AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-29, 05:35   Link #11701
flying ^

tsk
this is what you get for being 'mouthy' to your mother!

*link to article about a mother killing both of her childern for being 'mouthy'.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41319561...me_and_courts/

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-01-29 at 06:36. Reason: extra bit added
Old 2011-01-29, 06:32   Link #11702
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Or she was out of her goddamned mind. I think the second one is more accurate.
Old 2011-01-29, 07:53   Link #11703
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Iran hangs Iranian-Dutch woman for drug smuggling
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...70S0WS20110129
Quote:
TEHRAN (Reuters) - An Iranian-Dutch woman, arrested after taking part in anti-government protests in Iran in 2009, has been hanged for drug smuggling, the semi-official Mehr news agency said on Saturday.
Not too sure what to think about this one; don't they always use the accusation of spying when they want to put someone in jail for almost no reason ?
Old 2011-01-29, 09:38   Link #11704
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Or she was out of her goddamned mind. I think the second one is more accurate.
She was probably one of the moms which Bioware tested Dead Space 2 on. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-01-29, 09:47   Link #11705
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
She was probably one of the moms which Bioware tested Dead Space 2 on. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Bioware didn't make Dead space 2.
Old 2011-01-29, 11:25   Link #11706
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Diddy gets sued for $1 trillion

Diddy Sued for $1 Trillion, Blamed for 9/11 - The Hollywood Reporter

And here's what Valerie Joyce Wilson Turks looks like:

"I'm gonna sue Diddy for... ONE TRILLION DOLLARS!"

*cue laughter from judge and jury*
Old 2011-01-29, 13:14   Link #11707
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Japan won the Asian Cup (the soccer one) for the fourth time... it's probably worth to mention here...

Was a bit torn for the final, but i do think Japan deserve the win as they have gotten to the final more convincingly. And the goal was beautiful as well
Old 2011-01-29, 19:18   Link #11708
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
tsk
this is what you get for being 'mouthy' to your mother!

*link to article about a mother killing both of her childern for being 'mouthy'.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41319561...me_and_courts/
More details here: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/jan...-in-new-tampa/

The article I linked to shows that the two kids were not delinquents, rather outstanding academically. Combining this with the expression on her face while the cops are taking her away, the clear conclusion is that the woman is completely bonkers.

And if her kids really are mouthy to her, I don't disagree with that at all. They have a right not to be stuck with a deranged murderous psycho, even if she is their mother.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2011-01-29, 21:49   Link #11709
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
More details here: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/jan...-in-new-tampa/

The article I linked to shows that the two kids were not delinquents, rather outstanding academically. Combining this with the expression on her face while the cops are taking her away, the clear conclusion is that the woman is completely bonkers.

And if her kids really are mouthy to her, I don't disagree with that at all. They have a right not to be stuck with a deranged murderous psycho, even if she is their mother.
Aye... these were good kids apparently. Its basically just a horrible situation. and another example of our health care system utterly failing on the topic of mental healthcare (as well as most preventative care).
Old 2011-01-29, 22:07   Link #11710
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The first utter-bullshit to be published on Sunday :

Worst of euro crisis over, ministers say

Quote:
DAVOS, Switzerland (MarketWatch) — European leaders have shown they’re capable of taking the steps needed to stabilize the European single currency, allowing the euro-zone to turn the corner in the sovereign-debt crisis, the region’s most powerful finance ministers told the World Economic Forum’s annual meeting on Saturday.

Noting “indications in the market of confidence,” French Finance Minister Christine Lagarde said the “euro-zone has turned the corner.”

German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said the euro would be “stable.”

Although the lack of a common budgetary policy had created turmoil, the euro zone is well on the way to creating the tools needed to ensure the stability of the euro after taking lessons from recent bouts of contagion and volatility, he said, in the same wide-ranging panel discussion on the economic outlook, which also included British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne, World Bank President Robert Zoellick, Barclays PLC /quotes/comstock/23s!a:barc (UK:BARC 298.20, -1.20, -0.40%) Chief Executive Robert Diamond.

“We will deliver. You will see,” Schaeuble said.

European officials are debating a range of potential measures for a permanent rescue mechanism and increased coordination and monitoring of fiscal policy.

The remarks came in a week that saw French President Nicolas Sarkozy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel both use Davos to pledge a commitment to defending the euro.

The single currency has rebounded this month to trade at levels last seen in November. The rally has been fueled at least in part by increased optimism European officials are moving toward a longer-term resolution of a debt crisis that has forced Greece and Ireland to seek bailouts and threatens to push Portugal and possibly Spain.

Diamond offered a qualified endorsement, saying that the view within the banking sector is that the crisis has moved from an “acute” stage in 2010 to a more “chronic” condition today.

“I don’t think anyone is suggesting volatility in the market” is completely over, he said, later adding that the prospect of a euro break-up was now viewed as off the table.

Panel members offered a relatively upbeat outlook for global growth over the next year, with emerging economies seen leading the way.

Concerns for emerging countries have shifted to fears over overheating, inflation, asset bubbles and the potential for boom-bust, Zoellick said.

Yu Yongding, an economics professor and former adviser to China’s central bank, said he wasn’t worried about China’s short-term prospects, but acknowledged concerns over a potential real-estate bubble amid “tremendous” demand for housing.

Osborne said the unexpected 0.5% decline in British fourth-quarter gross domestic product reported earlier this week was disappointing even after taking into account the impact of bad weather. He reiterated that the government would continue to press ahead with austerity measures, arguing that trimming Britain’s debt is key to restoring long-term growth.

He said the government was attempting to remove “supply-side obstacles’ to growth. The government’s aim is to convince British companies, which are sitting on cash reserves equal to 5% of gross domestic product, to start spending, Osborne said.
Here is what they should do :

1. The British should cut down on building extra houses and convert old factories into living quarters or refurbish them for manufacturing.

2. The Germans should start making secured loans using the countries' lands as collateral. Then clean up the supply side of the equation!

3. Italy should cut back on military and housing expenditure. And do some real product exports and cut down on investment in floating financial instruments like bonds, and invest in real inventory like steel, or even cheese.

4. Ultimately, whoever is borrowing should seriously cut down on leverage because not only is it risky, it indirectly inflates the currency leveraged on. The Euro may see some hope if the borrowers FUCKING STOP OVER-LEVERAGING. Anything above 2:1 in terms of state-to-state borrowing is ridiculous - it is TAXPAYERS' MONEY, and if the position is lost the TAXPAYERS will be the one paying. Otherwise, the Euro will be dead in 3-4 years time.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-01-29, 22:24   Link #11711
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The "worst" may be over, but what will fall the euro will not be the worst, but a long period of "bad". It's enough.
Old 2011-01-30, 00:51   Link #11712
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The "worst" may be over, but what will fall the euro will not be the worst, but a long period of "bad". It's enough.
We don't know; we might get another crisis soon...
Old 2011-01-30, 00:56   Link #11713
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
We don't know; we might get another crisis soon...
1-2 years. Minimum. We are shifting towards a buyout in the Equities market now, but that is only the start.

When the money shifts OUT, that is when we get the crisis when big corp loses all their money supply during the divesting.

Old 2011-01-30, 01:57   Link #11714
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Does this mean that the United Kingdoms stand on the Pound might benefit them if the Euro falls?
Old 2011-01-30, 02:05   Link #11715
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Does this mean that the United Kingdoms stand on the Pound might benefit them if the Euro falls?
Their economy will be hammered, but yes, their country won't descend into chaos.

Though the exchange rate of the pound leaves much to be desired after that......

Old 2011-01-30, 11:00   Link #11716
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Over 99 percent of south Sudan votes to separate
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...70T0G820110130
I don't think than anybody could refuse the result.
Old 2011-01-30, 11:24   Link #11717
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Over 99 percent of south Sudan votes to separate
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...70T0G820110130
I don't think than anybody could refuse the result.
last elections in Egypt (just a couple of months ago) gave the current ruling party 95% of the votes.
general rule in voting is, that if one side of the topic gets over 90% of the votes, something is off.
Old 2011-01-30, 11:30   Link #11718
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
last elections in Egypt (just a couple of months ago) gave the current ruling party 95% of the votes.
general rule in voting is, that if one side of the topic gets over 90% of the votes, something is off.
Last I heard, there weren't any "Thousands cheered, danced and ululated" in the Egyptian case. Mubarak couldn't pay that many people to do so.

That being said, separation is no magic bullet. South Sudan has a lot of work cut out for it.
Old 2011-01-30, 11:59   Link #11719
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Egypt, being a Muslim country, poses a threat to the world if it destabilises. Radicals will move in (Iran included) and make it another hotspot in the world.

And I wish I had more real money. So I can have tons of fun scalping oil during the middle of this week. Apparently it isn't smart to divest in a long term utility, but then again, nothing beats panic on the market.

OTOH :

Looters smash treasures and mummies in Egyptian Museum

Spoiler for text:

I hope the curse of the pharaohs are still as potent as they say.

Tunisian Islamists show strength at chief's return

Spoiler for text:

Sounds like bad news to me. If a very religiously inclined person takes a political stance, he's a politician, not a religious leader. And what makes one think that he/she can wholly trust what a politician says?

Also,

China blocks "Egypt" searches on micro-blogs

Spoiler for text:

Sureeee.......breed the same kind of sheep with the same education, they will have the same level of stupidity. Of course democracy wouldn't work if the general populace are so easily influenced by wing groups led by charismatic self-serving nuts.

So, anyone wants a ride on the grass-mud-horse?

Nonetheless, Chinese New Year will be on Thursday.

Chinese ready for upheaval, sex in Year of the Rabbit

Quote:
TRADITION AND SUPERSTITION

While such traditional beliefs are widespread in Hong Kong, Taiwan and the overseas Chinese world, they have been discouraged by the officially atheist Communist Party in mainland China.

Yet superstition is common in China, and certain popular beliefs have surged in popularity following landmark economic reforms started in the late 1970s.

Chinese cities will resound with firecrackers and fireworks during the festival, which are believed to scare off evil spirits and attract the god of wealth to people's doorsteps.

There are many taboos too. Washing your hair signifies washing away good luck, while the word for "four" is avoided, as it sounds like the word for "death."

"My father says we can't pick up the red fireworks casings from the ground in the courtyard. If we leave them it will be a good omen for next year and everyone will get wealthy," said Wang Fang, 24, a Beijing accountant.

Feng Rongxin, a 52-year-old Beijing office worker, said people born in the Year of the Rabbit must wear red clothing and jewellery to ensure good fortune, and that setting the right atmosphere at home was important.

"In my family, we'll make sure the house has a decorative rabbit feel. We'll put at least one rabbit (decoration) in the house for each member of the family, and with 14 people, that's a lot of rabbits," she said.

Chinese pet shops are reporting a brisk trade in the animals.

"Rabbits are easy to take care of. People who frequently travel for business are especially fond of owning rabbits," said rabbit seller Chen Yuan.

But People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals objects.

"There's no better time to help rabbits than during the Year of the Rabbit, and you can do so by refusing to support the pet trade that causes so many animals to suffer," the group's Maggie Chen said.
Wait. How about having this one in your house?

Spoiler for Warning : Moe:

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-01-30 at 12:44.
Old 2011-01-30, 12:54   Link #11720
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
In elections, yeah, since it's unlikely one candidate is THAT much better liked. But this isn't about electing someone; this actually is an issue I can see 90% of people agreeing on. Now whether it's true or not I don't know, but I don't think what you said applies.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international