwise

Seed's background has many resemblances to UC, and more resemblances for Seed Des

Unicorn is the best Gundam anime I've ever seen so far
hope the Gundam Origin anime will be good enough to tell one of the most epic Gundam pilots, Amuro Ray
Old 2012-06-01, 15:43   Link #349
Meltyred

Any new information on Gundam Origins anime?
Ever since the announcement, it seemed like nothing else came....
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 20:30   Link #350
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Any new information on Gundam Origins anime?
Ever since the announcement, it seemed like nothing else came....
Nope. Doubt we'll hear about it before AGE is finished.
Old 2012-08-03, 19:50   Link #351
rninejr

are u kidding me?

hearing those seed and seed series especially seed dest's fans say that seed series have a good, twisted story and Gundam unicorn's story is just resemble them in ways just like hearing those justin bieber fans say that their their idol is better than michael jackson, queen, the beatles, nirvana, gun'n roses, aerosmith and many legendary musicians
Old 2012-08-03, 20:36   Link #352
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rninejr View Post
hearing those seed and seed series especially seed dest's fans say that seed series have a good, twisted story and Gundam unicorn's story is just resemble them in ways just like hearing those justin bieber fans say that their their idol is better than michael jackson, queen, the beatles, nirvana, gun'n roses, aerosmith and many legendary musicians
It's funny when they say stuff like that (Unicorn merely resembling SEED Destiny, when it only does in really superficial ways), yet it's been openly said by ALL sides that SEED Destiny highly resembles Zeta Gundam (and, as I brought up, the way they blatantly copy UC-era MS and mixing it with SEED version 2.0).
Old 2012-08-04, 22:49   Link #353
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

If they can manage to do Origin with half the quality of Unicorn, I'll be happy. Those retro character designs are super cool looking in hi def.

A true retelling of MSG, with near Unicorn levels of animation quality would be what the franchise really needs to restart IMO.
Old 2012-08-04, 22:55   Link #354
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Not to mention that some things show the "inferiority" of the Guntank and Guncannon to the Gundam more; just looking at their general designs at the time like the Guncannon only having 3-pronged "hands" for instance, while also boosting the Gundam a bit beyond its simple role (like having the magnum-style cannon add-on option and such.

This really helps show more clearly how much more advanced the Gundam is compared to other existing MS at the time. Though, they also make some minor changes to things from what I've read on the manga chapters, like how the Guntank and Guncannon were around for only a little less longer than the Zaku II, so further adds on their under-performance compared to the Gundam, yet they still prevent the Gundam from being simply overpowered too.
Old 2012-08-25, 00:06   Link #355
LaSean

Don't know where to put this, especially since even though its in the UC timeline its technically not Gundam but yeah.....
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ged-production
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 05:32   Link #356
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Except that it's not Gundam.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 08:35   Link #357
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

A long time ago there was a interview published in a magazine saying it was taking place in the far far UC series. I guess they decided to change or something. Or that info was always bogus.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 12:26   Link #358
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I hope this new Project of his will be darker than anything he's done before, a true, epic kill 'em all that will put Victory and Zeta to shame...
Old 2012-08-25, 12:59   Link #359
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

But Tomino already made Ideon. :V
Old 2012-08-25, 13:32   Link #360
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I hope this new Project of his will be darker than anything he's done before, a true, epic kill 'em all that will put Victory and Zeta to shame...
I somehow doubt that, judging by what he said. But it's too early to make any claims.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote