AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-04, 21:42   Link #41
cshard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265 View Post
I'd die if they did the last PS2 scene with a dream sequence setting

Especially if they draw Tomoyo and Tomoya in shades of light colors...
I think something in me would shrivel up and die as well if that happened too. On the other hand, I actually would like to see this matter closed once and for all - even a dream sequence like what you describe would put an air of finality on the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265 View Post
Then again, there isn't much for Tomoyo discussion in ep.5... save for the chance that Misae might replace Tomoyo as the Sunohara killer...
Hmm... why just Misae though? I'd like to see how high a combo they could go up to. XD I seem to recall hearing that Sunohara gets comboed by many people in a certain path. I'd like to have Tomoyo, Tomoya, Kyou, Misae, Akio all involved in a killer combo sequence.

I wonder if Tomoyo will be absent for the duration of Fuuko's route? They did already mention she's busy with the Student Council stuff, as well as have Misae snapping Sunohara's arm so that he can't go bug her for some time. XD
Old 2007-11-05, 07:01   Link #42
X207
Gamyūsa

i wonder when they'll get to tomoyo's arc.
Old 2007-11-05, 09:41   Link #43
mr_winkie
Producer

Probably not until the series is about halfway through, I guess. For now, I'll just be content with her kicking the crap out of Youhei whenever his plans to prove Tomoyo is a guy fail magnificently.
Old 2007-11-05, 16:03   Link #44
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshard View Post

Hmm... why just Misae though? I'd like to see how high a combo they could go up to. XD I seem to recall hearing that Sunohara gets comboed by many people in a certain path. I'd like to have Tomoyo, Tomoya, Kyou, Misae, Akio all involved in a killer combo sequence.

I wonder if Tomoyo will be absent for the duration of Fuuko's route? They did already mention she's busy with the Student Council stuff, as well as have Misae snapping Sunohara's arm so that he can't go bug her for some time. XD
Spoiler for Potential game spoilers:

Last edited by eMpTy265; 2007-11-05 at 16:17.
Old 2007-11-08, 22:13   Link #45
X207
Gamyūsa

can anyone tell me without spoiling tomoyo's arc if its a sad arc to watch?
Old 2007-11-08, 22:21   Link #46
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
can anyone tell me without spoiling tomoyo's arc if its a sad arc to watch?
Well, the Clannad Tomoyo arc isn't that sad.

It's Tomoyo After that is the tear-jerker.
Old 2007-11-08, 23:23   Link #47
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Well, the Clannad Tomoyo arc isn't that sad.

It's Tomoyo After that is the tear-jerker.
ty. dont think ill know about the tomoyo after until it anime shows her arc. i cant stand being spoiled, raw eps are fine on some series but not on clannad imo.
Old 2007-11-09, 04:26   Link #48
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

the Tomoyo after game really me makes me think that, even though Nagisa is the main character, Key went through all the trouble to make a stand alone game with Tomoyo. I know this may be an obvious question already, but was Tomoyo really that popular as a character in Clannad to spark up her own game?
I like Tomoyo and there might be a chance that Kyoto Animations may animate her game after Clannad.
Old 2007-11-09, 19:54   Link #49
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
the Tomoyo after game really me makes me think that, even though Nagisa is the main character, Key went through all the trouble to make a stand alone game with Tomoyo. I know this may be an obvious question already, but was Tomoyo really that popular as a character in Clannad to spark up her own game?
I like Tomoyo and there might be a chance that Kyoto Animations may animate her game after Clannad.
Tomoyo After isn't really a Key sponsered game, depending on how you look at it.

After releasing their highly-anticipated title, Clannad, Key gave its designers the freedom to work on projects as they wished. Tomoyo After was the result of Jun Maeda's decision to make a game based on the Tomoyo scenario from Clannad. Jun Maeda handled the game's scenario, continuing from his work on the Tomoyo scenario in Clannad.
Old 2007-11-09, 23:10   Link #50
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
i wouldnt mind seeing that animated. it would save me alot of trouble of actually getting the games, much less that i dont have time for then in the 1st place. wikipedia would do fine when i have seen her story arc.
Old 2007-11-10, 09:36   Link #51
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i wouldnt mind seeing that animated. it would save me alot of trouble of actually getting the games, much less that i dont have time for then in the 1st place. wikipedia would do fine when i have seen her story arc.
I second that.

I'm under the impression that Tomoyo's arc would go more towards the development for Tomoya instead, such as helping him get over some issues which he has been running from.

I don't suppose putting in a few reasons for her being my favorite character would hurt~

1) Doesn't really give off the 'moe' vibe so far, but more of a calm and cool aura. It's been a while since I've seen such characters.

2) Although much of the credit goes to Sunohara, her participation in the humorous segments was great. Goes to show that she isn't a typical ice-queen or anything.

3) I like the fact that despite her countenance, she is somewhat frank about what she wants (being more like an ordinary girl). Her attitude doesn't give people the impression that she's unapproachable. In other words, she isn't like a perfect girl, getting miffed when pushed too far.

4) Fighting girl, silver hair...I guess that sums it up.
Old 2007-11-20, 08:47   Link #52
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

A fighting girl that really caught my eyes. Kind-hearted too.

I kinda like this character already... .
Old 2007-12-11, 18:01   Link #53
Kristen
*Author

I think tommorow should be official Tomoyo day, since it's her Seiyuu's birthday.
Old 2007-12-12, 09:36   Link #54
Bankai29
Evenkurga wanna-be

Dang I really wish they won't take out the "simulations" from the Tomoyo arc. Those are damn funny.
Old 2007-12-14, 06:04   Link #55
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Spoiler for TA:
Spoiler for ...more Tomoyo:
Old 2007-12-16, 19:42   Link #56
Takuto19
Yarrrr

I'm really looking forward to Tomoyo's arc the whole Tomoyo/Sunohara exchanges are great heh.

I said at the start of Clannad she would proboly be my fav character, after leaning to Kotomi abit i think Tomoyo is alot better.

I would really like to see Tomoyo's arc being the last arc in the series and ending on it.
Old 2007-12-16, 19:43   Link #57
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuto19 View Post
I would really like to see Tomoyo's arc being the last arc in the series and ending on it.
Impossible, that defeats the purpose of Clannad.
Old 2007-12-16, 20:42   Link #58
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Impossible, that defeats the purpose of Clannad.
Yeah, i know it won't happen, but i just really liked Tomoyo's arc, i never did Nagisa's arc since i'm waiting on the translation but from what i hear that's gonna be the last arc in the series.
Old 2007-12-17, 02:45   Link #59
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucigaromeo View Post
I usually don't watch bishoujo anime but seeing Tomoyo doing 20-hit combo against delinquents in ep 1, at least I must see her in depth story
Ahaha, same here.

Tomoyo just captured my heart with her 20-hit combo kick after I watched episode 1. Plus, she reminds me a lot of Kawasumi Mai in term of silent-but-kicks-ass attitude. :3 Though the problem here will be distinguishing Tomoyo from Tomoya, since both names sound very same.
Old 2007-12-17, 05:20   Link #60
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Ahaha, same here.

Tomoyo just captured my heart with her 20-hit combo kick after I watched episode 1. Plus, she reminds me a lot of Kawasumi Mai in term of silent-but-kicks-ass attitude. :3 Though the problem here will be distinguishing Tomoyo from Tomoya, since both names sound very same.
True in many ways, though I don't really view Tomoyo as a silent type currently. It's more of a 'less talk, more action', an attitude which might have apparently been cultivated from her fighting experiences before.

Maybe I presume too much, but like Mai, so far there hasn't been much focus on her as a major character in terms of development save for a few bits and pieces. In any case, even while we will enjoy the Kotomi and impending Kyou arcs, I'm still looking forward mostly to Tomoyo's story.
Closed Thread