AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 67 59.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 30.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-10, 02:44   Link #61
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quite a romantic episode. Nagisa still looks adorable even when she's drunk and tipsy . Seeing Nagisa with her hair tied makes her look....matured.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2009-01-10, 03:09   Link #62
Tiran86

9/10

So far, this is hands down, the best episode of Clannad Afterstory. Drunk Nagisa was hilarious. Tomoya's struggle to win Akio's approval, and the graduation scene were really well done.
Old 2009-01-10, 04:47   Link #63
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I can't really add anything to what many in the thread already mentioned (barring hard-to-please Master Chibi and a few others ;p ). My only disappointment is the fact that, yeah, Tomoya and Nagisa went the Court Wedding route. Not that it's less binding than a Religious Wedding, and it DOES make sense given Tomoya's finances (my own folks were also both married at a judge, but they eventually had a church ceremony, albeit years later), but I'd have LOVED to see a Church or Temple ceremony.
Old 2009-01-10, 07:00   Link #64
Scary Zet

Arrow

KyoAni isn't against kisses. Remember...
Spoiler for Kanon '06:
But here we see no explicit kisses between Nagisa and Tomoya. And I'm lacking it surely Hoping to see it drawn by KyoAni, at least once The preview of episode 14th is a good reason for such a hope

Damn KyoAni Why not to include some hentaish scenes? I think I'll end playing the VN.
Old 2009-01-10, 09:33   Link #65
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Zet View Post
KyoAni isn't against kisses. Remember...
Spoiler for Kanon '06:
But here we see no explicit kisses between Nagisa and Tomoya. And I'm lacking it surely Hoping to see it drawn by KyoAni, at least once The preview of episode 14th is a good reason for such a hope

Damn KyoAni Why not to include some hentaish scenes? I think I'll end playing the VN.
If it is one thing Kyo-Ani isn't really good at doing, it is kisses. IMHO

In Haruhi, we hardly see Kyon and Haruhi's faces as they kiss. The same happened in Kanon when Yuuichi kissed Ayu, we only get a glimpse of the back of their heads.
Old 2009-01-10, 09:39   Link #66
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
When? I mean, they might have shown it explicitly in the game, but there wasn't even a hint in the anime. From memory, they cut to the end of the episode right before the equivalent scene in the game. So there couldn't possibly have been even a hint.
My apologies if my post was misleading. I did mean some scenes implied that, so rather implicit, by their mood. There was of course nothing explicit by themselves (I believe most of us already thought that there were many scenes they could do that, but the animators simply didn't).
That said, it is rather a mere opinion and I agree that they could really stop being stingy with it, considering the romance here. On the other hand, I also believe the decision is fine by itself as it also work implicitly.

And the funny fact is: no the game wasn't any more explicit. You had like 1 or 2 kisses for Nagisa's whole route AND After Story. The rest was pretty much the same kind of interactions and mood between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Zet View Post
I wonder when people would stop using this word due to the usual misconception, duh...

Anyway, first of all, you wouldn't see this series in most if not all broadcasting TV channels if there was any sexual intercourse (it wouldn't even be as a sub-forum on our forums to begin with).
Furthermore, for the damn XXth time (I'm wondering if it isn't already said with 3 digits...), Clannad has no ero scenes at all (there might be some crude language, but not even non-explicit scenes of such nature).

If you are expecting such scenes from the VN, you can already give up this idea.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-01-10 at 09:52.
Old 2009-01-10, 10:49   Link #67
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wait, so we don't get a wedding scene? I thought Tomoya just gave her the ring, not actually gone through the ceremony.

Anyhow, as most people said, the drunk scene was pure ownage. Hahaha, "Sanae has huge boobs you know" lol. Nagisa and Sanae was so hilarious.

As for the baseball and graduation, they were pretty nice, though I did think the baseball and graduation were a bit lacking... in someways. Can't really put my word on this one. I mean, it was meaningful and touching, but it felt rather weak. Maybe because it was the break we had.
Old 2009-01-10, 10:54   Link #68
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Wait, so we don't get a wedding scene? I thought Tomoya just gave her the ring, not actually gone through the ceremony.
It does make sense when you think of Tomoya's financial state.
Old 2009-01-10, 11:04   Link #69
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It does make sense when you think of Tomoya's financial state.
Well, that is true, but like with the graduation, they could've had something with just the two of them. I mean, I just wanted to see the scene they get married; it didn't have to be the normal wedding ceremony with wedding dress and all that (though Nagisa in wedding dress would've been awesome)
Old 2009-01-10, 11:06   Link #70
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Perhaps the director expected more negativity if he showed it.
Old 2009-01-10, 12:01   Link #71
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Can anyone remember the title of the track that played during the graduation scene? I was going through the game's BGM player and can't seem to find it... so I actually thought it was an original or remix track for the anime but I'm almost sure I heard it before...
Old 2009-01-10, 12:21   Link #72
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Can anyone remember the title of the track that played during the graduation scene? I was going through the game's BGM player and can't seem to find it... so I actually thought it was an original or remix track for the anime but I'm almost sure I heard it before...
"Distant Years" (Or "Harukana Toshitsuki" in japanese), the 12th track on disc 2 of the original soundtrack to the visual novel. Also the greatest instrumental-track on the entire soundtrack if you ask me.
Old 2009-01-10, 12:36   Link #73
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
I believe its more like she KNOWS how freaking hot her mum is

LOL, yes the preview was fun. Tomoya's reaction SO reminded me of Alto (Macross F) for some reason
I just hope Tomoya doesn't try to say "I want to embrace you, Gundam!"

(Instead of Mr. Bushido, I guess we have Mr. Baseball...)

Nice ep, by the way!
Old 2009-01-10, 14:23   Link #74
patient_senses

For me, this is the best episode of both series so far. With each episode, the series just gets better and better. I definitely liked this episode more than the previous one because Yoshino's story was just boring compared to the rest of the episode. Episode 12 was all serious, while this one had the hilarious scene with Nagisa getting drunk, priceless.

But I have to agree in saying that I think Tomoya and Nagisa aready kissed. I just think they haven't animated it because it's really sort of unneeded. I see a lot of times (not necessary in anime) where kissing scenes are just used to replace the feelings which just aren't there. I'd have to agree that it'd be nice to see it at least once though. The next episode shows a little promise.

This series is probably going to end up being my all time favorite. I can't recall a single series that showed the two main characters get married, let alone go on to show what they're married life is going to be like.
Old 2009-01-10, 17:28   Link #75
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This episode earns a 6/10 from me, especially considering how great the previous episode was in comparison.

+ Drunk Nagisa scene was hilarious.
+ Nagisa's new changes in looks.
+ New music

and now the many negatives...

- Tomoya practicing in the rain against no ball is just overdone
- Graduation scene, in general, rubbed me the wrong way
- Pacing
- No wedding
- Tomoya putting his head in the mud, not necessary
- Akio placing his consent on the marriage on a baseball pitch
- Father suddenly starts talking to them, when he refused to reply last episode

I hope the next episode can do a better job in developing the story. Clannad rarely ever goes for subtle, and is always too forced.
Old 2009-01-10, 17:57   Link #76
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
A very nice episode not to mention touching. When I was listening to Nagisa speak during her graduation ceremony i couldn't help but to tear up a bit. The realization of what Nagisa has over come finally set in. She has had her good times and bad time but persevered. Taking 5 years to complete high school would break most people i believe and i dont know if she could have kept going without Tomoya. Also, i dont think Tomoya could have come as far as he did without Nagisa they needed and found each other when they both truly need someone. Their romance has been a touching one and having it all end with their marriage is very fitting i couldn't be happier. I couldn't help to notice how grown up Nagisa looked when they went to inform Tomoya's father of the news of their marriage.

I am not surprised that Nagisa parents approved of the marriage. Even though Akio made Tomoya work for it, i would expect nothing less i mean this is his little girl were talking about. Seeing them together they already looked like family but before when Tomoya lived there they already looked like family. The scene with Nagisa drunk was too damn funny then her mom got in on it and it just got carried away.

I loved this episode it was nothing short of a treat im sad to see it go soon. The final shot of the ring of Nagisa's finger was just too touching and it summed up the culmination of everything we have seen them go through.
Old 2009-01-10, 19:59   Link #77
RandomFlameStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This episode earns a 6/10 from me, especially considering how great the previous episode was in comparison.

+ Drunk Nagisa scene was hilarious.
+ Nagisa's new changes in looks.
+ New music

and now the many negatives...

- Tomoya practicing in the rain against no ball is just overdone
- Graduation scene, in general, rubbed me the wrong way
- Pacing
- No wedding
- Tomoya putting his head in the mud, not necessary
- Akio placing his consent on the marriage on a baseball pitch
- Father suddenly starts talking to them, when he refused to reply last episode

I hope the next episode can do a better job in developing the story. Clannad rarely ever goes for subtle, and is always too forced.
Hm I don't think the negetives you listed were that bad. Tomoya's rain practice was to show his determination, also it wasn't like it didn't make any sense since he has trouble with his arm. Well if you say it's overdone there's nothing to be argued XD. The graduation scene was pure win >< I don't know how it could be a negative. I'll admit the pacing was a bit rushed. They zoomed past a whole year in a few mins. As for the wedding, we might get a scene later. I'm under the impression that they haven't gone through with the ceremony yet (Not positive). Tomoya bowing his head really low was a pretty good effect imo. It also shows a bit of character development and how far he'd go for Nagisa. And Akio wasn't seriously thinking "Tomoya should have good BASEBALL skills if he wants to marry my daughter!" it was more of a symbolic thing. Also think about the situation with his father. It wasn't that he was ignoreing Tomoya, he just couldn't find anything to say about his illegal activities.. He talks to Tomoya in the other episodes too.
Old 2009-01-10, 20:19   Link #78
typhonsentra

From the preview... are they trying to imply Tomoya's a virgin?
Old 2009-01-10, 20:39   Link #79
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Honestly, I think having Nagisa be sick is the biggest schmuck of a plot device they had going in this series. It just struck me at how lame it was to just throw in there amongst all the other real development, and this was none more apparent then when Nagisa mentioned it herself in her graduation speech. It was like they looked at her and they're like:

"HOW MUCH MORE CAN WE MAKE THIS CHICK WITH COCKROACH AHOGE SUFFER?"

"Let's make her afflicted with a no name illness that leaves her bed ridden for months upon on end!"

"BRILLIANT, HAVE A FRUIT BASKET."

And it does really bother me that the first time I've seen an actual get married couple that hasn't ever shown much actual physical affection to one another, especially this late into the game. I mean I get annoyed at other series when it takes the entirety of the show for them to actual realize they both want to bone each other and we get little but them holding hands at the last 8 seconds of the last episode of the series, but here they actually establish a relationship with one another and there's barely any hugging, or holding hands, or forehead to forehead talking, or much of anything. It's sad that the most affectionate she's really gotten with him is when she was DRUNK.

And I still say the part where she was sitting alone in the clasroom waiting for people to join the theatre club and NOONE JOINS AND THE CLUB IS SHUT DOWN is complete bullshit and unnecessary.

"Oh hey, remember your dreams?"

"BAM DONE, GO HOME".

As much I dislike her I truly felt sorry for her, and that 'scene' barely lasted 8 seconds. Go figure.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-01-10, 22:11   Link #80
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
It's sad that the most affectionate she's really gotten with him is when she was DRUNK.
While I have to agree that the romantic relationship between the two has been dampened a few level in the game to series transition, it was never too explicit to begin with. I attribute this to two main factors. One, the series theme is different, and as such the message it tries to convey lies elsewhere. Two, we are superposing our own cultural nuances, and that just doesn't work when watching foreign media.
Closed Thread