AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-11, 10:03   Link #41
Ending

1. Age/Gender
21/Hanging

2. Have you ever considered about attempting a suicide?
c) I have thought about it, but it wasn't very serious

3. Do you think suicide is acceptable?
a) Yes, everyone decides of their own life.

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide?
No.

Note that the last phrase "-- euthanasia not included -- or in this whole survey --" is slightly suggesting towards the authors own opinion and might affect the poll results. Or should I say: "Will affect the results."
Old 2004-11-11, 10:08   Link #42
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLB
Do what I did when confronted by a fucking psycho girl who insisted that she'd commit suicide if I didn't become her boyfriend.

Ignore her emails, ignore her in class, ignore her in fucking everything, send her phone number and email to the school shrink (being in a university, they're probably pretty good), and forget about the crazy bitch.

If anything, it makes an amusing story (FOR GUYS ONLY, IF YOU TALK ABOUT THIS WITH WOMEN, THEY WILL THINK YOU ARE A MONSTER.)
people who blackmail others with suicide threats are idiots, and imo they dont want to commit suicide in the first place, but have really serious issues to begin with.

agh, this is such an uncomfortable topic for me...

as for the questions:

1. lets pretend Im 22/M instead of a mantis

2. a) Yes

2b. a) Yes

2c. a) Yes

3. a) Yes, everyone decides of their own life.

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide?
No

I agree with Anita-chan, is so stupid, and you realize that specially after attempting it, and most people do it for attention, but I cant say Ill never ever try it again.
Old 2004-11-11, 10:25   Link #43
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
I agree with Anita-chan, is so stupid, and you realize that specially after attempting it, and most people do it for attention, but I cant say Ill never ever try it again.
i suppose i agree with you on that .. there are times when i think (even myself) how far can i really go this time, how much can i prove my point if i do it "again"....

stupid really, thats why curiosity always gets you killed.
Old 2004-11-11, 10:37   Link #44
Shay
Monarch Programmer

23/Male

1) B

3) B

4) Yes. Very sad time in my life, a complete suprise.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-11-11, 10:52   Link #45
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Is it really victimless? Losing a someone close to suicide is worse than any other way. When I was young, one of my friend's father commited suicide, and he was never the same after. Not only was there the pain of losing his father, but the feeling that his father would rather die that stay with him, which made it much worse than it would have been had the death been from natural causes, an accident, or even murder.
You friend was obviously hurt by his father's suicide, but he was hardly a victim (in any legal sense) of a crime (suicide). I think your friend's father failed in his obligations as a father but I still think he should have the right to kill himself. I could never agree with the whole guilt trip arguement against suicide. Seems like an effective way to stop suicides but it just seems to be people against suicide trying/saying anything to get people to stop without really thinking about what they might be doing to the mental state of the person. They've basically done nothing to sell the person on life but have convinced him that thoughts of suicide are "bad" and that he should feel guilty for even thinking about it. Oh great one more thing to feel miserable about.
Old 2004-11-11, 11:19   Link #46
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
You friend was obviously hurt by his father's suicide, but he was hardly a victim (in any legal sense) of a crime (suicide). I think your friend's father failed in his obligations as a father but I still think he should have the right to kill himself. I could never agree with the whole guilt trip arguement against suicide. Seems like an effective way to stop suicides but it just seems to be people against suicide trying/saying anything to get people to stop without really thinking about what they might be doing to the mental state of the person. They've basically done nothing to sell the person on life but have convinced him that thoughts of suicide are "bad" and that he should feel guilty for even thinking about it. Oh great one more thing to feel miserable about.
Afterall, negative reinforcement is the most effective way in the short-run; they could care less if those suicidal people are living miserably so long as they are living.
Old 2004-11-11, 13:11   Link #47
Tsu
Burorororou

Send a message via MSN to Tsu
1. 19/male
2. b
3. b
4. b

Why there are so many people even thinking about committing suicide is probably something I'll never understand.
Old 2004-11-11, 13:16   Link #48
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

Quote:
Edit:

No, you're stupid. Smoking kills, certainly, but so does McDonalds, the foul air we breath, the foul water we swim in, the radiation emited from our monitors, the GIANT FUCKING HOLE in the sky that emits various types of radiation, etc, etc. Fuck, masturbation kills. If people want to smoke, let them smoke. I don't smoke, certainly (I don't want to smell bad), nor do I drink (again, don't want to smell bad, plus I know for a fact that I'd say things I don't want to say), but hey, that's my fucking choice, and it's the same for those who do smoke and do drink. If they want to go for it, go for it.

HOWEVER, this does not extend to those woh want to commit suicide. If you want to commit suicide, you should be fucking shot, ya pansy assed pinko commie bastard.

Those things like the GIANT FUCKING HOLE IN THE SKY, are the work of others.Killing ourselves by smoking , consuming drugs and yes McDonalds is our own fault, so Explain better next time.and no need to swear so much, geez..

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2004-11-11 at 13:29.
Old 2004-11-11, 13:40   Link #49
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
Those things like the GIANT FUCKING HOLE IN THE SKY, are the work of others.Killing ourselves by smoking , consuming drugs and yes McDonalds is our own fault, so Explain better next time.and no need to swear so much, geez..
Drive a car? Use hair spray? Consume/dispose of anything that emits those chemicals?

It's your own doing, mate.

Also, I was warned not to swear by some mod. Only Mod I know is Na..na.. something like that, and she supports Opera, so she's okay. Dunno the other mods.
Curses, how I wish to speak profanely...
Old 2004-11-11, 13:46   Link #50
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

Quote:
Drive a car? Use hair spray? Consume/dispose of anything that emits those chemicals?

Also, I was warned not to swear by some mod. Only Mod I know is Na..na.. something like that, and she supports Opera, so she's okay. Dunno the other mods.
Curses, how I wish to speak profanely...
exactly, you don't have to curse everyone out for the work of others. Not everyone does something to destroy our planet eh?
Old 2004-11-11, 13:57   Link #51
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
exactly, you don't have to curse everyone out for the work of others. Not everyone does something to destroy our planet eh?
Er, no. What I meant by my statement was that EVERYONE does stuff that is destroying our planet. EVERYONE. We're both taking part in its destruction at this very moment by using computers, for example.

And that's why I don't consider smoking suicide, and lay off the smokers.
Old 2004-11-11, 14:03   Link #52
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
people who blackmail others with suicide threats are idiots, and imo they dont want to commit suicide in the first place, but have really serious issues to begin with.

agh, this is such an uncomfortable topic for me...

Mantidor, You are so on the money. Those truly considering it don't tell anyone. In fact you would never think they would be the one to do that.

The person hides it well. No one should know and the person will put on a happy face and try to be around others. It is when they are alone, when no one can see the pain, it can become overwhelming and drop them to their knees. I know this from experience and guess what, No one had a clue.
Old 2004-11-11, 14:07   Link #53
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfAnime
Mantidor, You are so on the money. Those truly considering it don't tell anyone. In fact you would never think they would be the one to do that.

The person hides it well. No one should know and the person will put on a happy face and try to be around others. It is when they are alone, when no one can see the pain, it can become overwhelming and drop them to their knees. I know this from experience and guess what, No one had a clue.
*low five* But instead of being around others, I simply isolated myself completely and ignored all attentions from others...
Old 2004-11-11, 14:20   Link #54
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
True, there are no victims in a legal sense, but it there are still victims. Also, I never said that giving someone who's considering suicide a guilt trip is a good way to prevent it. I know it won't work if the person is serious. However, that doesn't mean it should be discounted in an objective analysis of the moral and ethical aspects of suicide.
Old 2004-11-11, 14:26   Link #55
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:

Carbon Monoxide emissions from automobiles have zero effect on the concentration of ozone within the stratosphere. While it does, some would claim, have an effect on global warming, it will only harm you in high concentrations over prolonged periods of exposure. So unless you re-route your car's exhaust into the cabin portion of your car, it's not about to hurt you anytime soon. Also, I hate to inform you but no can of hairspray, paint or any other product that comes in such a can has had CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons) in it since 1989. CFCs have been banned in all European, Asian, North and South American countries on top of many countless other countries (there's been a universal ban of CFCs in all developed countries since 1990). By the end of this decade developing countries will also no longer create or use any products containing them.

Given that it takes approximately 100 years for existing CFCs to breakdown but only ~35 years for them to diffuse into the stratosphere, all current ozone depletion is the result emissions in and around the '70s when CFC usage was at it's peak. In this case it's your parents that are killing you!

Quote:
So consider anything that might have a slight adverse effect on the planet suicide but not pumping your lungs full of tar and cancer inducing chemicals that have a +90% chance of killing you? Somehow, I now know you're a smoker.
Old 2004-11-11, 14:28   Link #56
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
*low five* But instead of being around others, I simply isolated myself completely and ignored all attentions from others...

Unfortunately I did not have that option. Daily life kept throwing people in my path. I have to drive the kids to and from school, and daily interaction with kids and husband didn't help .

I am going to take a leap of faith here and explain. Some stated earlier that the
GUILT OF HURTING OTHERS would not stop someone. That is not quite true in all cases.

I would sit crying at night wanting to end everything and the one thing stopping me was my kids. I did not want them to grow up feeling guilty and wondering if it was their fault. I could not punish them to that kind of lifetime of living hell. That kept me from the edge of insanity. Since I have learned some Hard Truths about myself and others. I have seen some light at the end of the tunnel and my ways of thinking have changed. Not saying literally "It was all in my head" But it was too. I know contradicting statement there. I will clarify it. I was listening to a whole graveyard of subconscious ghosts from my past. People would say things in the here and the now, and in my mind they were verifying what the ghosts said. We all do this to some degree. Once I let go of the past and realized that all those people in the past WERE WRONG, then I was able to move to a new level of thinking and now I can see that you have to be careful what you say to others about themselves. Without them realizing it they can carry the echo of your words for a long time. If those words are hurtful then it is even worse.
Old 2004-11-11, 14:36   Link #57
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

actually thinking about this thread... i thin the mods should close it, its bringing to many thoughts and memories back to the people who have ...

this thread might awaken that memorie and that curiosity again ....

hands up if you agree to close this thread ..

*hand up*
Old 2004-11-11, 14:44   Link #58
AndrewLB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Carbon Monoxide emissions from automobiles have zero effect on the concentration of ozone within the stratosphere. While it does, some would claim, have an effect on global warming, it will only harm you in high concentrations over prolonged periods of exposure. So unless you re-route your car's exhaust into the cabin portion of your car, it's not about to hurt you anytime soon. Also, I hate to inform you but no can of hairspray, paint or any other product that comes in such a can has had CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons) in it since 1989. CFCs have been banned in all European, Asian, North and South American countries on top of many countless other countries (there's been a universal ban of CFCs in all developed countries since 1990). By the end of this decade developing countries will also no longer create or use any products containing them.

Given that it takes approximately 100 years for existing CFCs to breakdown but only ~35 years for them to diffuse into the stratosphere, all current ozone depletion is the result emissions in and around the '70s when CFC usage was at it's peak. In this case it's your parents that are killing you!

So consider anything that might have a slight adverse effect on the planet suicide but not pumping your lungs full of tar and cancer inducing chemicals that have a +90% chance of killing you? Somehow, I now know you're a smoker.
Nah, I don't even drink alcohol, let alone smoke. Nor do I eat meat, etc, etc, etc. I don't do a lot of things, but that's just a life choice. Same with smoking. It puts you at risk, but hey, so do a lot of things. God knows, by eating in a college cafeteria, I'm probably going to die in a few days. However, the smartie/mint/coffe-crisp ice cream I had yesterday was worth it. Oh, God, was it worth it. I'd have had it again at lunch, but I try not to eat too much fattening stuff since, like, I have no metabolism.

Anyway, yeah, not a smoker. And even if you argued against (probably rightly so) my half formed arguments, there are lots of other things you're doing that are killing you right now. Like computers. Your eyes will slowly give out, you'll go blind, and get hit by a car, THUS, by a certain someone's argument who I can't remember but I THINK that was what I was arguing against, you'll commit suicide, JUST like smoking.
Old 2004-11-11, 14:49   Link #59
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

Quote:
Er, no. What I meant by my statement was that EVERYONE does stuff that is destroying our planet. EVERYONE. We're both taking part in its destruction at this very moment by using computers, for example.

Cigarette smoking may play a role in 40% of all cancers. Lung cancer is the most common kind of cancer caused by smoking. A smoker is at greater risk of getting cancer of the lips, mouth, throat, or voice box. Smokers also have a higher risk of getting esophagus, stomach, kidney, pancreas, cervix, bladder, and skin cancer.also The nicotine in the tobacco causes an increase in your heart rate and blood pressure.And you tell me Not to consider Cigarettes as a suicide?

*EDIT*
Quote:
Same with smoking. It puts you at risk
wait what did you say? are you trying to change your opinion after you said that you dont consider cigarettes as suicide? do people Smoke without knowhing the damage that Smoking does? I don't think so. Don't try to change your statement
Old 2004-11-11, 14:52   Link #60
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita-chan
actually thinking about this thread... i thin the mods should close it, its bringing to many thoughts and memories back to the people who have ...

this thread might awaken that memorie and that curiosity again ....

hands up if you agree to close this thread ..

*hand up*
While I am no "suicide candidate" I do not support the idea to close this thread since it helps those people who are/were thinking about suicide because they see people who had the same or similar problems but chose not to give up - and they succeeded (or else they wouldn't be posting here, eh? ).
Plus, it's always a good thing to reflect on what you've done to be "wiser" for the future.
Closed Thread