AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-04-23, 06:15   Link #29841
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The idea was that the technology is so simplistic it's not even worth keeping secret. Other than being basic model, the condition of getting it to be shipped for up-close testing was for said new model to have a mock battle with the mass produced unit favored by the requesting country.

It's a way to show off strength and at the same time not really show anything worth seeing. Also, it's planned to be something that would be sold worldwide to be a competitor against the top 3 most used IS in the world.

I had an idea that eventually, the Chinese government would send this model to ISA with its test pilot, a freshly drafted rep candidate. But she's by no means weak... she was only drafted as one because it would lessen the complications of having a personal unit... despite that unit being a mass-produced model.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 07:02   Link #29842
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

But if it's open source, everyone could copy AND refine that technology because patent don't apply....
Old 2012-04-23, 07:18   Link #29843
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The most innovative tech the thing has is shield condensers... not really something that's cutting edge or anything

Think of it like MS word and Open Office. One is closed pay to use service, the other is freeware. Each one has the same function and no real innovation, however there are still minute differences that draw different people to either product.

Basically they took a mech design that should have been obvious and made it real. The mechanism is simplistic so it didn't really cost a lot and if anyone wanted to copy and refine said tech, it wouldn't be any skin off their nose.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-04-23 at 07:30.
Old 2012-04-23, 07:34   Link #29844
Eratas123

IS tech vs Supernatural abilites: Who would win?
Old 2012-04-23, 07:53   Link #29845
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I asked that question before... the answer I got was "depends on who."

:|
Old 2012-04-23, 07:55   Link #29846
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

More like "Depends on what kind of supernatural power"

Buffy vampires/demons are pretty squishy, you need something out of Hellsing JUST so you can survive (with tiny chance even)

On the other hand, magical, intangible creatures out of classic myth will PWN i.S. like there's no tomorrow.
Old 2012-04-23, 07:59   Link #29847
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Or just take badass normals from Nasuverse. They will suffice.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:08   Link #29848
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The tourney that took place in the anime is an inter-class one, right? How come they had classmates going up against each other as well?
Old 2012-04-23, 08:10   Link #29849
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Nope, it was supposed to be individual tournament but changed to 2-woman team battle.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:13   Link #29850
Eratas123

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibOkPx_Ej30

I can just see this in IS.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:14   Link #29851
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

In that case, I'm very impressed by how other classes decides to participate anyway, knowing well that they'll eventually be going up against one of the Personal IS pilots.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:15   Link #29852
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Indeed the training and experience will be at different level, but the difference between I.S. is not that bad.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:16   Link #29853
demino_hellsin
That one guy

increasing shield density to the point of weaponization isn't too out there right?

@zero: Actually it is, because the non-personals are still at factory settings... or at least as tuned to the pilot as possible. Personal IS pilots have first shift which means the machines are tuned specifically to them. Though another thing is it's 2nd gen vs 3rd gen.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:17   Link #29854
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's how Yukihira work.

Because Absolute defense > normal barrier, it pass through like paper.

As for the I.S., remember than 2nd Gen lack the fatal flaw of Gen-3.... though I can't argue anything about Uchigane, it was nerfed on purpose after all (Trading speed and offense for defense and stability/ease of use)
Old 2012-04-23, 08:19   Link #29855
Eratas123

Well, I'm going to sleep.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:21   Link #29856
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: that's canon iteration?
Old 2012-04-23, 08:21   Link #29857
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Because it's Houki :3

I kid, I see your point. Tourney's a go then.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:28   Link #29858
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Yes, it is.
Quote:
That's right, Houki appeared in front of Cecilia and me, wearing the 'Uchigane' IS, deploying it.

Among IS that are locally produced, the Uchigane is a highly-rated 2nd generation frame. As it is a defensive model that focuses on stability, it's easy for beginners to use it, thus many countries, even this IS Academy, use it as a training model, so they're very common...all this comes from the textbook.
Uchigane lack shoulder/back mounted booster required for aerial maneuver, instead have skirt-mounted booster for hovering, and it's a bottom heavy design, a strict no-no for aerial mecha.

It's severely under-armed, only having single physical blade.

So we have a melee oriented I.S. that also lack the necessary mobility to get close, with everyone else being a glass ninja (high speed high attack) it's really a futile effort to use it offensively... which Houki did. In a team battle, Uchigane should be a tanker unit protecting a slow-artillery type like upgraded Schwarzer Regen.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:31   Link #29859
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I meant the yukihira -_-"

=))
Old 2012-04-23, 08:34   Link #29860
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

All we have is "Yukihira use shield energy", so I always assumed it was using barrier coating rather than barrier nullifier (Manga version support this). Absolute Defense also unusable, which become my basis of my theory.

I can be wrong about this one though.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest