AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-11-03, 10:12   Link #161
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

This is a harder choice than I thought. Which sig to submit to the SOTM?

The newest:

The oldie:

Also, the usual updates:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 17:53   Link #162
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Decided to go with the old one ,regarding the SOTM.

Latest batch, all requests:

Some Pandaren avas. For some reason, I have really taken a liking to the Pandaren in Warcraft lore. I like their philosophy and general view on different matters.
And ofc, they are cuddly. Unless you are crushed.

Old 2008-11-22, 07:49   Link #163
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Old 2008-11-22, 13:56   Link #164
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post

Somehow every time I come to you Thread I See new Styles in your Sig's...
Good Work on them
Old 2008-11-22, 14:04   Link #165
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Somehow every time I come to you Thread I See new Styles in your Sig's...
Good Work on them
Thanks, I tried to make something new with the 2 last ones, especially the last.

It's done with only the pen tool and nothing else. The text is alslo the pen tool, so it's my own creation. Only negative response I've gotten is that some edges are rugged and that it looks disorganized, without being organized if that makes any sense.

Old 2008-11-22, 16:09   Link #166
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Like this two a lot.

saves!
Old 2008-11-22, 16:39   Link #167
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Oh, nice and unique despite of the simplicity. I like it a lot. Good job.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 17:39   Link #168
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
Oh, nice and unique despite of the simplicity. I like it a lot. Good job.
Thanks. I'll continue to do this type of sigs to see what random shapes I can come up with. I would use Illustrator if I had that instead as it solves certain pixel problems too. Perhaps this and integration of various renders is the next on the menu...

Old 2008-11-22, 18:42   Link #169
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
fate's weapon? Either way, it pretty, I love the lighting on this one.
Quote:
Great style here. The boxed sections highlight the render and it just has a smooth finish.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I already mentioned how much I love this sig ^_^
Quote:
whatever it is...it's awesome...and the blending/lighting is A+
Quote:
woosh! Original shapes ftw! I have illustrator but I have no idea really how to use it >.< Looks great though, I'm constantly trying to figure out how to make sexy curves like these.

Awesome work as usual AtomicoX

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 19:54   Link #170
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
fate's weapon? Either way, it pretty, I love the lighting on this one.
Nanoha's actually, although heavily modified due to fan art. Think it's a new fictionate mode. Wouldn't surprise me if it's called Excellion overdrive or something...
Quote:
Great style here. The boxed sections highlight the render and it just has a smooth finish.
I wanted a "tech" feeling with the boxes and I think I succedeed actually. And yes, it does highlight the render a bit more, even though that wasn't my intention at first.
Quote:
whatever it is...it's awesome...and the blending/lighting is A+
A spaceship from SG-1, meant to visualize coming out of a warp. I got some negative response because the background's color was too contrasted towards the ship, but since I'm colorblind, I don't see it like that. I made it work for me, and that's that.

Old 2008-11-24, 06:45   Link #171
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

A sig gone wrong. My first idea was to enlarge it so it can be higher quality when I resize it and I can get better details. That said, it backfired, and it got too small to actually resize, since you can't really see anything since it's so small.
I uploaded it anyway.
Spoiler for Sig version:

Spoiler for Original version:

Directly after doing this I felt I had to do a normal sig...so...

The colors fail I think. The bg don't want to fit with the rest.

Old 2008-11-25, 17:53   Link #172
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Not a sig or image update, but I have begun work on a science-fiction story I am determined to continue and that I will post here when it's being written.
Everything is not worked out, but I have my basic plot and a few plot devices. The main character is also being built atm.

Currently, I'm focusing on building a few ships and developing technologies, such as A.I, space station systems and everyday technology.
I have also decided to skip a part that many see a shortcut through: FTL. Faster-than-light speeds are considered highly improbable by some but is still used in general sci-fi. That's why I am trying to circumvent it by coming up with my own technology capable of about 2% of the speed of light.
This provides me with time and more plot development.

The story is planned to be in First-Person PoV, something I have not tried yet. If it will work or not, time will have to decide. I know it's very hard compared to the regular third-person view, but I enjoy diversity and I want to develop myself.

=====

Plot summary
: In 2056, an asteroid called Arakem, the size of Hawaii, impacted in the Atlantic and created a megatsunami that engulfed whole landmasses. Millions of lives were lost, as evacuation procedures had failed due to bad planning and loose control of the evacuation itself.

The aftermath was countries splitted in half, in disarray and panic. Only a few countries had stood against the oncoming disaster and they had their hands full restoring what was left.
To make matters worse, the impact of Arakem had created instability in the atmosphere of the Earth, rendering large parts of the world uninhabitable.
This situation, coupled with the already weakened state of the Earth, was enough for the governments of the world to unite and create Project Zen, a plan to move a part of humanity to the outer rim of the solar system and beyond to new systems.

The technology at this time in humanity's history was still incomplete and it took many years before Project Zen could really begin. In 2189, the spacecraft that would carry a large portion of humanity to other worlds was completed. It received the name Valhalla, Ark of Earth.

2207 was the year it was set to begin its journey. A lot of criticism was received about the selection about those who would participate. Even though gene-engineering and pre-birth modifications were possible, a lot of problems with the human body still existed and those who still weren't healthy would not be approved to join. Criminals, patients of different disorders and other people were also neglected.

Only the finest specimens of humanity would be chosen to do the journey, to ensure the well-being of the future.

Preparations were completed, participants transported to Valhalla and the journey began at 5:59 PM the 24th of June in 2207, leaving behind them billions, taking with them millions.

This is not the end of an era, it is merely a start. This is what I would like to call a new chapter in the history of humankind, a chapter filled with mystery, discoveries and the future.
- Richard Nilsson, Commander of the UGN forces, President of the UGN.

=====

With that said, I will show a concept for a vessel capable of 2% the speed of light.

=====

Quicklight
Function: Scouting/Exploration
Shape: Needle
Size: Small

Description: Produced and developed onboard the Valhalla. It consists of the finest technology the Valhalla has to offer and is mostly used for exploration of nearby asteroids, planets, or solar systems. Utilizing its FTL engine, called an Enzym drive, it's capable of propelling itself with a speed close to that of light, but doing so is considered extremely risky, to the point of suicidal. The Enzym drive only exists on Quicklights to minimize accidents and to further experiment with the drive.

Even though the Enzym drive is unstable during close to light speed, operating it under normal circumstances is considered to be safe. A percentage of the speed of light can still be given and enables it to quickly move from one point to another, or scouting ahead of the Valhalla.

Few are chosen as pilots to a Quicklight. Only those who show a high amount of skill and experience are allowed to even test one, so pilots for Quicklights are not numerous. That said, only ten Quicklights exist today, since there isn't any need for more.

Pilots of Quicklights are often held in high regard and high status. Being capable to pilot one is many cadet's dream, but few succeed.

A Quicklight's shape resembles that of a needle. Very thin, quite long and pointy at the front. It has a silver tone over its main body.
The cockpit holds two people and that's all that is needed to keep it running. One pilot, one navigator/mechanic.

=====

All of this is my concept ideas and is bound to be configured in certain ways. I have decided to stick to this and not terminate it, as the case was with Atomicoid.

The title is currently being worked out, but I think I will settle for Arkea.

Old 2008-11-27, 18:15   Link #173
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Just a tiny update. Did another "original abstract" as I call them. Pen tool and gradients has been the most frequented. Only fonts are "trance" and "science-fiction".

Old 2008-11-28, 06:54   Link #174
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Just a tiny update. Did another "original abstract" as I call them. Pen tool and gradients has been the most frequented. Only fonts are "trance" and "science-fiction".

A solid evidence of the power of simplicity. A very good job done.

But there's one little thing I have to ask. On the right side of the first letter's diagonal line, the surface is a little jagged (in the upper third of it). Is this intentional, or just a tiny flaw in this sig-masterpiece? Cought my eye, ya know...
Old 2008-11-28, 07:17   Link #175
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
A solid evidence of the power of simplicity. A very good job done.

But there's one little thing I have to ask. On the right side of the first letter's diagonal line, the surface is a little jagged (in the upper third of it). Is this intentional, or just a tiny flaw in this sig-masterpiece? Cought my eye, ya know...
Thank you for the compliment. The jagged is, I'm sorry to say, something I can't avoid, due to it being photoshop, which only works with pixels. I've been trying to get a hold of Illustrator which should remove that since it works with vectors.

Anyhow, I just got some more input and I'm going to make another version of it. I'll see if I can do something about it then.

EDIT: Remade it a bit. Added a light source instead.

Also, another car sig I'm quite satisfied with:

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2008-11-28 at 10:53.
Old 2008-11-28, 18:37   Link #176
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Wow, amazing signatures! I really like them!
Especially these two:

So.... <3

I remember i noticed this signature in the Rate that avatar thread,
and said to myself: "Dammit! Why isn't this Rate that signature?
i WANT to rate that signature!"

Keep up the awesome work! Cookies
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 17:46   Link #177
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Thank you, I'm glad you like them.

Onto this time's update..

Request:

Simple crop because I just wanted these two like this:

Regular sig:

Taken:

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2008-12-03 at 07:57.
Old 2008-12-03, 05:22   Link #178
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

A fast update. Got inspiration for some space sigs again with som stock images. Also, a little background story added to each.

Battle of Callahoun

2389. Members of the rebellion force calling themselves 'Cyclons', warps in to invade the planet 'Callahoun'. The Galactic Earth Federation is the most authorative figure in this system and they count on not giving up Callahoun that easily.

Frontier's End

The planet featured here was the last planet to be colonized by humanity, just before the invasion of an alien race. Frontier's End, or simply called FE, quickly fell due to it being the first planet that was discovered by this powerful alien force.

Old 2008-12-03, 05:39   Link #179
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

'Cyclons,' eh? Reminds me a bit of 'Cylons'

Seriously sexy sigs, I'm especially digging Frontier's End. These sigs - are you planning on using for yourself, or would they be available for outside use? *cough*me*cough*'

Just noticed your older post about Illustrator. It's funny, I have it, but I haven't the slightest clue on how to use it. I'll have to try sometime over winter break since it has so many perks.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 06:09   Link #180
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
'Cyclons,' eh? Reminds me a bit of 'Cylons'
The name just jmped up in my head without any reference and I wrote it down. These small bits of text I add at times are random thoughts I get while doing these.

Quote:
Seriously sexy sigs, I'm especially digging Frontier's End. These sigs - are you planning on using for yourself, or would they be available for outside use? *cough*me*cough*'
You're very welcome to use any of them, just tell me which.

Quote:
Just noticed your older post about Illustrator. It's funny, I have it, but I haven't the slightest clue on how to use it. I'll have to try sometime over winter break since it has so many perks.
I managed to finally get a hold of it, although I have not installed it yet. Hopefully, I'll find the energy to learn it deeply.