AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-01-14, 03:26   Link #61
bond4154

Honestly speaking, I dislike both the 2nd OP and ED. I actually like the 1st OP and ED (it's funny many dislike the 1st ED; I find it surprisingly and old-school-ly addictive). When I first saw the PV for the 2nd OP, I thought that they might make the OP animation sequence a lot more hardcore (meaning faster scenes, and more mech action). Rather, they give us a really shitty guitar solo intro, and too many reused scenes. I still prefer the first two songs. XD

BTW, I really dislike's Jinn's scratchy and rugged voice.

Last edited by bond4154; 2007-01-14 at 03:49.
bond4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 19:21   Link #62
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Indeed, the 2nd OP is complete gibberish rasping. I can't make out more than a few words from listening to the song.

The second ending theme, Mosaic Kakera, has a nice rhythm going...but ALI PROJECT is special in its own way, so I'm not sure if the 2nd ED tops the 1st ED or not.
Spoiler for 2nd ED lyrics:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 19:37   Link #63
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0cubUsUovg

PV for the 2nd OP.

Though my opinion that it is not really OP material stands, this song is freaking awesome. I'm played it like 15 times...today and it's pretty much confirmed I'll be getting the CD now, just like Raion. :3
Agreed, great song that's used because its popular, but definetely not the right song for an opening at all. I'm willing to bet its going to scare the crap out of a lot of anime viewers though because its pretty loud and rocking and we haven't heard that since the 90's when anime wasn't as popular around the world, before the J-Pop revolution we see now. People will get used to it though I think.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 10:36   Link #64
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I don't really think the 2nd OP was 'total crap'. There's a certain attraction to it, and surprisingly, despite it's rock-ish tune, the music did fit some of the scenes. That being said, I still prefer FLOW's Colors.

As for the 2nd ED...Guess I preferred it a little, with it's simple yet somewhat numerous variations in pitch. Ali Project's was certainly unique in it's own ways too, but we do all have our own preferences.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 12:39   Link #65
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
I don't really think the 2nd OP was 'total crap'. There's a certain attraction to it, and surprisingly, despite it's rock-ish tune, the music did fit some of the scenes. That being said, I still prefer FLOW's Colors.

As for the 2nd ED...Guess I preferred it a little, with it's simple yet somewhat numerous variations in pitch. Ali Project's was certainly unique in it's own ways too, but we do all have our own preferences.
Speaking of Ali Project does anyone notice the startling similiarities between there opening for Rozen Maiden and the Code Geass ending they did.
Old 2007-01-16, 14:02   Link #66
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Speaking of Ali Project does anyone notice the startling similiarities between there opening for Rozen Maiden and the Code Geass ending they did.
A lot of their music has a similar feel to it, especially the recent OP/ED music they've done: (especially Code Geass and .hack//Roots) But I think the similarity is only because of Ali Project's unique sound (and the odd computer orchestra sound that they keep using...), as opposed to let's say, Yuki Kajiura who is actually just rewriting the same song over and over again.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 20:37   Link #67
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Why does everyone hate the new op so much? I LOVE it. Probabaly because i also loved Blood+'s fourth op.. I think its a great song. It may not be as good as COLORS but its pretty cool by my standards.
Old 2007-01-16, 20:44   Link #68
sakutsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
Why does everyone hate the new op so much? I LOVE it. Probabaly because i also loved Blood+'s fourth op.. I think its a great song. It may not be as good as COLORS but its pretty cool by my standards.
I don't think people really hate it. I think the root of the problem is that it doesn't suit Code Geass.
sakutsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 22:43   Link #69
Late Splinter
Sutherland Pilot

No, I hate it. Her voice leaves a lot to be desired and should be removed. Even when I saw the raw, I hated it. I don't even need to know what she's saying to dislike it because her voice, in my opinion, just ruins the song. I do like the second ending though, it's not bad.
Late Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 02:02   Link #70
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late Splinter View Post
No, I hate it. Her voice leaves a lot to be desired and should be removed. Even when I saw the raw, I hated it. I don't even need to know what she's saying to dislike it because her voice, in my opinion, just ruins the song. I do like the second ending though, it's not bad.
My friend say she sounds like a bleating goat. Perhaps he's right.
Old 2007-01-17, 04:39   Link #71
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
I love her voice, its more rough and powerful.
The song is actually bad at all. I like it more than Color (OP1).
However if they want to use this song, they need to do all the OP2 again. They need to throws away most of the shots since the color is too bright. This OP2 song need a bit darker tone.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 04:46   Link #72
anselfir
Style Über Alles

The new op isn't that bad, i listened to it twice and found it tolerable. Then again I'm usually tolerating all sorts of music, plus I was a bit out of it. It is definitely more edgy and violent though, without the mystical edge.
Old 2007-01-17, 10:16   Link #73
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
To each his/her own, I suppose. Those who absolutely think the OP or the singer is crap don't necessarily sing better or have a different definition of 'good music', while those who like it might think the haters simply can't appreciate different mediums of music. Meh, who cares? It's just a darn OP. You like it, listen to it a few more times; You hate it, just skip rather than make unnecessary comments about the singer.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 10:49   Link #74
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
does anyone know when the ending single is released ?
i have tried to look up in their site but it isnt upddated yet

btw i dont care for the opening, i will just skip it anyway ...
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 12:20   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The first time i listened to Kaidoku Funo, i have to admit that i wasen't overall impressed with it being chosen as the second OP for the series - though the more i listen to the song solo and as the opening for the series, it started growing on me. Its works for me - though i just hope they don't stick to this style for whenever they plan a third OP song.
Old 2007-01-18, 13:51   Link #76
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Kaidoku Funou is set to be released on the 31st of January, 2007/01/31, whereas Mosaic Kakera is set for release on the 28th of February, 2007/02/28.

I liked both the new OP and ED, and especially the ED. Mosaic Kakera felt a beautiful memoir of Lelouch's past; some of the new illustrations that followed with it were especially very nice.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 20:06   Link #77
Bloodseeker

Reused animation aside, I like the new OP. Maybe even more than the first one.

The new ED is really mediocre, though. Especially compared to the old one. The old one was catchy.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 20:15   Link #78
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I find the new OP horrible beyound any redemption. Somehow doesn't fit the show imo (and certainly not my tastes)... and too much time spent on the crappy Lancelot activation. I liked the first, and i liked the second OP even more, but this one is 100% skippable material in my book. I highly dislike the singer's voice as well. A grand failure.

The new Ed... it is not half bad, but i think i prefered the old one. But at least it is gazzilion times better than the OP, and i am not planning on skipping this one
Old 2007-01-24, 05:09   Link #79
ZombieSheep

Say, does anybody know the name of the music that plays at the end of ep 14.That short amount of time where it says SonyMusic and BANDAI.
ZombieSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 09:02   Link #80
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i think thats the vocalless version of the ending theme they used, aka 2ED
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music discussion