AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-08, 21:35   Link #1
blahblahmaster

Naruto Anime vs Manga

Okay, this is not a "Which medium is better?" thread, this is just a thread asking which particular scenes were done better in which medium.

For example, I'll start.

Episode 30 of Naruto where Sasuke fights Orochimaru was just awesome. The manga version wasn't as exciting.
blahblahmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 21:42   Link #2
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

I read the manga to see the story. I watch the anime to see the cool fight scenes that were hard to make out in the manga .
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 21:44   Link #3
dnmt

The manga has done everything better except for the Sasuke vs Orochimaru fight, Rock Lee vs Gaara fight and the Orochimaru vs the Third fight.
dnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 21:46   Link #4
UserName

Anime art is a lot worse. The story is told worse. I don't like all the edits, some I understand but some was meaningless. And sometimes they screw up a scene making someone seem a lot weaker/stronger than they are.

Well to keep on topic. I though episode 93/94 of the manga was much better. They made Kabuto seem a lot weaker than he is against Naruto and they overpower Naruto. And also the part against Gaara when he summon Gamabunta. I felt that they made a huge mistake by not showing him in Kyubi mode like he was in the manga.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 21:49   Link #5
Uzumaki_kitsune
Ookamiyasha(wolf demon)

Location: in this magical land where you can do whatever you want as long as you dont care
i like the manga better becuase ive been reading it longer and fewer people read nowadays i can carry a manga while on vactaion where ever i want tha anime on the other hand "unless you have a labtop" its not so easy
Uzumaki_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 22:24   Link #6
Merco
I like pie

[A.D.D. on]
I like the manga better in general because they don't have to be subservient to the parents of the kiddies who don't want their children to see things which are too "graphic".
[A.D.D. off](sorry, but had to add this in)

But to be more specific, the parts I liked in the manga are some of the smaller details...

Like when Gaara was going to the exam, the two hecklers tried to get him to fix the game, and he nailed them instantly with the sand with a perfect shadow effect displaying his insanity. In the anime, the sand was portrayed as running after the hecklers after they were screaming for a few seconds.

Even in this latest episode... Kabuto goes after Naruto with a knife, Naruto caught it between his fingers as he clenched his fist, In the manga Kabuto completely pierced Naruto's hand, and naruto gripped down on Kabuto's fist. It showed Naruto in a more determined light.

Course, there were a couple excesses that I understood why they didn't add it into the Anime... Like when Kakashi nailed Haku instead of Zabuza with the chidori... the chidori went through Haku in the Manga... they only had it hit Haku in the chest in the anime. And Zabuza took off the crooked guy's head at the end instead of just cutting him a bit and throwing him off a cliff.

As far as something I like better in the Anime... the challenge filler where Naruto had to sit on Gamabunta's head all day... I think that part was hilarious, especially the scene where Jiraiya was chilling in the background watching Gamabunta surf the lake with Naruto looking crazy on his head in the classic rodeo pose.
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 22:30   Link #7
lotus_lee

Well, this is just me and I say the anime. I prefer moving pictures (how babyish of me) because I can't really feel the action with still pictures, some of them very unclear. Maybe I'm not used to reading manga because it's all in black and white and Naruto is the first series I have read the manga in.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 22:53   Link #8
dnmt

God forbid you have to use your imagination!
dnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 23:26   Link #9
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmt

I...mag..in...a..tion..?

Whats that?
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 00:25   Link #10
Merco
I like pie

The point the poster is making is what specific scenes do you like better in Anime or Manga... not if you like one form better then the other in general (hence my A.D.D reference ). So saying that you only like one form or the other by itself is defeating the purpose of this thread.
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 00:34   Link #11
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmt
Imagination comes easier with things like a book, were the content is all written. In a manga, its a bit tougher to use your imagintion. Sure you can fill in the gaps between the pictures, but I'd much rather see them completely or not "see" them at all [aka read them]. He likes the anime better, god forbid you deal with that.

To me honestly, it doesn't seem as if they put too much effort into drawing the manga characters...
Fool On The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 02:49   Link #12
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merco
[A.D.D. on]
I like the manga better in general because they don't have to be subservient to the parents of the kiddies who don't want their children to see things which are too "graphic".
[A.D.D. off](sorry, but had to add this in)

But to be more specific, the parts I liked in the manga are some of the smaller details...

Like when Gaara was going to the exam, the two hecklers tried to get him to fix the game, and he nailed them instantly with the sand with a perfect shadow effect displaying his insanity. In the anime, the sand was portrayed as running after the hecklers after they were screaming for a few seconds.

Even in this latest episode... Kabuto goes after Naruto with a knife, Naruto caught it between his fingers as he clenched his fist, In the manga Kabuto completely pierced Naruto's hand, and naruto gripped down on Kabuto's fist. It showed Naruto in a more determined light.

Course, there were a couple excesses that I understood why they didn't add it into the Anime... Like when Kakashi nailed Haku instead of Zabuza with the chidori... the chidori went through Haku in the Manga... they only had it hit Haku in the chest in the anime. And Zabuza took off the crooked guy's head at the end instead of just cutting him a bit and throwing him off a cliff.
i couldn't agree more. except i loved ever gory detail. everything from Inari's dad being crucified with his arms and legs choped off (merely crushed his arms in the anime) to Gaara trying to slit his wrist (merely trying to stab the side of his wrist in the anime.)
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 02:57   Link #13
ShikaShika
無罪

In general, for any scene where anything was changed for the anime, I prefer the manga. If the anime is 100% true to the manga, then I prefer the anime.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 07:15   Link #14
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
i couldn't agree more. except i loved ever gory detail. everything from Inari's dad being crucified with his arms and legs choped off (merely crushed his arms in the anime) to Gaara trying to slit his wrist (merely trying to stab the side of his wrist in the anime.)
Whoa there, I diden't realize I was missing out on stuff like that.
That sounds cool, not like its aimed for kids at all.

Hmmmm *Really starts to contemplate*

Question

If I was to start reading the manga, considering were at ep 95 right now, what volume would I need to get to carry on from the current states of the anime?
Or should I go back a few chapters?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 08:42   Link #15
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Question

If I was to start reading the manga, considering were at ep 95 right now, what volume would I need to get to carry on from the current states of the anime?
I'd say around Chapter 167(about halfway through Volume 19) or so. There may be slight overlap, but its okay.
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 10:34   Link #16
Mezu
The Guardian

i think the manga is better because its the original story, and i enjoy it. But you need the anime because manga doesnt do fight scenese enuff justice. Seeing an anime fightscene is nothing like a manga fightscene. And seeing the manga in anime is a +.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 13:19   Link #17
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Whoa there, I diden't realize I was missing out on stuff like that.
That sounds cool, not like its aimed for kids at all.

Hmmmm *Really starts to contemplate*

Question

I'd seriously reccomend reading from the begining. The thing that most anime watchers that want to read the manga don't realize is that if you already KNOW what happens storyline-wize, you can ussually read alot faster and easier because you already grasp the situation. And also what most anime-watchers don't realize is that unlike the anime, the manga does not drag out. The manga is released in small doses weekly, so thusly, to keep the attention of the reader, they MUST make it fast paced. It wont be tedious and boring to read like it would be to re-watch the anime. And plus, with all the gorey scenes that the anime kept out, i'm sure you'll find quite a few xmas supprises. ^_^

but if you still aren't convinced and you just wanna pick up where the anime has left off, then Roberto's estimate is probably right.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 13:42   Link #18
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahmaster
Episode 30 of Naruto where Sasuke fights Orochimaru was just awesome. The manga version wasn't as exciting.
Yeah, this fight Owned. I was dissapointed when I found out it was actually just as few short panels in the manga and not nearly as cool.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 14:40   Link #19
Mika

Shay.... About reading the manga...why not read it all? It will be worth it that much I can assure you. Especially since you have 226 chapters to go through.

Therre are all kinds of things that seem left out or downplayed in the anime. Dont get me wrong the anime is amazing, but the manga is the root. I pretty much read every manga series that I watch if at all possible. I love the original art and the artists actual ideas storyline. You cant beat that!!!
Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 17:52   Link #20
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Most of the fights are better in the anime, if only because you get to see it all animated. My only grudge with the way the anime does the fights in Naruto is how they tend to tone it down. Like when Kabuto pierces Naruto's hand with the Kunai or when Kakashi runs Haku through with the chidori.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote