AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-04-16, 17:16   Link #581
K!R4
Freelance

im just curious after im done producing kara effect, whats my next step... export the video with the kara effect to ready it for encoding through AE? how you do this? because im almost done doing afx for a series im working on and dont know whats the next thing i should do.. advance thanks for any replies.

anyway, a big thank you to pichu for providing us those wonderful After-Effects Karaoke Generator (scripts); it made our life easier for anyone who has deal knowlegde with graphic designs but dont know anycoding, and crash thanks for making the tutorials.

edit: thanks thefluff, those links helped.

Last edited by K!R4; 2009-04-17 at 22:53.
K!R4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 17:54   Link #582
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=42
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48608

hth
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 13:27   Link #583
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash-kun View Post
Heres a question. Is there a setting somewhere that adds workspace setup to saved files? I've noticed that sometimes when I open another's file it will change my setup and other times it wont. I have a very unique setup and its quite annoying to have to reset it all up because I open someone else's file to help them. I suppose I should make a preset for it but my question still stands.
You can save workspace in AE, but it only applies to your global settings, in which you can bring up that perspective later on. It's not project-related.

Oh yes, trapcode form per-syllable karaoke actually works. It takes about 30min to render it (4 X 3.8Ghz cores, 4 processes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHE08bTigE&fmt=18

Text Animator apparently acts on the layer property, so you don't have to precompose. Read the youtube comments. It's a lot easier than I thought

The next goal is to fix my fixed line-timing; it's broken when I shifted from 0.4x to 0.5. It will make the layer animations more ideal. :/
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 10:17   Link #584
_Anakyn_
poopoo

pichu, could you please upload the .aep so we can have a look at it? I'm pretty lost right now because I've got no idea what 'romaji2,' 'romajiform,' and 'romajiform2' is, dude.
_Anakyn_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 16:34   Link #585
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Whats confusing you _Anakyn_? That video is just showing a new feature that pichu added (a damn handy one I might add)
crash-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 09:00   Link #586
Retsinis
New to Fansubbing

Send a message via MSN to Retsinis
I searched around for a while but couldn't find an actual answer, so maybe one of you can point me in the right direction.

I've been playing around with after effects, and using pichu's script to time my .ass with it, all is well except that some lines overlap each other.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss the big bold 60px font that tells me I'm an idiot, and have to do it "this way"? I'm not quite sure!
Retsinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 13:15   Link #587
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsinis View Post
and using pichu's script to time my .ass with it
Your timing your karaoke with After Effects?! Don't do that, Aegisub is designed to time subtitles and karaoke, not After Effects.

Anyway if lines overlap then that means that you timed the lines to overlap. Transitions often make lines overlap since they tack on a little extra time to the front and back of the line. So either your transitions need to be faster, or you timed the karaoke wrong.
Old 2009-04-26, 13:25   Link #588
Retsinis
New to Fansubbing

Send a message via MSN to Retsinis
No I time them with ASS, using pichu's script to import my timed ass karaoke, and they don't overlap in the timing. I see that it is probably the transitions doing it, thanks! I'll check that out ^_^

Edit: are you the same crash who made those afx video tuts?
Retsinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 22:47   Link #589
_Anakyn_
poopoo

crash, I know, I know what Trapcode Form is, but I got no clue about how I apply the effect, meaning to which layers I should apply it or which values I should set, cuz in his KRK layer there are 4 different layers and 2 of them contain the Form effect (instead of only one, for example). Just wanted to take a general look at the project because I can't make a general idea of it only having the codes :-) I'd need just some simple caps, I think I'd be able to handle the rest of it ;D
_Anakyn_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 04:02   Link #590
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsinis View Post
Edit: are you the same crash who made those afx video tuts?
Yes I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Anakyn_ View Post
crash, I know, I know what Trapcode Form is, but I got no clue about how I apply the effect, meaning to which layers I should apply it or which values I should set, cuz in his KRK layer there are 4 different layers and 2 of them contain the Form effect (instead of only one, for example). Just wanted to take a general look at the project because I can't make a general idea of it only having the codes :-) I'd need just some simple caps, I think I'd be able to handle the rest of it ;D
Well idk if pichu will give his aep but I can break down how I think the project file is set up based on his KRK info.

Code:
add('romaji')
.l('romaji')
.a('Animator 1',true)
.s('enabled',false)
.p('transform.opacity')
add('romaji'): This is a text layer.

.a('Animator 1',true): Makes the syllables dissapear as they are said so that 'romaji2' can kick in with the syllabes appearing.

.s('enabled',false): Hides the layer (the layer does not need to be visible when it is set as a form layer map.

.p('transform.opacity'): Make the line fade in as a transition effect.

Code:
add('romaji2')
.l('romaji',true)
.a('Animator 1',true)
.a('Animator 2',true)
.s('enabled',false)
add('romaji2'): This is a text layer

.l('romaji',true): Generates a layer for every syllable (needed for this effect).

.a('Animator 1',true): Not sure what does what but one of these makes the syllable appear and disappear (maybe split between both?).
.a('Animator 2',true): See above.

.s('enabled',false): Again hides the layer.

Code:
add('romajiform')
.l('romaji')
.s('effect("Form")(57)','layer','romaji' )
.p('effect("Form")')
add('romajiform'): This is a Solid with Form applied to it.

.s('effect("Form")(57)','layer','romaji' ): This is the new feature that allows you to make this effect. It will set the layer on Forms layer setting (its the 57th property in Form) to the corresponding karaoke layer that the script generates (very useful ).

.p('effect("Form")'): Makes all the keyframes in the Form effect normalized to line timings.

Code:
add('romajiform2')
.l('romaji',true)
.s('effect("Form")(57)','layer','romaji2 ')
.p('effect("Form")', true)
add('romajiform2'): This is a Solid with Form applied to it.

.l('romaji',true): Again generates a layer for every syllable.

.s('effect("Form")(57)','layer','romaji2 '): Again sets the layer on Forms layer setting to the corresponding karaoke layer that the script generates.

.p('effect("Form")', true): Makes all the keyframes in the Form effect normalized to syllable timing.

So yea thats the basic idea of how this karaoke works.
If any of these are wrong please correct me pichu
Old 2009-04-28, 05:48   Link #591
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Anakyn_ View Post
pichu, could you please upload the .aep so we can have a look at it? I'm pretty lost right now because I've got no idea what 'romaji2,' 'romajiform,' and 'romajiform2' is, dude.
Why must I do everything for you kids? ._.

http://stats.pichu.org/form-sample.aep

I'll fix fixed-timing later on... I'm not sure which part is broken, and which part is working... The aep uses relative timings.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 22:32   Link #592
vDrag0n

I started on AFX (again, tried a few times before nothing good). Now my question is, is there any way to CENTER the karaoke at top? I'm using Shinji's script and i applied the same pos to all lines but each line is different lenght so it kinda looks weird. Is there some expression or something to center them?
vDrag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 05:00   Link #593
Deddo
typesetting ftw!
*Fansubber

Set the position and fontsize by using the longest line as an example, then apply the properties to the other lines. They will all look okay. Some very short lines may need some tweaks if you want them to look bigger. Don't forget to hide spaces between syllables before starting to work.

If you are mastered enough, try using pichu's. It doesn't have a space problem like that and its karaoke generation proccess is like "prepare the template->generate->no need to edit anything" (of course if you know what you are doing. the only thing you might need to edit is scene timed color changes and things like that, pretty easy ^^)
Deddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 19:53   Link #594
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDrag0n View Post
Now my question is, is there any way to CENTER the karaoke at top? I'm using Shinji's script and i applied the same pos to all lines but each line is different lenght so it kinda looks weird. Is there some expression or something to center them?
Just center justify the text?
Old 2009-05-01, 23:05   Link #595
Kyrie-Senpai

hi, have a question about the script krk056b as active this step?:

in a part the tutorial is activated but what button is
Thx

PD: http://code.google.com/p/aftereffectskrk/ first tutorial
Kyrie-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 23:26   Link #596
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie-Senpai View Post
hi, have a question about the script krk056b as active this step?
in a part the tutorial is activated but what button is
Thx
Could you be a little more specific, I'm not sure what the question is.
Old 2009-05-02, 01:28   Link #597
vDrag0n

Quote:
Could you be a little more specific, I'm not sure what the question is.
I think he is asking what Numpad button to press to enter the Brackets comment.
Quote:
Just center justify the text?
I noticed that my question was pretty stupid after asking. Anyway i put Shinji's script on hold for now. Thanks to your tutorials and pichus god like scripting i'm using his script now.

So thanks to both of you

Can you use Effects with the script or only Text Animators? Also i tried to make the lines fly in with an position Animator but the script completely ignored it, or i did it wrong.

Last edited by vDrag0n; 2009-05-02 at 04:20.
vDrag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 14:50   Link #598
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
I think he is asking what Numpad button to press to enter the Brackets comment.
Well if that is the question then you don't press a numpad button at all, simply double click the marker and the window will appear.

Quote:
Can you use Effects with the script or only Text Animators? Also i tried to make the lines fly in with an position Animator but the script completely ignored it, or i did it wrong.
Yes you can use effects, and you can make it fly with a position animator, so I'm not really sure what you did to make it not work. Keep in mind, that the tutorials I made are out of date with .56 and above, so following the tutorial exactly will result in broken karaoke :P Maybe if I get bored I'll replace the videos with new ones.

Last edited by crash-kun; 2009-05-03 at 05:11.
Old 2009-05-02, 15:34   Link #599
Kyrie-Senpai

I want to know how to activate that option this picture
thx u.u
Kyrie-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 16:18   Link #600
Zwill
Young Padawan
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zwill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie-Senpai View Post
I want to know how to activate that option this picture
thx u.u
I'm not really sure what you wanna know, but to set/create a marker you'll have to press the * key on the numpad.
Zwill is offline   Reply With Quote