Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-16, 22:48   Link #1181
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorClad View Post
Well... i'll try to name something that someone hasn't brought up.

Samurai Deeper Kyo, errr probably not one of the WORST, but i found it unbelievably cheesy and sort of got boring after a while. I didn't even manage to finish it.
i agree that show sucked, onegai twins didn't like it all terrible, i didn't like evangelion that much either
Old 2008-05-23, 10:40   Link #1182
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Tenchi in Tokyo ehhh an abomination to the whole wonderful Tenchi series
HO..........AGREED. That thing just.........sucked. And they turned Tenchi into a complete jerk.
Old 2008-05-23, 13:15   Link #1183
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Yea i made my list a while back but im adding another one. I want to take every copy every made of Dragonaut the resonance and shoot them in the sun.
Old 2008-05-25, 06:40   Link #1184
KidKaBOOM
Master of Cheese

Send a message via AIM to KidKaBOOM
I tried to watch Heroic Age as well, since I tend to easily get into sci-fi/mecha type anime over everything else. Yet, it failed to hold my attention even with the predisposition to the genre.

I'd have to agree with Samurai Deeper Kyo..... protagonist with 1 move he does over and over... Weeeee! I tolerated almost half of that series... Suckfest!

Vampire Princess Miyu was also crap imo...
Old 2008-05-25, 14:47   Link #1185
Da~Mike

There's far too many anime titles out there that shouldn't have been made to begin with but alas, with marketing and economics and all that fluff, they were produced... (just like all those crappy films, lousy singers etc etc)

Off the top of my head, anime titles that I found so painful to watch and promptly sold them (hesitating to destroy them) were:

* Shadowskill (poor storyline, bad art...)
* Colorful (completely random, disturbing and not amusing)
* If I see you in my dreams (another one of those pathetic pansy gets hot girl, though much worse than other ones I've heard of..)
* Ai Yori Aoshi (the most sexist anime I've seen... and a crap storyline)
* Cardcaptor Sakura the movie (this probably wasn't a bad series but I can't stand watching this kind of stuff...)

No thanks to the indiscriminate licensing of titles by all those companies (much worse in the past), I've been very hesitant to simply buy a DVD to watch a series. I've scarcely been lucky enough to pick up something good just by buying a DVD without knowing what it was.
This is my main gripe agaisnt this guy "Answerman" who writes for this column: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman
Lovely chap who is otherwise funny, believes we all have an excess of money to buy all the crap, frisbee worthy DVDs that anime companies try to fleece us on.

p.s. just glanced through Answerman's recent column. There's an interesting slice on DVD pricing, east vs west. I guess that argument swayed a little more towards his point of view. --> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2008-05-23

Last edited by Da~Mike; 2008-05-25 at 15:11. Reason: added link
Old 2008-06-13, 07:38   Link #1186
Mystic_Blue_Roses
Anime Freak

Dragonball Z and Green Green! Those animes are awful!! XO
Old 2008-06-13, 09:36   Link #1187
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Da~Mike
I loved Shadowskill 0_o yes its medium grade but the animation is not bad for the time, the OVA has a more condensed awkward storyline the TV is alot better IMO.
I don't buy in to retail products anymore, the whole retail setup is meant as a way companies can over charge for products claiming they are on sale.....
When it comes to anime I might by in now and then but I will try to buy used first and always at no more than 2$ an ep, I don;t care if they charge 10$ a ep in JP they are the reason they are stagnating thier profits by making things so costly, in the disposable world the corporations(not just anime but all of media) have made to milk from, volume is the key to profit not over priced indavendaul or "bulk" sales.

Mystic_Blue_Roses
Green green was a fun ecchi show, the the horny male bashing part (sticking them in a sona or something and letting them think each other was female was so wrong and funny ).
The DB anime is a bit messed up DB was mostly potty humor,DBZ was mostly about endless fighting and GT is a mix of both with more random story/setting's .
Old 2008-06-20, 17:06   Link #1188
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐

Gantz has to be my least favorite so far. The characters weren't sympathetic at all, and they just kept standing around saying what they were going to do (but no one actually did it). "I'm gonna go help. I'm gonna jump down there and help. I will. I'm gonna help!" (HELP ALREADY you chicken-sh**!). Plus the ending was like... WTF?

Another WTF ending pretty much put Blue Gender on the list too. It's not "terrible", but definitely one of the weaker series I've seen.

Ciao!
Old 2008-06-20, 19:02   Link #1189
Kyuuketsuki42221
Seen 379 Cat-Girl Ears

the new seasons of pokemon, let it die.

card-game based anime for kids, i don't like any of it. Bakugan, Yu-gi-oh, Duel Masters, and most american atempts at something close to Nihon-Quality-Anime usually turn out kind-of awful.
Old 2008-06-21, 22:22   Link #1190
Shimizu
Kawaii Shojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki42221 View Post
the new seasons of pokemon, let it die.

card-game based anime for kids, i don't like any of it. Bakugan, Yu-gi-oh, Duel Masters, and most american atempts at something close to Nihon-Quality-Anime usually turn out kind-of awful.
i completely agree. They really rub me the wrong way.

also, naruto, not that naruto is that bad or anything, but there were SO MANY filler episodes! animes with mostly fillers so suck.
Old 2008-06-22, 16:34   Link #1191
Nemu

I for sure think Bakugan should be used as a frisbee! O_O

Signature by ganbaru
Old 2008-06-30, 20:59   Link #1192
fallin up
my life is a harem

sumomomomo
Old 2008-07-02, 11:57   Link #1193
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Life is a Harem View Post
sumomomomo
Blasphemy.

That was one of the funniest anime I've ever had the pleasure of watching.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:33   Link #1194
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki42221 View Post
Bakugan, Yu-gi-oh, Duel Masters
I'm pretty sure those are all Japanese anime.

And su mo(x) definitely has more mo's than that.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:35   Link #1195
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Kawaii Jenny- Oh dear lord, even anime is not safe anymore.
Old 2008-07-19, 03:32   Link #1196
Awataurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-san View Post
Tekken was so-so,
death to sailor moon!
Dont Barging on Sailor moon is a Clasical Anime so Dont Barget
Old 2008-07-22, 09:03   Link #1197
DarkBelerofonte
The Last of Omega Clan

Medarot II, i kinda liked the first series but this one was so bad i couldn't bare to watch.
Old 2008-07-22, 09:38   Link #1198
ale_NN
Minion

please delete post

Last edited by ale_NN; 2008-07-22 at 09:49.
Old 2008-07-22, 20:46   Link #1199
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

Most anime that come to Brazil, except the ones at Animax; tough I hate dubs with a passion. If I see an episode of an Anime and like it, I go download the subbed version.

The worst list: Whatevermon, Beyblade, DBGT, Saint Seya (the plot is just too repetitive) and more that I forgot. Oh, and Power Rangers. It isn't anime, nor japanese, but is based on a bunch of japanese series.

The so-so list: DBZ (I didn't watch the whole thing tough), Shaman King, Inuyasha. Naruto and Bleach got horrible dubs, but the anime aren't so bad.

The only anime I've seen published here that I tought was good was Patlabor. And it started me in the fansub world. I got nostalgic over it after two years without watching it and downloaded it

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Old 2008-07-22, 21:12   Link #1200
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovensky View Post
The worst list: Saint Seya (the plot is just too repetitive)

The only anime I've seen published here that I tought was good was Patlabor. And it started me in the fansub world. I got nostalgic over it after two years without watching it and downloaded it
I agree with your opinion on Saint Seiya, I've written it before here but will say it again. Saint seiya is one of the worst anime I've ever encountered. I've watched anime similar to Saint Seiya like Shurato, but Shurato isn't so bad. o_o

Also agreed that Patlabor was pretty good.
Closed Thread