AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-28, 00:22   Link #101
williamaugustus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
My favorite scenes, in no particular order:

-the kiss scene between Clare and Raki.
-the battle of pieta Rigald was so cool.
-the fight between Isley and Luciella (sp?)
-the re-introduction of Raki.
-and of course the whole Teresa fiasco.
i agree with all of these

but to add:
i like the scene when clare tell raki she can smile like a prostitute and he freaks out.
Old 2008-06-28, 01:13   Link #102
KillerYomaFromSpace

I was writting my favourite scenes here, and I felt like I was writting the whole manga storyline, this is just too awesome to pick favourites =)

so I erased everything and go with my single favourite part, that is Teresa's fight and death
Old 2008-06-28, 14:00   Link #103
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Every Scene which features Flora or Irene and they don't get killed X3
Old 2008-06-30, 12:29   Link #104
devils_alternative

This is my first post

This is my fav scene (manga)

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-21, 19:48   Link #105
Misavampire
C.C. Worshiper

Id Have To Say This Is My Top One.

~Anime~
When Clare Says She Knows How To Smile Like A Prostitute. XD I Giggle With Mad Laughter Everytime I Hear That.

~Manga~
When Teresa Is Sentances To Death By The Organisation, And When The (I dunno 5?) Warriors Strike Her. It was a 2 page thing okay. and on the next page you see that Teresa actually owned them instead xD

WitchxWarlock
Old 2008-08-22, 03:01   Link #106
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
My favorite part in both the anime and the manga is this...

Irene: Live Clare! Your staying alive is the only proof that Teresa ever existed.
Old 2008-08-22, 16:34   Link #107
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Anime: Teresa vs. Numbers 2-5. My favorite part was when Teresa and Irene were doing Flash-Sword so much that the windows around them shattered. Now that's epic.

Manga: Re-introduction of Raki. Oh yeah, Raki's so cool (unlike in the anime).
Old 2008-09-22, 14:06   Link #108
Juuni
Awakened

Hmmm...there are so MANY of them that I loved. It practically easier to write those that I didn't like. But here's a try:

* every scene with Isley and Rigardo
* almost every scene with Irene, but especially those after Teresa's death
* and speaking of ...yup, almost every scene with Teresa
* the Pieta "arc" was one amazing scene after the other

... so many great moments!

The only exceptions would be those with Ophelia. Those were plain sadistic.
Old 2008-09-22, 14:37   Link #109
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juuni View Post
The only exceptions would be those with Ophelia. Those were plain sadistic.
I used to think the same thing.. but after watching Claymore over and over, I grew to like Ophelia alot. Especially after her redemption.
Old 2008-09-22, 17:13   Link #110
Juuni
Awakened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
I used to think the same thing.. but after watching Claymore over and over, I grew to like Ophelia alot. Especially after her redemption.
I know, after her redemption I became almost sympathetic towards her. I'm really curious to see how will she appear in the manga. Haven't reached that point yet. From what I've seen so far there are small differences of personality between the manga and anime, in the portrayal of characters. Wonder if that will be Ophelia's case as well.
Old 2008-09-22, 17:27   Link #111
KillerYomaFromSpace

any possible redemption Ophelia could have had, became invalid to me since I read extra scene 2
Old 2008-09-22, 22:26   Link #112
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
any possible redemption Ophelia could have had, became invalid to me since I read extra scene 2
It's probably because you are a Miria fan. If you could forgive the physical harm Ophelia did to Clare, I see it much easier to forgive her for just not delivering the black card.
Old 2008-09-23, 01:57   Link #113
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
It's probably because you are a Miria fan.
It's because I'm a Miria fan

Quote:
If you could forgive the physical harm Ophelia did to Clare, I see it much easier to forgive her for just not delivering the black card.
but there is a diference, when she fights Clare, she smells AB in her, she thought she was fighting an AB, but in the extra scene she is just trying to turn what she knows as normal claymores into ABs in order to kill them later, in the first one you can say she is berserk for ABs, but here she shows premeditation.

Also, even if she didn't physically harm Miria, she sufered worse sequels than Clare had
Old 2008-09-23, 07:56   Link #114
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

My favorite scene was when Teresa realized she was the one being comforted. Not only was it emotional, but upon seeing that I realized that I had to stay with this manga until the end.
Old 2008-09-24, 01:19   Link #115
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
^
That was a good one, too.
Old 2008-09-24, 09:33   Link #116
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
but there is a diference, when she fights Clare, she smells AB in her, she thought she was fighting an AB, but in the extra scene she is just trying to turn what she knows as normal claymores into ABs in order to kill them later, in the first one you can say she is berserk for ABs, but here she shows premeditation.
I suppose you have a point here. She was obsessed with killing AB to the point where she lost it but still I find the way she cried out when she realized she awakened and how she encouraged Clare to finish her off and carry on with her mission was enough repentance.
Spoiler for manga spoiler:
Old 2008-09-24, 12:18   Link #117
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Ophelia's character was consistent; she wanted to kill AB's, herself included. I cannot really see her as redeemed, but her striking humanity that she had as an AB really opened the theory that AB's are not at the mercy of their own appetites and desires. Ophelia really served as a counter point to Clare for me. Both of them lost their loved ones to Priscilla. Both of them were driven by an obsession for revenge and by hatred. Ophelia's hate, however, killed her own humanity in the process and turned her into a monster long before she awakened.
Old 2008-09-28, 10:17   Link #118
Juuni
Awakened

Quote:
Ok, I past that moment in the manga yesterday or the day before and yes, you were right. You do grow to like Ophelia at a second view of the story. She is a very interesting character. In a Tarantino kind of way.
Old 2008-09-28, 11:29   Link #119
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juuni View Post
She is a very interesting character. In a Tarantino kind of way.
She is positively twisted Which is why one of my favourite scenes is when she first Clare. I like the look of pure delirious insanity on her face.

Any scene which features the tagteam trio of Clare-Jeane-Galatea is also worth watching more than once. I liked how they completely owned Dauf.
Old 2008-10-05, 02:46   Link #120
VeNjuNsE

I felt the sick and twisted nature of Priscilla when she wiped Teresa, Irene and co.
The music that came in was perfect. Her deceit was so distasteful as it was given right as Teresa was pitying her and even trying to help her. It was simply gut-wrenching.

The best claymore fanboy scene? lol the bandit was hilarious when he was mocking Human Clare saying "teresa... teresaa... and such" and then when Teresa made the announcement immediately after that none of them would live. Very, very bombass.

and teresa fighting irene, claymore-priscilla, and the others.
Closed Thread