AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-02, 03:25   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 515 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers out...
Quote:
Title: The 4th Great War Starts

-Tsuchikage, literally flying on the Turtle Island, directs the group back to the main land, and back to the Shinobi Alliance headquarters (he realizes that their “panic room” has been breached, so he decides to abandon the safety of anonymity, and simply take all the Shinobi/Jinchuuriki home).

-Naruto, finally realizing something is wrong, decides it is time to get back to Konoha and wait for his date with Sasuke.

-Speaking…Cut to Sasuke. Still wrapped in bandages, and being an awful patient, He is told (by Black Zetsu) that his eyes are not done baking yet, so they need to stay wrapped longer. White Zetsu goes on to explain just how vastly different the world will appear once he sees it again (presumably, to indicate how the eyes perceive the world, and not how far the world has changed).

-Cut to Madara and Kabuto. Madara explains that he can take the info directly from Yamato (with Nagato’s power), but in doing so, Yamato will die. Kabuto, not wanting this, instead uses a specialized snake poison to immobilize Yamato’s Mokuton. Madara marvels at the poison, and Kabuto assures him he will not use the technique on any of the Zetsu.

-Cut to the Flying Turtle Island…which has landed at Alliance Headquarters. There is a general meet-and-greet, before Kishimoto gives us the Teams for the upcoming War -
Ambush Battalion: led by Kankuro
1st Battalion: led by Daru.
2nd Battalion: led by Kitsuchi. Hinata, Karui, and Kurotsuchi are members of this battalion (whose leader is Kurotsuchi’s father).
3rd Battalion: led by Kakashi. Gai is also a member (and presumably Lee as well).
4th Battalion: led by Gaara. Chouji, Temari, and Shikamaru are members.
5th Battalion: led by Mifune. Has Kiba, Hana, Shino, and Ino.

-Various other characters appear (Tenten, etc), and all make comments…

-Cut to Kabuto, who decides that Akatsuki needs some heavy hitters. So…he summons everyone: the former Akatsuki (Itachi, Deidara, Sasori, Kakuzu, Nagato); the former Jinchuuriki members; the 5 kages' predecessors, and a bunch of named fighters (Zabuza, Haku, Kimimaro, Asuma, Hanzou, Chiyo-baa, Gaara's aide, Neji's father, etc).

-The war has finally started…

Last edited by james0246; 2010-11-10 at 02:29.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 03:54   Link #2
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

OOh Undead Asuma and zabuza too might be an actual good chapter i hope theres undead haku too
Old 2010-11-02, 06:25   Link #3
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Location: Shady spaces and dark places, where animals fear to tread. . .
So, we might actually get some more information on the Rinnegan, and why Madara really is still holding on to his Sharingan?

Oh, and more zombies. . . yippee. . .
Sharfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 07:52   Link #4
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

I can understand Gaara's dad, but why summon Asuma and Zabuza. As cool as it may be, it makes little sense. It looks like Kishi is going a little overboard with this zombiefest if this spoiler is true.

Even more surprising is Sasuke still being out of it. How could Madara implant eyes like it is eating candy, but for Sasuke he is still out for days if not weeks? Just weird.

Last edited by astayanax; 2010-11-02 at 08:44.
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 08:05   Link #5
tkdtiger

Well looks like he's going to go for emotional fights in the future maybe
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 09:08   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
-Naruto does something; probably something stupid...
Can't have an interesting chapter without a routine penis check, can we?
Quote:
Well looks like he's going to go for emotional fights in the future maybe
That, or summon a zombie army of cool guys to backstab and doublecross Madara and his army of White.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 09:11   Link #7
Alchemist007
*Author

Oh man if Jiraiya is among them...
Old 2010-11-02, 09:26   Link #8
ZeroForever

surprised kakashi's dad isn't among the super zombies i mean he's supposedly Sannin level.
(there's a translation already out though there were a few unknowns).

seriously though this is LOL worthy, really no words to describe how retarded the power creeping has gotten.
Old 2010-11-02, 09:33   Link #9
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

kabuto summoned all the chars who are dead lol, I cant wait to see Haku's ice technique again.
Old 2010-11-02, 09:39   Link #10
james0246

Full Spoiler is up (in the OP), with only one or two missing details...

Seems like a huge chapter, with loads of info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
seriously though this is LOL worthy, really no words to describe how retarded the power creeping has gotten.
There is no time to develop any new characters (though quite a few of the summons are essentially unknown), so it is easier (even a little better) to just stick with known entities.
Old 2010-11-02, 09:44   Link #11
Aqua Knight

So it's gonna be like all Naruto mass vs mass battles

All start then cut to other battle then switch to another-> cliffhanger-> switch->cliffhanger->endless loop

Oh and Sasuke is gonna appear some then if he's shown and spread moar hatred
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 10:17   Link #12
tkdtiger

I can see a lot of characters who are going to be pretty pissed at Kabuto...anyways it seems that the prediction of Naruto's friends getting more play time may actually play out. It should be fun to see what battle plans Kish will come up with

as added info.
Spoiler:
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 10:20   Link #13
Rurik
Golden

So, Sasuke needs to get time to get used to an eye implant whereas kakashi was good to go in a manner of minutes, maybe a couple of hours? I guess it has somethinging to do with the EMS.

Interesting, the revival of dead character continue, even zabuza and Haku that should be low tiered compared to any of Konohas new generation.
Old 2010-11-02, 10:37   Link #14
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
one spoiler I read says Anko is still near Akatsuki's HQ. It also seems some of the teams were created specific reasons for example Neji is on a scouting team and Kankouro (sorry for the spelling) is leading an ambush team.
You don't need spoiler tags.

And yes, I also saw some other sections with other names (Anko among them), but decided to wait for an accurate translation before providing...

New info, Kirabi teaches Naruto how to use the Bijuu's power.
Old 2010-11-02, 11:33   Link #15
David_The_Gnome
MR Claytard

So the villians had to resort to recycled characters, recycled magical eyeballs, and bootleg clones...

Its like the bad guys in this series are constantly overbudgeting themselves just to keep up with Naruto's endless upgrades, and swarms of good guys.

Talk about writing yourself into a corner.
David_The_Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 12:06   Link #16
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, this chapter makes absolutely no sense.

Why would Kabuto know or care about Haku, Asuma or Neji's dad?

And how can he revive so many people anyway? Last I checked it takes a huge amount of chakra just to revive one person.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 12:19   Link #17
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Why would Kabuto know or care about Haku, Asuma or Neji's dad?
Haku is the only known Ice user in the series, and conceivably, one of the most proficient in the Narutoverse. Additionally, Kabuto would know about Haku through Zabuza (who was also summoned).

Asuma was a highly regarded shinobi, and he would make a great diversion if nothing else.

Neji's dad...no idea (though I guess he could have been great). Got to have Neji do something, why no battle his dad?

And, the Kages (it’s unclear if the Konoha Kages are summoned), Jinchuuriki (its unknown how they are depowered, though it could be possible that Madara will seal the Bijuu back in the containers, which would make them uber zombies), Hanzou and even Chiyo all make sense to summon

Personally, I hope Kabuto summons Mikoto and Fugaku, then has both of them set out to kill Sasuke. Now that would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
And how can he revive so many people anyway? Last I checked it takes a huge amount of chakra just to revive one person.
I don't recall, but where did it say that the technique was chakra intensive? I think the better question is just how many stored bodies does Kabuto have just waiting to eb sacrificed? .
Old 2010-11-02, 12:35   Link #18
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

You got to be kidding... so in the end Naruto doesnt differ from DBZ afterall. Since everyone gets back anyways...

Honestly... how powerfull should those summonings be?
Haku, Zabuza.... they shouldnt last a second against the current Gaara or Kakashi.
His aide... aside from usefull lectures... and a terrorist suicide attack... he did absolutely nothing.

I am wondering though...why the 4th, Jiraiya, Orochimaru and Sandaime haven't been summoned.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:36   Link #19
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I don't recall, but where did it say that the technique was chakra intensive?
I don't think it's ever outright stated that it takes a huge amount, but considering it's an S-rank forbidden technique and it involves reviving the souls of the dead, I think it's pretty much implied.

But hey, that's Naruto for ya. Maybe breaking the laws of life and death really does only require a moderate amount of chakra.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 12:46   Link #20
Johnny
Working the bags...

Is there anything Kabuto cannot do? I bet he makes a killer apple pie too...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion