AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-03-25, 14:22   Link #121
Akachou

I don't remember... I think it was during the fillers of doom.

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 17:30   Link #122
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I first stumbled upon Naruto about eight/nine years ago in a German magazine called "Banzai". That's kind of the German version of the Shonen Jump. In that issue there was a chapter of the hidden mist arc, the one where Haku protects Zabuza from Kakashi's Raikiri.
I believe the chapter was called "Träume" / "Dreams".

I found it interesting, especially because of Sakura kneeling before Sasuke's supposed corpse and mumbling something about one of the ninja rules being never to show one's emotions, when her whole face was covered in tears.

However, since I wasn't a frequent reader of that magazine, I forgot about Naruto over time, until one time during 8th grade (ca. 6 years ago), a friend of mine asked me for DBZ-like anime-series. That's when Naruto came back to mind, and after I told him of it, he and his brother quickly became fans of the series. Still, I didn't know much about it, since I've only read that one chapter two years earlier, but when my friend one day showed me one of the first view episodes, I believe it was episode 8, I quickly fell in love with the anime. I was impressed by the scene in which Sasuke throws a Fuuma Shuriken, which was in fact a henge'd Naruto towards Zabuza.

Yeah, that was basically when I started watching the anime. Then two years ago, I discovered that all the manga chapters are to find on the internet as well, I simply hadn't known about such neat stuff before. Of course I just couldn't resist knowing what's going to happen next, and ever since I am a manga reader of Naruto.

I hope you enjoyed my little tale. ^^
Old 2010-03-25, 18:05   Link #123
Akachou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I first stumbled upon Naruto about eight/nine years ago in a German magazine called "Banzai". That's kind of the German version of the Shonen Jump. In that issue there was a chapter of the hidden mist arc, the one where Haku protects Zabuza from Kakashi's Raikiri.
I believe the chapter was called "Träume" / "Dreams".

I found it interesting, especially because of Sakura kneeling before Sasuke's supposed corpse and mumbling something about one of the ninja rules being never to show one's emotions, when her whole face was covered in tears.

However, since I wasn't a frequent reader of that magazine, I forgot about Naruto over time, until one time during 8th grade (ca. 6 years ago), a friend of mine asked me for DBZ-like anime-series. That's when Naruto came back to mind, and after I told him of it, he and his brother quickly became fans of the series. Still, I didn't know much about it, since I've only read that one chapter two years earlier, but when my friend one day showed me one of the first view episodes, I believe it was episode 8, I quickly fell in love with the anime. I was impressed by the scene in which Sasuke throws a Fuuma Shuriken, which was in fact a henge'd Naruto towards Zabuza.

Yeah, that was basically when I started watching the anime. Then two years ago, I discovered that all the manga chapters are to find on the internet as well, I simply hadn't known about such neat stuff before. Of course I just couldn't resist knowing what's going to happen next, and ever since I am a manga reader of Naruto.

I hope you enjoyed my little tale. ^^
War eigentlich ganz interessant.

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 07:26   Link #124
Nowusee
Total Coolness

Im sure i started watching it when i was 10 because Carttoonnetwork always showed it at 9:00 pm. I also started reading (only shippudden) when i was 11
Old 2010-03-29, 10:53   Link #125
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
i started watching when i ran out of anime to watch, so i decided to give naruto a go. i flipped through the first season in a week. now its a guilty pleasure for me, with all its stupid techniques and humor
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 20:44   Link #126
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
It's funny that I'm even a fan of Naruto since I used to think it was really stupid as much as just 3 years ago, refusing to watch it or even give it a chance...I was such a die-hard Bleach fan that I thought that Naruto would be the anti-thesis to my entertainment...But then maybe about 2 years ago I think I started watching Naruto...I don't know what got into me, but I suppose it was nothing more than a ridiculously large amount of curiosity...My brother used to watch Naruto a lot when it came on Cartoon Network, and I think I remember seeing the episode where Gaara fights Kimimaro and thinking it was actually kind of badass...So I watched it starting from episode one, reluctant to embrace it at first, but then getting hooked after the episode where Naruto goes one-tails mode against Haku...Continued up until the last canon episode, and became a confirmed fan when I started watching Shippuden...Then I started reading the manga during the Hidan and Kakuzu arc, since I got tired of waiting on the anime, and I wanted to catch myself up on Naruto to the date...

It's gotten to the point where I still watch/read Bleach, but I enjoy Naruto...Ironic, really...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 04:48   Link #127
doubleflamerasengan
Dont tell me..you looked

I only found out about it through a friend who had just came back from africa who knew someone who was obesessed with it and now we both like it
Old 2010-04-06, 16:25   Link #128
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Because I had no life back then...

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2010-04-10 at 22:15.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:36   Link #129
Marvx360x

I don't remember the exact date but it was after I had rewatched Dbz again. I went looking for an anime and found Elfen lied but it was only 13 episodes long. After that I started watching Naruto. The latest episode at that moment was Naruto fighting Orochimaru so like Shippuuden 45-50~ish I would guess.
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 17:05   Link #130
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
I first started watching Naruto when I saw the dubbed version of it on TV (not the English dubbed). It was Invasion of Konoha arc where Sarutobi-sensei fought Shodaime and Nidaime hokage. I then started to watch the episode from the start (of course this time it's the one with the japanese audio + English subtitles).
Old 2010-04-07, 06:08   Link #131
Kakosan

I started to watch Naruto back in december 2004. At that time my marriage had problems and I felt that we would be breaking up sooner or later (which actually happened afterwards). I was a little depressed, of course, and my little brother was interested in a very entretaining ninja story (at that time I had only watched Ranma 1/2, Escaflowne and Evangelion). I remember that he showed me some episodes of the Chuunin Exam arc and yes! It caught my attention. I started from the very beggining and I remember that we spend a lot of quality time with my brother that summer (my family lives in the southern hemisphere) catching up with the series.

After that, I started reading the manga and here I am! Love came back to my life, my brother grew up, I'm older, and Naruto series still has a little room in my heart since it helped me to enjoy and share good moments at a difficult time of my life.

There you go! Hope my story wasn't too boring.
Kakosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 09:49   Link #132
SakuraNinjaDream
Future Hokage

Well,I was on Youtube one day in July 0'9.And somehow found myself looking at a video,about how a boy died from copying Gaara in the States.So i wanted to see how 'bad' and 'horrific' the show was,and it all started from there.Altough I havent been watching it/reading it for a year I still know quite a lot about it
SakuraNinjaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 09:54   Link #133
tkdtiger

my sister showed it to me along with rave and bleach and king of hell...I actually liked rave and king of hell better but i wound up reading naruto more...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote