AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-04, 09:22   Link #41
Ryu Koshi
18591479151120:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Spoiler for some thoughts on the first episode:
Spoiler for Ohara Sayaka's character:

I was pretty surprised with how minor Tanaka Rie's character was too, although i couldn't read the newspaper heading i doubt she could've survived the zombie attack
Ryu Koshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 11:56   Link #42
Same_Shark

Mamiko Noto did a great job!

Spoiler for Torture:
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 12:19   Link #43
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu Koshi View Post
I was pretty surprised with how minor Tanaka Rie's character was too, although i couldn't read the newspaper heading i doubt she could've survived the zombie attack
I think she was in the preview for ep2, actually...
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 12:42   Link #44
vuori
The red fish is wisdom

Compared to the promising trailer, episode 1 was pretty underwhelming...

Spoiler for episode 1:
vuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 15:40   Link #45
Ryu Koshi
18591479151120:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
I think she was in the preview for ep2, actually...
That was Laura, Sayara's eyes are gold/ yellow not blue
Ryu Koshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 19:02   Link #46
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I think i'm gonna pass on this.

This show reminds me from Takashi Miike's Ichi The Killer.
(this movie creeps me out till i got me nightmares every night but THANK GOD i didn't watch at all!)
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 19:14   Link #47
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, that was one heck of a violent ride.

Now I need the subs...
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-05, 02:19   Link #48
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, that was one heck of a violent ride.

Now I need the subs...
Spoiler:
You guys know that Mnemosyne was a greek goddess. Thus why Rin seem to be able to do that.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 03:06   Link #49
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
You guys know that Mnemosyne was a greek goddess. Thus why Rin seem to be able to do that.
Well if it wasn't a major deity (starting with Zeus and the sibs), then rusty I am.

So the title is a reference to the 9 Muses? And that tree is the "Zeus figure" for this title?

That would definitely be taking "memory" one step further than the legend imo. Memory of the past did not allow you to reincarnate according to the Mnemosyne legend. It allowed you access to paradise.
Old 2008-02-05, 09:26   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just love how the first episode plays out in a early 90s setting (yeah i know when this is set). Also you have one of the best composers from the late 80s, early 90s --- Negishi Takayuki. This alone works perfectly with that setting.

If anyone has any Rin avatars going, please share.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-02-05 at 09:40.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 10:42   Link #51
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post

(from left to right) Asougi Rin (seiyuu: Noto Mamiko), Mimi (seiyuu: Kugimiya Rie), Laura (seiyuu: Ohara Sayaka), Eiposu (seiyuu: Ishida Akira) and Yamanobe Sayara (seiyuu: Tanaka Rie)
that character art image... do i see some resemblance with character art from saya no uta (game from nitroplus, which well, bloody gory and sadistic as well) or is just similiarity?
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 12:07   Link #52
flamefang

I tought the tree to be yggdrasil.
flamefang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 14:07   Link #53
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I liked this first episode, probably because of the sci-fi/mythology mix, and the 90's mood.

One thing that kept me thinking, about Rin's ability.. is at the end of the episode:
Spoiler:
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 08:14   Link #54
Siegel Clyne

Tanaka Rie Reminds Japanese Viewers of Another Tanaka

On a Mnemosyne -Mnemosyne no Musumetachi- thread at 2ch, this Japanese viewer surely hears the Major (shousa) in the voice actor (naka no hito) for Yamanobe Sayara. But the voice actor for Yamanobe Sayara, this Japanese viewer observes, is not Tanaka Atsuko?

Tanaka Atsuko voices Kusanagi Motoko-shousa, or Major Motoko Kusanagi, in Koukaku Kidoutai (Ghost in the Shell).

Another Japanese viewer follows up and informs that Tanaka Rie voices Yamanobe Sayara.

As her voice work doing adult women and teenage girls with low, deep, voices grows with time, Tanaka Rie increasingly reminds Japanese anime fans of Japanese voice actresses known for their mature, womanly voices - in particular, three highly respected ones: Sakakibara Yoshiko (Haman Karn in Zeta Gundam, Sylia Stingray in the original Bubblegum Crisis OVAs, Queen Nehelenia in Sailormoon Supers, etc.); Inoue Kikuko (Belldandy in Aa! Megamisama!, Kazama Mizuho in Onegai Teacher, Lobelia Carlini in Sakura Taisen, etc.); and, especially in recent times, Tanaka Atsuko (Kusanagi Motoko in Koukaku Kidoutai, Caster in Fate/stay night, Medlock in Soukou no Strain, etc.).

Perhaps best known to many for playing characters with high girl voices, such as Lacus Clyne in Gundam SEED and Chii (Chi) in Chobits, Tanaka Rie now elicits from Japanese viewers more comparisions with Tanaka Atsuko - famous for her low, deep, husky, sexy, mature, womanly voice, which she uses to dub in Japanese many foreign language films and television shows - than with any other voice actor I can think of.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-02-07 at 03:29. Reason: Reworded portion of this post dealing with seiyuu (voice actors) to flow better.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 15:10   Link #55
deffusse
otaku[SK]

do anyone know>> If...
The A-TX is the only one TV, airing this stuff? There is only SD thing.... HD, will be much better, A-TX isn't going to air this one in HD.
Hm, the show seems to be realy good, and it reminds me EL as well....
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 17:57   Link #56
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Siegel, Sayara is voiced by Tanaka Rie, there's no doubt about it. And she did an awesome job at it as well. I can understand why that viewer probably got confused, it's not often that we get to hear Tanaka Rie's mature/low voice. Overall I'd say that the voice acting in this first episode has been really good.

Quote:
do anyone know>> If...
The A-TX is the only one TV, airing this stuff? There is only SD thing.... HD, will be much better, A-TX isn't going to air this one in HD.
Hm, the show seems to be realy good, and it reminds me EL as well....
I don't know (gotta check the homepage), I'm atleast hoping for a quick DVD release, since that should be high quality anyway.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 18:31   Link #57
Same_Shark

It was really funny when Sayara screams "Mama!" That parts kinda makes you feel bad for her.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 21:50   Link #58
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
It was really funny when Sayara screams "Mama!" That parts kinda makes you feel bad for her.
I LOL'ed at that scene. Right now I'm just going into this show pretending that Rin a female wolverine.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 18:07   Link #59
u43368
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
that character art image... do i see some resemblance with character art from saya no uta (game from nitroplus, which well, bloody gory and sadistic as well) or is just similiarity?
When I looked at the picture the first thing that came to my mind was that it looked like Saya No Uta.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 20:23   Link #60
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

First episode was both good and bad. Great animation, great action and atmosphere, but the episodic plot might hamper this series a little.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
at-x, ecchi, mature