AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-07, 22:07   Link #2281
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, there is the knowns: Munto TV in a week (correct?), CLANNAD AS for the remainder of the Winter Season. A CLANNAD AS OVA (episode 24) at some point (possibly June), then we have a lot of unknowns. K-ON is still an unknown (we don't know if it even is KyoAni), 801-chan is cancelled? So we have no real idea what KyoAni is doing after Munto TV...or even how long that anime is going to last, do we?

Plus there is the Web-based Haruhi-chan that's not entirely a known factor yet either.
Old 2009-01-07, 22:13   Link #2282
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well, there is the knowns: Munto TV in a few days (correct?), CLANNAD AS for the remainder of the Winter Season. A CLANNAD AS OVA (episode 24) at some point (possibly June), then we have a lot of unknowns. K-ON is still an unknown (we don't know if it even is KyoAni), 801-chan is canceled? So we have no real idea what KyoAni is doing after Munto TV...or even how long that anime is going to last, do we?
Stop this nonsense, you're going to get my hopes up for Haruhi 2 actually airing within the next few seasons.

And then when it doesn't happen... ;_;

I guess we'll see what the big news in March NewType will be
Pretty sure I called this btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAotS View Post
Yeah, just caught up a almost a month of posts. Still nothing?
I'd like to think that I'm optimistic, but really, I can't see haruhi airing earlier then next year. Probably next year spring or summer if ever.

If ever.... bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'll come back in another month, maybe by then they'll be another troll announcement by KyoAni to get angry over :v
^- the troll announcement is incoming :v
Old 2009-01-07, 22:19   Link #2283
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Shouldn't you be adding CRACK to the Genderbending thread/social board? The Social board could use some CRACK to look active again.
Old 2009-01-07, 23:06   Link #2284
animekritik

So I board a series of planes to get across the pond and in the matter of 72 hrs there's all this buzz about haruhi S2. Maybe I was jinxing the whole thing by constantly checking for updates!!

I hope we get something this year..
Old 2009-01-07, 23:42   Link #2285
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
What news ? There is no real news except an announcement in Newtype. Just wait till March.
Well, that is to say, the March issue, which arrives in early February (just as the February issue is just arriving on newsstands now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
I still think nothing was really cancelled, but rather just abit of wordplay to change the sequel title from "Melancholy 2" to "Disappearance", which is debatable but that's my interpretation at least.
Either way it was basically a repeat announcement of a previous one for the Newtype audience anyway, with an extra peek into the new character desgins of course.
Either way you take it, assuming they were in in fact in pre-production of the new series last year, it'd be about the right time to see a release, especially with the big videogame push now dying down. In fact, the release pattern almost does support a belief that maybe they did in fact postpone the series a year to rework the concept. It's hard to say, at least at this point. I imagine that the DVD/Blu-Ray extras may shed more light on this some day.

Anyway, it would surprise me greatly if the announcement didn't include an airing date this time around. In either case, we'll know for sure in about a month or so.
Old 2009-01-08, 00:19   Link #2286
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
A CLANNAD AS OVA (episode 24) at some point (possibly June),
When was this announced?
Old 2009-01-08, 00:38   Link #2287
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm, I could have sworn that was mentioned at some point. Guess that would be listed as an unknown. CLANNAD AS is 24 episodes, correct?
Old 2009-01-08, 00:42   Link #2288
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
CLANNAD AS is 24 episodes, correct?
No OVA has been announced... and besides, the only story they could do is the twins and that would definitely take more than 1 episode.
Old 2009-01-08, 21:44   Link #2289
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, that is to say, the March issue, which arrives in early February (just as the February issue is just arriving on newsstands now).

Either way you take it, assuming they were in in fact in pre-production of the new series last year, it'd be about the right time to see a release, especially with the big videogame push now dying down. In fact, the release pattern almost does support a belief that maybe they did in fact postpone the series a year to rework the concept. It's hard to say, at least at this point. I imagine that the DVD/Blu-Ray extras may shed more light on this some day.

Anyway, it would surprise me greatly if the announcement didn't include an airing date this time around. In either case, we'll know for sure in about a month or so.
Yeah, but then again they've basically pulled this stunt every time they need to move copies of the magazine wherein they make this pre-release announcement about some major announcement that they are going to have in the next issue only for it to turn out to be either old news or something insignificant. I'm starting to think the secret is to not pay attention until an air-date eventually just breaks on the producers own accord lest they continue this game indefinitely.
Old 2009-01-08, 21:47   Link #2290
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Nice to see you here lol

The magazines are only good for those issues with exclusive items or coupons to super rare items.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-01-08, 22:23   Link #2291
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah, but then again they've basically pulled this stunt every time they need to move copies of the magazine wherein they make this pre-release announcement about some major announcement that they are going to have in the next issue only for it to turn out to be either old news or something insignificant. I'm starting to think the secret is to not pay attention until an air-date eventually just breaks on the producers own accord lest they continue this game indefinitely.
Except your explanation is something entirely in your imagination. Yes, Haruhi probably helps the magazine sell better but people don't pick the magazine up blind. It always leaks on 2ch or whatever and in most stores, anyone can thumb through it before buying it. They pick it up because it has pictures of Haruhi.
Old 2009-01-08, 22:59   Link #2292
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Nice to see you here lol

The magazines are only good for those issues with exclusive items or coupons to super rare items.
Every time there's an announcement about some information regarding the phantom second season appearing in a magazine I feel obligated to stop by this sub-forum to play devil's advocate. Okay not really devil's advocate since I have every reason to believe that this announcement will not be what most Haruhi fans are hoping for. Let's just say I like to be the whistle blower on bad marketing campaigns that irritate and push away potential consumers rather then draw them to the product in question.

I'm still of the opinion that unless something has been confirmed by an official source that it might as well not exist and that one would be wise not to make any assumptions as to it's existence until the developer not only makes the first move in introducing their product, but makes it a visible one. That means presenting something tangible. So far there have been more then enough false alarms and starts to warrant careful skepticism of Kadokawa's latest "second season announcement". Viral marketing is one thing, but making a big deal over the anime equivalent of vaporware is another.

Incidentally it also seems that somebody working for the companies marketing department has never been introduced to a little fairy tale about a Boy Who Cried Wolf.
Old 2009-01-09, 14:20   Link #2293
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I agree with Kaioshin. They're just going to pull another marketing stunt, so there's no point in getting your hopes up at all.

Hopefully some of the Haruhi-obsessed hikkikomori will finally leave their houses and torch Newtype for us, though.
Old 2009-01-10, 00:02   Link #2294
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I agree with Kaioshin. They're just going to pull another marketing stunt, so there's no point in getting your hopes up at all.

Hopefully some of the Haruhi-obsessed hikkikomori will finally leave their houses and torch Newtype for us, though.
Maybe we should hope OTAKU RAGE at the novels instead. That should do the trick.
Old 2009-01-12, 02:39   Link #2295
Eak
One angry cloud.

I give up :P
Old 2009-01-12, 17:50   Link #2296
Darkoff
Nipaah!

http://www.mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/n...00015000c.html

Translation anyone? it seems we really are getting our second season this year, atleast what i've heard from some sites.
Old 2009-01-12, 18:00   Link #2297
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'll literally roll on the floor in laughter if thats true. Not laughing in joy mind you, but amusment for what they did to their fans making them wait so long and taunting them every step of the way.
Old 2009-01-12, 18:01   Link #2298
ijuinkun

There's nothing substantive in the description other than saying that the March issue of Newtype (released Feb 10) will have details, and noting that sales of the Haruhi light novels has now exceeded 5.3 million.
Old 2009-01-12, 18:08   Link #2299
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoff View Post
http://www.mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/n...00015000c.html

Translation anyone? it seems we really are getting our second season this year, atleast what i've heard from some sites.
Sankaku already mentioned this. Apparently this is just some newspaper saying that Newtype will have new information on S2. Or something.

If this is just another troll announcement from Newtype (and it probably is) this newspaper is going to be horribly embarrassed.
Old 2009-01-12, 18:40   Link #2300
Darkoff
Nipaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sankaku already mentioned this. Apparently this is just some newspaper saying that Newtype will have new information on S2. Or something.

If this is just another troll announcement from Newtype (and it probably is) this newspaper is going to be horribly embarrassed.
Yeah that might be true, btw, you should say that Sankaku is a NSFW site

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen