Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-30, 12:08   Link #241
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
...I'm not a big fan of Queen's Blade and couldn't even finish the first episode so from that perspective I thought the comparisons are ... superficial. Big female cast with a lot of nudity yet it didn't seem overwhelming yet.... I don't thinks it's been mentioned but didn't the voice actor for the protagonist all do School Days? I wonder if he received any stigma after that series ended to such critical acclaim (sarcasm). Please let me know if I am wrong.
I wasn't a fan of Queen's Blade, either, but episode one of this show has me eager for ep2.

Hirakawa Daisuke did play Makoto in School Days, but whatever people felt about Makoto, the commercial success of that show didn't seem to do any harm to his career. He had roles in 8 shows the year of SD, 12 the next year, and although he dropped back to only 2 in 2009, he is back to 8 roles this year. He has had more good roles since SD than he had before it.

I have made a characters/seiyuus table for this show, with pics of characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu. Link in my sig.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 13:14   Link #242
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im going to sit down to episode 1 tonight im actually pretty excited about it since i have a good feeling. I was not a fan of Queens Blade either like Kaoru Chujo but Samurai girls has peeked my interest and after reading some of you guys reviews. Plus Yuuki Aoi is voicing in it and she is just a pleasure to listen too iv loved all her previous roles she has a great career ahead of her and shes only 18. Hopefully ill be able to give my full thoughts later tonight.
Old 2010-09-30, 14:25   Link #243
Irie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I wasn't a fan of Queen's Blade, either, but episode one of this show has me eager for ep2.

Hirakawa Daisuke did play Makoto in School Days, but whatever people felt about Makoto, the commercial success of that show didn't seem to do any harm to his career. He had roles in 8 shows the year of SD, 12 the next year, and although he dropped back to only 2 in 2009, he is back to 8 roles this year. He has had more good roles since SD than he had before it.

I have made a characters/seiyuus table for this show, with pics of characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu. Link in my sig.
That's actually pretty interesting. I would then assume the seiyuu's are evaluated on their performance rather than the reception received for their characters. In many cases, US actors tend to get typecast for either taking on a particularly dis likable character or simply playing alto of the same roles. Many never seem to find the opportunity to re-establish their careers. I think its better now but far more of an issue when studios managed the careers of the more successful stars. I'm generalizing quite a bit and lumping in decades of work so excuse the simple observation.

Seems like this show has quite a few talented Seiyuus so I'm going to try and put some focus on the performances. Kinda curious on how well they manage this large ensemble.
Old 2010-09-30, 14:28   Link #244
Qikz

Hm! I didn't know about this show until recently. Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Any idea when it's going to start airing?
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 16:59   Link #245
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Hm! I didn't know about this show until recently. Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Any idea when it's going to start airing?
First episode airs this Sunday, though you can check it out already thanks to the early broadcast that happened a few weeks ago.
Old 2010-10-01, 12:01   Link #246
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Samurai Girls to be streamed by the Anime Network.

The simulcast will start October 3, 1 p.m. EDT

Thus, Samurai Girls is considered licensed and all licensed rules are now in effect.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 12:38   Link #247
ZeKeR
Superbad

so the airing will start back to episode 2? amiright?
Old 2010-10-01, 12:45   Link #248
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I don't think it will because the first showing of episode one was a "preview," so I'm thinking we'll start at episode one (again!).

Also, what Shiroth said!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 13:32   Link #249
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 2 of the radio show is now up -- Hyakka Ryouran Radio Girls, with Yuuki Aoi and Kotobuki Minako.

I found it totally hilarious. Yuuki Aoi lets out all the stops and is just riffing away in many funny voices, almost from beginning to end. And in Kotobuki, she has found someone who can keep up. The Yutori Channel radio show with Ao-chan and Hanazawa Kana was great, but in part because HanaKana often sounded like she was sitting there befuddled by the little imp dancing around her.

Ao-chan and Kotobuki-chan came up with a catchphrase: "maji kotobuki," which I believe means "really congratulations," in other words: "that's really something to be congratulated on." They said it after reading off the list of TV stations the anime would be on, etc.

This is a radio show that I think you can even enjoy if you don't understand a word they say, since Ao-chan's vocal play is so magnificent, and the easy interplay between the two is entertaining just for its sound.

There is some complaint on 2channel that the show is too fast-paced, and doesn't have much content beyond advertising the anime. So far, this is true. But the amazing leap and flow and gobble and chatter of Ao-chan's voice is enough on its own, for me, especially with Kotobuki-chan chiming in so easily.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-10-03, 12:16   Link #250
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Otome Youkai Zakuro 01 - A Shodophone for a Hero:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 12:21   Link #251
einhorn303

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the OP. The stench of fringe nationalism was too strong for me, between referring to Japan as "Dai Nippon," calling Commodore Perry's fleet "devilish and aggressive demonic weapons," and showing samurai slicing B-29s in twain with katana during 1946.

Maybe the actual show is much better, but that just didn't sit with me well.

Last edited by einhorn303; 2010-10-03 at 12:28. Reason: typo
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 12:28   Link #252
tsunade666

isn't otome youkai zakuro a different anime from hyakka ryouran?

^ about the girls slashing down planes.... well that was shown in the op but the girls in the story doesn't look like it though they maybe different when they so called awaken which was also mention in episode 1 with a kiss.
Old 2010-10-03, 12:29   Link #253
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
isn't otome youkai zakuro a different anime from hyakka ryouran?
Pay attention to my recent posts. You'll start noticing something.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 12:41   Link #254
tsunade666

hmm since it's a spoiler I didn't press it but after doing it now I know. But I rarely do it unless I had watched it and it's a good thing I already saw the first episode ..... what a cliche thing to happen.
Old 2010-10-03, 19:16   Link #255
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the OP. The stench of fringe nationalism was too strong for me, between referring to Japan as "Dai Nippon," calling Commodore Perry's fleet "devilish and aggressive demonic weapons," and showing samurai slicing B-29s in twain with katana during 1946. Maybe the actual show is much better, but that just didn't sit with me well.
Don't take it too seriously. That part is parody -- although I admit they are probably trying to have it both ways. Remember that this is an alternate world, in which the Tokugawa are still in power in 2010.

I'm fairly sensitive to such stuff myself, but it didn't bother me. Unlike the little demo in Shibuya a couple of days ago against the Japanese government's handling of the Senkaku/Diaoyu affair.

Anyway, I found watching this episode again just as enjoyable as the first few times. Looks great. Moves well. Fine voices.
Old 2010-10-04, 01:28   Link #256
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Don't take it too seriously. That part is parody -- although I admit they are probably trying to have it both ways. Remember that this is an alternate world, in which the Tokugawa are still in power in 2010.
The very idea of a feudal government leading a 1st world power in 2010 is completely absurd and mildly offensive.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 05:43   Link #257
DidCart

Guys, are they going to release an uncensored version? Or just when the DVD comes out?
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 05:54   Link #258
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
The very idea of a feudal government leading a 1st world power in 2010 is completely absurd and mildly offensive.
its that or Ieyasu Tokugawa has some link to the communists
Old 2010-10-04, 06:24   Link #259
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the OP. The stench of fringe nationalism was too strong for me, between referring to Japan as "Dai Nippon," calling Commodore Perry's fleet "devilish and aggressive demonic weapons," and showing samurai slicing B-29s in twain with katana during 1946.

Maybe the actual show is much better, but that just didn't sit with me well.

You should just skip to the OP (What I did) which in my opinion, turns out to be surprisingly good The ED wasn't too bad either
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 06:47   Link #260
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidCart View Post
Guys, are they going to release an uncensored version? Or just when the DVD comes out?
im waiting a couple of days hopefully itll be like ichiban and an uncensored one will come out in 2 days or so, nothing worse than watching an anime and they black out half the screen

Tags
action, ecchi, light novel adaptation, seinen, shounen