TigerII
Pilot in Training

Them hating each other and the show ending with them bitter?...ouch,
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 19:57   Link #1722
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
OH NOES! (I looked!) Bad, Bad, finger. Why for did you clicketh that spoiler? HURRY UP WITH 22!!! (And make time go faster so that I can see 23 )
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 22:43   Link #1723
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Them hating each other and the show ending with them bitter?...ouch,
While that would make for an interesting ending, I just can't see this anime ending like that. Unless they pull a major swerve, it just wouldn't fit the tone of the show. Koizumi and Otani's "thing" is that they argue and bicker pretty much constantly, but it always seems to work out in the end, no matter how "bad" things seem to get - Lovely Complex is just as much a comedy as it is a romance, and those usually tend to have happy endings.

Spoiler for Spoilers for the future:
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 23:06   Link #1724
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I also didn't see a hate each other ending. But I can see a lighter they realize it wouldn't work ending. But I want them together ending.
Old 2007-09-19, 00:49   Link #1725
Acespeedy

I don't think it's as bad as some people paint it out to be or maybe it is.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Acespeedy; 2007-09-19 at 01:19.
Acespeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 05:59   Link #1726
Slice of Life
eyewitness

OK. Out of 24(?) episodes one has to be the worst. And with only 3 eps left to go it seems episode 21 will get the "honor". And here is why:

1. Nakao wants Nobu to hate him because he loves her so much? Sorry, but that's bad daily soap niveau. Up to now LoveCom managed to keep a healthy distance from such plot elements.

2. The entrance of his three "girlfriends", although funny, was highly inapproriate. LoveCom is not random comedy. Up to now, the humor hasn't been drawn from characters behaving absolutely absurd in serious situations.

3. Finally: How was the problem resolved after so much drama, actually? By saying "I luv you.", "I luv you too." In other words: not at all. I would have accepted anything. Nobu stays, Nakao follows her, even them breaking up. But not be trying to pretend that there wasn't a problem in the first place.
Old 2007-09-19, 08:04   Link #1727
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well I think they chose a long distance relationship untill they are out of university. Which is a very hard thing to do.
Old 2007-09-19, 09:30   Link #1728
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
^^ hard but not impossible. I was just in a wedding this past weekend for a couple that met in HS, went to different colleges hundreds of miles away from each other, then the one went to grad school hundreds of miles away. I'm not sure that I'D be able to do it. But its not something that isn't doable.

If the couple really cares for one another, which we assume Risa/Otani do, then they could do it. Just my opinion.
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 09:51   Link #1729
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Well I think they chose a long distance relationship untill they are out of university. Which is a very hard thing to do.
Sure. But that was already the point they were at when the whole drama started which then rushed into some illusion of a conclusion/solution.
Old 2007-09-19, 09:55   Link #1730
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I didn't say impossible, I said hard. Yes it does happen sometimes. A couple is away for years then they do actually get together. But a large portion do end up seperating. As for Nakao and Nobu, they do seem close enough to get together when they get their porblems sorted out. Either he will move up there when he graduates college or she will move back if her grandmother does pass on.
Old 2007-09-19, 10:40   Link #1731
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Well, it depends on the relationship. If the relationship is a strong one, then a couple will still be together no matter what factors come between them. But it can be possible that a relationship will weaken, especially when one no longer talks to one another. So, if you can still keep in touch you can maybe build a stronger relationship or keep the relationship intact.

Off Topic: I tried asking my friend watch to the show, but he was turned off by the different dialect. From my point of view, I didn't even notice the dialect until my friend told me. Have you guys seen some people who were turned off from this show because of its dialect?

Last edited by psycho bolt; 2007-09-19 at 10:50.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:54   Link #1732
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Lol, knowing no more than like three words in Japanese, I can't even tell dialects. Hell, all the anime shows I watch, I could watch with no sound. I read my shows..
Old 2007-09-19, 12:11   Link #1733
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@psycho-bolt: Since I happen to love Kansai-ben, I grieve for you friend's lack of taste

Does he also avoid english shows that use British or Southern accents?

@Slice-of-Life: I'm getting what you mean. That ep is the first one that kind of felt overly 'manufactured' with a by the next commercial break resolution. It didn't *have* to be resolved in one episode.... I suspect they were taking what is a much longer arc in the manga (sorry, only up to volume 2) and condensing it to clear it off the table for the main couple's closing crisis arc.

Really a shame..... possibly an indication that this series should have gotten a Nana length treatment.
Old 2007-09-19, 12:40   Link #1734
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

@Vexx Hmm, I'm not sure. I guess he isn't used to listening Kansai-ben.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 13:28   Link #1735
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
Off Topic: I tried asking my friend watch to the show, but he was turned off by the different dialect. From my point of view, I didn't even notice the dialect until my friend told me. Have you guys seen some people who were turned off from this show because of its dialect?
Really.... The dialect is what actually turned me *on* to LoveCom. ("Another romance comedy? OK... Completely in Kansai-ben!? I'm watching it!") I may not have even picked this series up at all if it weren't for the kansai-ben, as the art doesn't draw me in and that's usually what does it for me.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 15:14   Link #1736
FuzzyWuzzy

An ending with long distance relationship won't happen. It's an ending that happened to a Romance anime similar to this one so I doubt they will copy that also. If I would guess, the ending would be like this- a romantic scene where they are both alone. They will both say something like everything will be alright in the future. They will kiss, hold hands and the anime will end and leave it at that.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 16:01   Link #1737
Reapers Apple
Ryuk Fan

Send a message via MSN to Reapers Apple
I so love this show and I don't want it to end q.q
Why don't they just go on with the show, make a second season and show the lives
of Otani and Risa and them meeting new people and blah.
Mahhh I just love this show >_<
Cant believe whats happening in Episode 23... I guess it will be the most dramatic.
Oh god. Wasn't it raining in the preview XD? AWWW I will die while seeing this and cry XDD
Reapers Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 11:07   Link #1738
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapers Apple View Post
I so love this show and I don't want it to end q.q
Why don't they just go on with the show, make a second season and show the lives
of Otani and Risa and them meeting new people and blah.
Mahhh I just love this show >_<
Cant believe whats happening in Episode 23... I guess it will be the most dramatic.
Oh god. Wasn't it raining in the preview XD? AWWW I will die while seeing this and cry XDD
Unfortunately I don't think there's any manga to make a second season out of
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 23:20   Link #1739
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Wow. I just saw that episode 23 is the last(animdb). Airs in a day.
Old 2007-09-20, 23:28   Link #1740
mdauben

Quote:
Wow. I just saw that episode 23 is the last(animdb). Airs in a day.
No, AniDB, ANN and Wiki all list the last episode as 24 on September 29. There is even a note on the TBS & Toei Animation websites with the air time for the last episode (9/29 at 5:00 PM).
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance